Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 169 Voting/WEEK 170 Nominating

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2009, 01:44 PM 1 #1 of 30
Song of the Week - WEEK 169 Voting/WEEK 170 Nominating

Song of the Week. 150 Weeks and counting.
Week 169 Voting is closed.
Week 170 Nominating is restricted.

Results:
1). [20] Toki Tori - Forest Falls
2). [15] SimAnimals Original Videogame Score - Forest Song (End Credits)
3). [13] Age of Empires III Original Soundtrack - Major Rewrite / General Chunks
4). [11/9] Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (PC Game Rip) - Yuriko's Theme
5). [11/8.5] Lost Technology ~ Thunder Force Sound Track - Steel of Destiny
6). [9] Shinobi Original Soundtrack - Hiroe Temple (Stage 7-A)
7). [7] Vib Ribbon (Red Book Audio) - Sunny Day
8). [4] Segacon -The Best of Sega Game Music- Vol.1 - SHINOBI (Super Shinobi 2)

Tracks:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Age of Empires III Original Soundtrack - Major Rewrite / General Chunks
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (PC Game Rip) - Yuriko's Theme
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Lost Technology ~ Thunder Force Sound Track - Steel of Destiny
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Segacon -The Best of Sega Game Music- Vol.1 - SHINOBI (Super Shinobi 2)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Shinobi Original Soundtrack - Hiroe Temple (Stage 7-A)
Please use the download link. SimAnimals Original Videogame Score - Forest Song (End Credits)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Toki Tori - Forest Falls
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Vib Ribbon (Red Book Audio) - Sunny Day

Notes:
Please remember to upload your nominations to the SotW server! Uploaded noms mean a faster, smoother SotW experience for everyone.

Week 170 Nominating:
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2009, 01:58 PM #2 of 30
The SimAnimals song has streaming problems. Also all the songs are in the voting folder, so no need for temporary links now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2009, 02:05 PM Local time: May 5, 2009, 08:05 PM #3 of 30
Hum, it looks like you didn't see my last nomination:

Composer: Masanori Akita & Yuichi Tsuchiya
Game Title: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
Track Title: Streets
Track number: 7
Year: 2003
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Stalky
I think not.

Member 24973

Level 10.75

Sep 2007

Old May 5, 2009, 02:57 PM Local time: May 5, 2009, 08:57 PM #4 of 30
I'd like to nominate a track from "Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA", unfortunately i don't know who composed it. I only have a mp3 which has the artist tag "Midway Home Entertainment", i tried to find out who is the composer but did not find anything. So what should i do?

How ya doing, buddy?
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2009, 04:07 PM #5 of 30
Hum, it looks like you didn't see my last nomination:

Composer: Masanori Akita & Yuichi Tsuchiya
Game Title: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
Track Title: Streets
Track number: 7
Year: 2003
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
I accidentally attributed it to the wrong nominator ;_;. Fixed now.

Most amazing jew boots
Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old May 5, 2009, 04:20 PM #6 of 30
I also nominated in the Battle thread and I'm not up on the queue. o_O

See here: http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/ge...tml#post699695

How ya doing, buddy?
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2009, 05:12 PM #7 of 30
I also nominated in the Battle thread and I'm not up on the queue. o_O

See here: http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/ge...tml#post699695
Dammit, I thought I had them all. CHz normally does the queue and he's got the rhythm down. You're in the queue now.

Also, if Stalky nominated something and I missed it, I quit

FELIPE NO
Stalky
I think not.

Member 24973

Level 10.75

Sep 2007

Old May 5, 2009, 05:46 PM Local time: May 5, 2009, 11:46 PM #8 of 30
Dammit, I thought I had them all. CHz normally does the queue and he's got the rhythm down. You're in the queue now.

Also, if Stalky nominated something and I missed it, I quit
No, i haven't nominated yet but i'm don't really know what to do with my mysterious nomination, so i'll just put all info i have here and upload the original file. I'll see what i can do about the missing composer but if anyone has an idea please let me know.

