Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

You're a douche ass-hat!

Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:42 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 08:42 AM #1 of 79
You're a douche ass-hat!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/interne....ap/index.html

OH NOES!

I think 90% of you guys would get arrested.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Dance party!
Thanatos
What?!

Member 1546

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:45 AM Local time: Feb 22, 2007, 12:45 AM #2 of 79
Another stupid regulation, I see.

Sigh~

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:15 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 09:15 AM #3 of 79
I thought this thread was going to be another thread like the one I started in the Sewers. I was about to say I take NO responsibility for this one.

I think this is ridiculous. Instead of punishing the ones who are doing the "bullying" they need to offer therapy for the ones that take it so seriously they kill themselves.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
starslight
if you want blood

Member 275

Level 17.17

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:25 PM #4 of 79
Dad's in some serious denial if he thinks his son killed himself because some kids called him gay on AIM.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 03:43 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 01:43 PM #5 of 79
This article ignore the real issue: we need to eliminate the stigma of being homosexual. I bet if no one cared about your preference, this sort of idiocy wouldn't have happened. That just my two cents though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 03:53 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 12:53 PM #6 of 79
I think the "bullies" may have hit a little close to home.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
rocketdog
formerly known as Green

Member 483

Level 23.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 04:05 PM #7 of 79
I blame the parents. Obviously it seems like the kid informed his folks... who did shit. Or maybe they let him die cause he actually was gay and they couldn't handle it.

I think 90% of you guys would get arrested.
Death sentence more likley. Visit the sewers lately?

FELIPE NO
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 04:14 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 02:14 PM #8 of 79
So now we're all going to be held accountable for the day when that little shit Simply Majestic kills himself? (Because you know that day's coming)

Originally Posted by rocketdog
Death sentence more likley. Visit the sewers lately?
Well it's a good thing you stay out of there, don'tcha think Matthew (Shepherd)?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 05:00 PM #9 of 79
Did you guys read the article? It's about putting in place some discipline/laws for kids who do this to fellow classmates. There really isn't anything about internet randoms insulting each other.
I'm wondering if the OT read the article.

Here I was thinking that this was going to be about that other article in the New York Times about Flaming due to "an inflated sense of self, and anonymity on the internet."
I could throw up a link but that'd be hard.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 05:13 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 05:13 PM #10 of 79
lol. It'd be funny if it was blatant hunting down of e-bullies. Call someone a fucktard one day, police are kicking your door down the next =O

YOU'RE UNDER ARREST FOR BEING A POTTY MOUTH AND A NINNY-HEAD.

o no ;__;
Originally Posted by Article
States from Oregon to Rhode Island are considering crackdowns to curb or outlaw the behavior in which kids taunt or insult peers on social Web sites like MySpace or via instant messages. Still, there is some disagreement over how effective crackdowns will be and how to do it.
Weird reinforcement... They should totally make Myspace and what-not an 18+ sort of thing. I know it won't stop it, but it'd deter these 12 & 13 year olds from toting their worthless school drama online.

Anyhow, I think daddy on this here article needed to pay more attention to his kiddo. I seriously doubt that IMs were the root of his trouble. The kid could've -- I dunno -- GOT A NEW IM NAME?

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

pengudeus
ASCII("\(>.<)/")Monster

Member 7504

Level 3.62

May 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 05:17 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 04:17 PM #11 of 79
"Cyberbullies"? Who the hell coined this term?

You're always going to get some "ass-hat" who wants to express his idiotic opinions to the rest of the world and that causes someone to be "offended." Learn to deal with it.

Most amazing jew boots
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 05:21 PM #12 of 79
Jesus CHRIST. Enough with the babying.

If you're called "gay" or whatever in school, you better get used to it. Don't take shit so seriously. This is what school is ABOUT. Mean names shouldn't denote it's time to KILL YOURSELF.

NAME-CALLING. SERIOUS BUSINESS.

It's nothing new. Kids have been doing this since kids were...well, kids. Its just NOW, they can use MySpace and AIM to do it too!

How ya doing, buddy?
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 05:31 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 04:31 PM #13 of 79
Shouldn't that this kid had the stupidity to kill himself over the Internet not being nice to him be of greater concern than the that kids called him gay? I know it hurts losing your son, but come the fuck on.

brknredcrayon
meh..

