Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Wires, cords, cables - damn...

leaf
Leaf, not Leech

Member 11406

Level 6.55

Aug 2006

Old Dec 15, 2009, 05:34 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2009, 12:34 PM #1 of 6
Wires, cords, cables - damn...

Does the Wii component (or RGB scart for Wii) work with the Nintendo 64? I've also heard the Nintendo's component cable doesn't work with Virtual Conosole games... Is that true?

And second case: does the Sony's (or BigBen's) component for PS3 work with the very early models of PS2?

I don't know if that matters, but I just want to get the best quality on traditional (big ass) HDReady TV.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:18 AM #2 of 6
No, the Wii cable plug has a slightly different shape than the N64/SNES one. It doesn't fit.

As for the PS2/PS3 one, I think they are the same. I haven't tried, but they look to be the same.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
leaf
Leaf, not Leech

Member 11406

Level 6.55

Aug 2006

Old Dec 18, 2009, 05:19 AM Local time: Dec 18, 2009, 12:19 PM #3 of 6
Please guys help me with solving these two cases. My old factory cable for PS2 got broken and I need to buy a new one. So does the PS3's component cable work with the PS2, because so far I got mixed opinions...

And second thing is: will the Gamecube component (if this exists) work with the N64? Or maybe to stick with the S-Video or RGB-scart...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:23 PM #4 of 6
You won't be able to use Nintendo's official component cable from the Cube with the N64 since the cables only do the video. The Cube has two ports, one for digital and one for analog. The N64 only has one port. You could try using a third-party component cable for the N64, but I'm not sure how well that works or how good the quality is.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2009, 02:06 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2009, 12:06 PM #5 of 6
I don't think the N64 ever supported component cables, did it? As for the PS3, if you already have a component cable from your PS2, you can use it with your PS3. Or you could always go here and buy an HDMI cable dirt cheap and not worry about component cables.

I was speaking idiomatically.
leaf
Leaf, not Leech

Member 11406

Level 6.55

Aug 2006

Old Dec 18, 2009, 06:20 PM Local time: Dec 19, 2009, 01:20 AM #6 of 6
I think the best cable to use for N64 is S-Video.

Encephalon, the sitaution is vice-versa. I would like to buy a PS3 component to use it with PS2, because the PS2 components are out of stock in my country. These PS2 components were available for about 8USD, while now the PS3 components cost about 32USD, so I wonder what makes the price difference if they are the same cables after all. Something is wrong here.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Wires, cords, cables - damn...