Composer: ?
Game Title: Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA
Track Title: Introduction Movie

Edit:
Downloaded a rom of the game but didn't find any credits but in another search i did i found this site: Link
According to it the composer should be Barry Leitch

How ya doing, buddy?
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2009, 06:16 PM #9 of 30
No, i haven't nominated yet but i'm don't really know what to do with my mysterious nomination, so i'll just put all info i have here and upload the original file. I'll see what i can do about the missing composer but if anyone has an idea please let me know.
That's it, I quit.

Nah, it's fine. You'll just have to wait until next week, which is enough time to track down some info on the song

Stalky
I think not.

Member 24973

Level 10.75

Sep 2007

Old May 5, 2009, 06:31 PM Local time: May 6, 2009, 12:31 AM #10 of 30
That's it, I quit.

Nah, it's fine. You'll just have to wait until next week, which is enough time to track down some info on the song
I now have the composer, i managed to access the credits in the game after all which confirm what i found on a website, the game has quite a weird system...

Anyway, the relevant info would be:
Composer: Barry Leitch
Game Title: Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA
Track Title: Introduction Movie
Year: 1998 (IGN)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2009, 12:30 PM #11 of 30
Age of Empires III Original Soundtrack - Major Rewrite / General Chunks Wasn't quite sure what to expect from this one, but I was pleasantly surprised. The rolling pianos are really neat, and the way the track builds in intensity over its first half is quite neat. The second half is a bit of a change, but still good.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (PC Game Rip) - Yuriko's Theme I've been hearing a lot of James Hannigan lately but mostly his Pottertunes--this is a much different sound, which makes sense. The vocals are quite nicely done compared to the shrillness they usually deliver. I was hoping for a bit more from the song, since it has a promising beginning, but it's still rather neat.

Lost Technology ~ Thunder Force Sound Track - Steel of Destiny Haven't I heard this somewhere before under a different name? There's nothing in the instrumentation or melody to make this stand out from hundreds of nigh-identical songs.

Segacon -The Best of Sega Game Music- Vol.1 - SHINOBI (Super Shinobi 2) I don't mind that the sound is dated, and it has a vaguely ninja-like sound in places, but the music is kind of bland and way too short.

Shinobi Original Soundtrack - Hiroe Temple (Stage 7-A) A double dose of Shinobi this week, it seems! this has a much stronger ninja-feel and some neat electronic effects, but it never really seems to go anywhere.

SimAnimals Original Videogame Score - Forest Song (End Credits) This song--and the whole album--have a really neat sound, a sort of pastoral/jazzy Gershwin mix. It provides a jaunty rendition of the game's main theme alongside an affecting flute-led interlude that's just gorgeous.

Toki Tori - Forest Falls I remember liking a Toki Tori song in the BCC, and this pleasant banjo-led tune is similarly nice. The melody is fetching and the instruments are creative enough to help it stand out.

Vib Ribbon (Red Book Audio) - Sunny Day Mmm, not feeling the vocals on this one. Ironically, I like the Japanese vocals written by a Westerner for C&C to the English lyrics written by an Easterner for this.

Good week overall!

The Point Spread
Forest Song - 3 pts.
Major Rewrite - 1 pt.
Yuriko's Theme - 1 pt.
Forest Falls - 1 pt.

Nomination
In juuust a minute...

Most amazing jew boots
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old May 6, 2009, 02:50 PM #12 of 30
I wasn't crazy about this week. It took me a while to decide upon a third song to which I'd award a point.

3 Points: SimAnimals Original Videogame Score - Forest Song (End Credits)
2 Points: Toki Tori - Forest Falls
1 Point: Segacon -The Best of Sega Game Music- Vol.1 - SHINOBI (Super Shinobi 2)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2009, 12:58 AM Local time: May 7, 2009, 03:58 PM #13 of 30
I guess I should nom it up~

Nomination #18

Composer: MANYO
Album Title: Aoishiro Original Soundtrack
Track Title: A Trailblazer Surpasses Death
Track Number: 2-01
Year: 2008
Catalog Number: HNMP-0003
Additional Information: I enjoy MANYO. 'cause I'm a man, yo-----*sound of gunshot*

Uploaded to TRAILBLAZIN' ftp, yo.