Member 4079

Level 7.53

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 05:43 PM #14 of 79
"The Internet allows students to insult others in relative anonymity, and experts who study cyberbullying say it can be more damaging to victims than traditional bullying like fist fights and classroom taunts."

what ? somone plz explain this one to me !? i would think with the ability to use something like a "block list", it would be easier to get away from.

Quote:
I think this is ridiculous. Instead of punishing the ones who are doing the "bullying" they need to offer therapy for the ones that take it so seriously they kill themselves.
How does this make any sense ? Essentially, your validating that those bullying are ok and should continue, while it's those that take offense that are in the wrong and should change...?

Most amazing jew boots
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 05:46 PM #15 of 79
I'm sure you have a much tougher exterior and interior than alot of these young elementary school kids, noone is debating that.
Thats how I actually GOT a tough exterior/interior. I got picked on a lot in high school for not shopping trendy or whatever.

The point is: Suck it up. Kids are cruel. You'll never make it in life if you can't handle petty name-calling. If you're having a hard time coping, maybe you should talk to an adult or a guidance counsellor if it's getting to be too much that you can handle as a kid.

Additionally, once again, no one is monitoring these kids while they're online. I'm sure parents are in denial about THEIR kid being a big, bad cyber-bully.

FELIPE NO
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 06:12 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 11:12 PM #16 of 79
It's a bit late for the P.S love, maybe you should've checked the Media section.

I personally take Sass's side on this one. I don't mean to be disrespectful in any manner but being called gay over the internet wouldn't be on my list of reasons to die. I've had worse and I know people who have had a lot worse, but we're all still here. I've never understood why cyber-bullying is so traumatising. So some faceless cretin is throwing names at you; why do you care so much? They're more pathetic than you just by using the internet to do their bullying. Try being physically stalked for months. That's enough to scare the crap out of you.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 06:43 PM #17 of 79
Jesus CHRIST. Enough with the babying.

If you're called "gay" or whatever in school, you better get used to it. Don't take shit so seriously. This is what school is ABOUT. Mean names shouldn't denote it's time to KILL YOURSELF.

NAME-CALLING. SERIOUS BUSINESS.

It's nothing new. Kids have been doing this since kids were...well, kids. Its just NOW, they can use MySpace and AIM to do it too!
And kids have killed themselves or gone ballistic and took guns to school as a result.

Remember Columbine? Those kids were picked on, and they had had enough--so they decided to take matters into their own hands.

I was picked on in school, and I wanted to kill myself, but I didn't because I realized it would piss them off more if I lived. That's what parents need to tell their children. Parents need to pay attention to their children.

And as far as the kid in the article goes: They were his classmates. So, I'm guessing that he not only had to deal with it online, but he heard it at school. Sure, it's easy to block a person on AIM, but is it as easy to block the person standing in front of you?

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 06:48 PM #18 of 79
Remember Columbine? Those kids were picked on, and they had had enough--so they decided to take matters into their own hands.
With all due respect Lekky, Columbine isn't a COMMON thing. Statistically-speaking.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 06:56 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 06:56 PM #19 of 79
We all know video games were behind the Columbine shooting =o

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 07:17 PM #20 of 79
Jeez, what a load of bullshit.

Seriously, I doubt anybody kills themselves because of IMs and messages they've received from "bullies". Much less "Cyberbullies". I don't think anybody's that hypersensitive to what other people say, and I certainly don't think people are that ridiculous as to take such drastic measures.

I think it's clear and safe to say that the parents must not have been very good at all to let this go on for so long. Either that or the child is unbelievably quiet and didn't bring up a word about it. Either way, the parents should have figured that something was up.

Seriously, this kid reeks of "emo-ism". Who the hell in their right mind takes death willingly?

Douche indeed.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 07:20 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 06:20 PM #21 of 79
The cycle would go something like:

Bullying-->resentment-->pressure-->explosion-->Columbine-->fear-->misunderstanding-->paranoia-->reaction--
-->bullying-->resentment-->pressure-->explosion-->Columbine-->fear...

