Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Pang's Violence Basement
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Guitar Hero on the PC

Dekoa
Is now the Tolkein Red Shirt.

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:01 PM #1 of 6
Guitar Hero on the PC

Originally Posted by Frets on Fire
Ahh yes, I know, I'm Amazing

I know we have all been waiting for it. A PC Guitar Hero. Well I've finally found it (click the link for the website).

The best thing about this game is that You can download songs from various websites and get the songs from the games themselves. THats right, if you have a DVD player, then you can copy the songs directly from Guitar Hero and it's sequel.

Also the keyboard can be used as the Guitar. The F1-F5 Keys are the frets and the enter key is the Pluck. However you can modify it so something else (for instance, I use the Enter, 3, 2, 1, and 0 for the frets in order and Spacebar for plucking). Don't forget your Pick!

SO what are you waiting for. GO out and download.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dekoa's Friend Quote: "You can't rape the Willing!"

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:09 PM #2 of 6
This has been out for a while, and it's not the same experience. It's SIMILAR, but there are no hammer-ons and pull-offs, and the music so far available (shy of what you can rip yourself) isn't complete.

How ya doing, buddy?

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:43 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 10:43 PM #3 of 6
Yeah, part of the cool thing about GH is the little presentation aspects that hold it up. I downloaded Frets on Fire a while back because I wanted to see what kind of custom song support it had.

What it really boils down to is that if you want to use a song that isn't high on the fanbase's list, you'll have to do it yourself. Or, if it is available, you're pretty much at the mercy of whoever created the file as far as difficulty goes.

The notes are also pretty small on the screen, and the background doesn't help much when you've got a bunch of rapid notes coming your way, so you can't tell if it's 2 single notes or one longer chord.

It's a pretty cool little program, and I'm not counting it out, but it's got a ways to go to actually be on par with GH. And for those of you interested in it, you can always buy a PS2-USB converter so you can use your GH controller with the program. It makes menu navigation kinda irritating, but the songs seem to work like a charm.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 02:59 AM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 12:59 AM #4 of 6
From reading this thread, I take it that program is to Guitar Hero what Stepmania is to DDR? If that's the case, I think this could prove to be a boon for those who want to play to their own music.

How ya doing, buddy?
My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 03:40 PM #5 of 6
This looks fun. I never played a GH game before, but since this is free I think I will try it out...now if I can find some FF songs I be set

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sceptre X
\usr\bin\sceptrex

Member 16350

Level 11.01

Dec 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:06 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 11:06 PM #6 of 6
And thee tutorial is pretty funny.

"You suck!"

Good stuff.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
It turns out that today is opposite day, so all of what you have said is true, so you should probably just go.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Pang's Violence Basement > Guitar Hero on the PC