How ya doing, buddy?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2009, 07:03 AM Local time: May 7, 2009, 05:03 AM #14 of 30

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 03:12 PM #15 of 30
Not thrilled with the selections this week.

3 pts. - Major Rewrite / General Chunks
2 pts. - Forest Song (End Credits)
1 pt. - Forest Falls

Most amazing jew boots
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old May 9, 2009, 11:46 AM #16 of 30
Pretty dull week. o.o

(2 points) Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (PC Game Rip) - Yuriko's Theme
(2 points) Segacon -The Best of Sega Game Music- Vol.1 - SHINOBI (Super Shinobi 2)
(1 point) Age of Empires III Original Soundtrack - Major Rewrite / General Chunks
(1 point) Lost Technology ~ Thunder Force Sound Track - Steel of Destiny

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2009, 10:26 PM #17 of 30
I'm with everyone. Not a great week by any stretch of the imagination. Of course, there's a piano track to pick my spirits up, so it's not all bad.

(3 points) Age of Empires III Original Soundtrack - Major Rewrite / General Chunks
(2 points) SimAnimals Original Videogame Score - Forest Song (End Credits)

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2009, 05:15 AM Local time: May 10, 2009, 08:15 PM #18 of 30
The AoEIII soundtrack is a clear step below in quality from Mythology in my opinion. Like many of the soundtrack's pieces, Age of Empires III Original Soundtrack - Major Rewrite / General Chunks is, while trying to sound impressive, fairly uneventful and boring.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (PC Game Rip) - Yuriko's Theme has a good opening, but things sort of go off the rails from there. The vocals meander, and there isn't a substantial amount of orchestral backing to help keep things interesting. Very nice opening, though, and vocals are nicely delivered.

Lost Technology ~ Thunder Force Sound Track - Steel of Destiny has a very run-of-the-mill sound to me, a sound devoid of any discernible hooks or elements of creativity. Sorry nom but this one wasn't to my liking!

Segacon -The Best of Sega Game Music- Vol.1 - SHINOBI (Super Shinobi 2) is way too undeveloped for me to truly enjoy. The melodic ideas presented aren't even that alluring to be honest. Another "sorry nom" kind of comment!

I was waiting for Shinobi Original Soundtrack - Hiroe Temple (Stage 7-A) to explode into tempo or melody, but sadly it never did. Regardless, the track establishes a decent soundscape and atmosphere--albeit an atmosphere severely hampered by Asiatic monotony. (not saying sorry to the nom here because I did mention a positive )

From what I've heard about this score, I knew right from the start that I'd like, or at least enjoy SimAnimals Original Videogame Score - Forest Song (End Credits). It has the sort of jubilant orchestration I like, and sports a nice, fluffy melody. This melody isn't that memorable, though, and the piece lacks a tad of instrumental unity as a whole. But it's still pleasant.

Toki Tori - Forest Falls may not be the most stunning composition around, but it has a rather infectious melody and complements it with a wonderfully colourful array of instruments which harmonise and layer themselves perfectly. Just a great, fun tune which doesn't take itself too seriously.

Urk, those vocals. Vib Ribbon (Red Book Audio) - Sunny Day is simply intolerable for me. I can't really comment on it. I'm not even going to apologise to the nom! heh, sorry whoever you are!

"is it proper etiquette to apologise to a POINT..?"