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Of course, what would help is for schools to actually PUNISH BULLIES for starting shit and support the kids who they're currently having too much fun expelling on grounds of sticking up for themselves. "Zero tolerance" laws are a great, big, steaming pile. But noooooooooo, we can't expel the high school football hero two weeks before the regional championships, can we? What ever would Coach do?

Honestly, though, cyber-bullying? Gimme a fucking break. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of XHTML can put together some shitty website ragging on a classmate. Anyone with a knowledge of CSS can do the same and it might even look less shitty.

Of course, anyone with a knowledge of port scanning, buffer overflows, and other exploits can turn the tables in a heartbeat, so I guess I shouldn't bitch too much. REVENGE OF THE NERDS, BITCHES.

Seriously, though, it bears mentioning that what kids do on their own time in their own homes is NONE OF THE SCHOOL'S GODDAMN BUSINESS. I remember laughing to myself when I had to attend a "mandatory" meeting for all first-years at my high school about their extracurricular disciplinary requirements. Basically it said that you weren't allowed to partake in any extracurricular activities (clubs, sports, etc.) if you were found drinking, using illegal drugs, etc. at any time, on school grounds or off. Of course, to those of us who just wanted to take classes at school and had better things to do with their day, like work or study more academics, the entire thing was a huge joke. Quote me studies on emotional duress, developmental psychology, or what-have-you until you're blue in the face, but as far as I'm concerned, anything that extends the power of schools into the home even one iota is unwelcome and needs to be shot down like a Titan missile headed for your favourite pub. Schools can do what they like on their own grounds, but once my kids are home, they are MINE and school officials can kindly fuck off.

Of course, while on the topic of my (would-be) kids, this all is to say nothing of the hell that will become their lives if I ever find them on the giving end of bullying, and my wrath is a thousand times worse than that of any high-school counselor, therapist, principal or other official.

...Damn. Now I see my lady's point about not wanting kids.

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 07:21 PM #22 of 79
With all due respect Lekky, Columbine isn't a COMMON thing. Statistically-speaking.
My point is, those kids had had enough and did something about it. Some kill themselves, some kill others, some decide playing practical jokes work. But, they DO something that is NOT normal for them.

Like I said, living was the best revenge I could come up with.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 07:30 PM #23 of 79
My point is, those kids had had enough and did something about it. Some kill themselves, some kill others, some decide playing practical jokes work. But, they DO something that is NOT normal for them.
Well, I mean, I hate to say this, but shouldn't the parents kind of communicated with their kids about school?

At the same time, some kids WILL take it to another level. But thats not the norm. The majority of us realize "yea, this is stupid" and get over name-calling and cruelty. I mean, how many of us look back and say "HOLY HELL, I AM GOING TO FIX SO-AND-SO for calling me a cum-guzzling FAGGOT?" I hope none of us.

And yea, these are kids. But name-calling (be it on the internet, in the classroom, on the schoolyard or on the bus) should not be taken as seriously as some kids take it.

Those kids should communicate to their parents (ESPECIALLY elementary school kids, since they're not rebellious teens who HATE their parents) that they're having some trouble in school.

Quote:
Like I said, living was the best revenge I could come up with.
Revenge is necessary for name-calling?

FELIPE NO
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 07:38 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 07:38 PM #24 of 79
And yea, these are kids. But name-calling (be it on the internet, in the classroom, on the schoolyard or on the bus) should not be taken as seriously as some kids take it.
Used to be if someone started shit with you, you'd just pop them in the eye, and then they'd leave you alone.

But kids aren't allowed to do that anymore. It's grounds for being expelled now. Which makes verbal abuse all the more tantalizing to a bully, and efficient as a form of ostracizing someone.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 07:52 PM #25 of 79
Revenge is necessary for name-calling?
I never said it was over name-calling. I said it was over being picked on. This included physical contact like spitting. Ever been spit on? Not only is it disgusting, but it's meant to degrade a person's self-esteem.

Which didn't work because I knew that I would leave them behind. I would live my life as I wanted, where I wanted. I am nowhere near my hometown. In fact, I'm 2 states away.

So, when I say I have my revenge, I mean I didn't let what they said get to me.

PS: I couldn't do anything to anyone because my mom was the truant officer....

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > You're a douche ass-hat!