3 points: Toki Tori - Forest Falls
2 points: SimAnimals Original Videogame Score - Forest Song (End Credits)
1 point: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (PC Game Rip) - Yuriko's Theme
4th: Shinobi Original Soundtrack - Hiroe Temple (Stage 7-A)
5th: Age of Empires III Original Soundtrack - Major Rewrite / General Chunks
6th: Lost Technology ~ Thunder Force Sound Track - Steel of Destiny
7th: Segacon -The Best of Sega Game Music- Vol.1 - SHINOBI (Super Shinobi 2)
8th: Vib Ribbon (Red Book Audio) - Sunny Day

Man, what a horrible week! (also these comments make me sound like a grumpy, pessimistic fool, huh? )

Most amazing jew boots
Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2009, 08:49 AM #19 of 30
(2 points) Age of Empires III Original Soundtrack - Major Rewrite / General Chunks
(2 points) Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (PC Game Rip) - Yuriko's Theme
(1 point) Vib Ribbon (Red Book Audio) - Sunny Day

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2009, 11:54 AM Local time: May 10, 2009, 06:54 PM #20 of 30
'Kay Week.

<<2 Points>> Shinobi Original Soundtrack - Hiroe Temple (Stage 7-A)
<<2 Points>> SimAnimals Original Videogame Score - Forest Song (End Credits)
<<1 point>> Toki Tori - Forest Falls
<<1 point>> Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (PC Game Rip) - Yuriko's Theme

Nomination

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2009, 12:38 PM #21 of 30
Thinking up a nomination took a little longer than I thought it would I've gone about a year without any nominations from this composer, so I figure it's time to break one out.

Composer: Jeremy Soule
Album: Amen: The Awakening
Track Title: Memory of the First Touch
Year: 2000
Notes: Originally released on MP3.com after the game's cancellation.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2009, 12:50 PM Local time: May 11, 2009, 01:50 AM #22 of 30
My votes for this week:

(3 points) Toki Tori (WiiWare rip) - Forest Falls
Nice, whimsical and, more importantly, coherent. Props from me, naturally.

(2 points) Age of Empires III Original Soundtrack - Major Rewrite - General Chunks
This had a lot of potential but some parts didn't come-off that well for me. Still, a good listen.

(1 point) Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 - Uprising (PC Game Rip) - Yuriko's Theme
An Adiemus-like track that showed promise but didn't quite deliver what it could have been. I feel it's mainly due to some odd transitions and how the choral and tribal vocals didn't come together that well. But I did think it still stood out from many of the songs this week.

I was actually tempted to give Lost Technology and Sim Animals points but wasn't able to in the end.

Most amazing jew boots
I think therefore I am... I think.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2009, 02:40 PM #23 of 30
3 points to Toki Tori - Forest Falls, for being an entertaining little ditty.
2 points to Shinobi - Hiroe Temple, for having an asian flair without being too annoying about it.
1 point to Steel of Destiny, for being generic shooter music, but in a good way.

FELIPE NO
ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2009, 05:14 PM Local time: May 10, 2009, 11:14 PM #24 of 30
2 points: Toki Tori - Forest Falls
1 point: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (PC Game Rip) - Yuriko's Theme
1 point: Age of Empires III Original Soundtrack - Major Rewrite / General Chunks
1 point: Lost Technology ~ Thunder Force Sound Track - Steel of Destiny
1 point: Vib Ribbon (Red Book Audio) - Sunny Day

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2009, 07:04 PM Local time: May 10, 2009, 05:04 PM #25 of 30
3 points: Shinobi Original Soundtrack - Hiroe Temple (Stage 7-A)
2 points: Lost Technology ~ Thunder Force Sound Track - Steel of Destiny
1 point: Vib Ribbon (Red Book Audio) - Sunny Day

I like the subtle electronic effects in Hiroe Temple, they're a good match with the Asian instrumentation. I don't get the complaints that it never picks up or goes anywhere, because there's a pretty obvious increase in dynamics and melodic intensity, and 1:59-2:17 is a wonderful release from the preceding oppressive tone.

The Wii Toki Tori soundtrack is decent, but I get sad when I think about how it's not the GBC soundtrack. (still good) ((as is the game))

Also I am always up for Tsukumo being Tsukumo.

Undertale (PC, 2015)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 169 Voting/WEEK 170 Nominating