Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Do stories ever get whackier than this?

izanagi
I Love Yamaha

Member 7561

Level 20.67

May 2006

Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:54 AM Local time: Jun 26, 2009, 11:54 PM #1 of 11
Do stories ever get whackier than this?

Quote:
Couple marries, wants divorce on same day
Pair had a huge argument right after civil ceremony, wanted annulment

updated 12:59 p.m. ET June 25, 2009
BERLIN - A Polish couple living in Germany fell out after tying the knot and decided to end their marriage on the same day.

"He said he never wanted to see her again and wanted an immediate annulment, and she said the same thing," a spokesman for police in the northern city of Hanover said Thursday.

Right after the civil ceremony Wednesday, the 50-year-old man began rowing with his bride and tried to cut her hair with a kitchen knife, police said.

The 34-year-old woman called police, who issued the man with a restraining order, which he readily accepted, police said.

Two attempts at a rapprochement later that evening by telephone ended in more shouted exchanges before the man went to spend his wedding night in a local shelter for homeless people.
Wow is the world going insane. I mean Jerry Springer has been on since the 90s but wow. The world today: going mad?

Or is it some kind of media thing..

What do you think?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:25 AM Local time: Jun 26, 2009, 10:25 AM 4 #2 of 11
I don't see how this story is very whacky at all. Out of the millions upon millions of people that get married and considering how potentially stressful the day can be on a couple, I'm sure it has happened plenty of times before.

By the way, can you translate your signature for me? I don't speak Hungarian (guessing it's Hungarian...) I'm guessing the english beneath it is not the translation considering the few words I recognize aren't in the english text, and it's a question :P

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:41 AM Local time: Jun 26, 2009, 10:41 AM #3 of 11
That's French, and you could probably run that through a translator to get a general idea of what it means.

Liszt spent a lot of time in Paris during his career, since it was the cool place to be for artists and musicians at the time.

Anyway, onto the marriage thing. Frankly, this is probably not so unusual, and in their case, the way they acted after their civil marriage clearly shows they weren't remotely ready to make that commitment.

Most amazing jew boots

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2009, 10:08 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2009, 04:08 AM #4 of 11
That's a common mistake DeLorean. Hungarian is practically a dialect of French.

Most amazing jew boots
izanagi
I Love Yamaha

Member 7561

Level 20.67

May 2006

Old Jun 28, 2009, 02:10 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2009, 03:10 PM #5 of 11
lol.

No its not a translation. It means something like *i think* (i'm not a native french) a person's piano playing i presume, kind of reflects his artistry. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Well back to topic.. Yes I think things do get whackier than this. Just the other day .. :
Quote:
Senator Suing God Urges Judge to Proceed
Court Could Throw Suit Out Because of Failure to Serve Notice on God

By JOSH FUNK Associated Press Writer
August 5, 2008—

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) --State Sen. Ernie Chambers says his lawsuit against God might seem funny but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a serious point.

Chambers asked Douglas County District Judge Marlon Polk on Tuesday to let his lawsuit proceed. Chambers said he wants to make the point that everyone should have access to the courts regardless of whether they are poor or have the means of billionaire Warren Buffett of Omaha.

"What brought me to the point of filing this lawsuit was the ill-advised attempts by certain legislators to prevent the filing of certain lawsuits," Chambers said.

Polk said he would consider the issue and rule later.

Chambers acknowledges using wit and humor in the lawsuit he filed last September seeking a permanent injunction against God. Chambers said God has made terroristic threats against the senator and his constituents in Omaha, inspired fear and caused "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

The court told Chambers last week that his lawsuit may be dismissed because he had failed to serve notice on God. Chambers acknowledged that failure in court Tuesday while sitting a few feet away from an empty table reserved for God and God's attorney.

"Despite my most sincere, zealous efforts, I could not find a location to serve the defendant," Chambers said.

But Chambers asked Polk to take official notice of God, and the Almighty's omniscience and omnipresence.

Chambers argued that courts and the U.S. government already routinely take notice of God. Courts swear in witnesses with an oath that includes the phrase "so help me God." Plus, the pledge of allegiance describes "one nation, under God," and U.S. currency proclaims "In God We Trust."

And the senator said that if the court recognizes God, the deity wouldn't need formal notice of the lawsuit because he knows everything. And God would be at every hearing because he's everywhere always.

A senator for 38 years, Chambers skips morning prayers during the legislative session and often criticizes Christians. He is being pushed out of the Legislature by term limits.

Chambers said he appreciates the difficult position Judge Polk is in because of the unique nature of the case, but he hopes the lawsuit will be allowed to proceed.

"Your honor, I do not envy your position," Chambers said.

Copyright © 2009 ABC News Internet Ventures

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2009, 02:54 AM 1 #6 of 11
That isn't very original either. The senator could at least get some new ideas for his fight against religion instead of ripping off Australian movies.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Franky Mikey
Bonkler

Member 6

Level 39.27

Feb 2006

Old Jun 28, 2009, 03:58 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2009, 09:58 AM #7 of 11
lol.

No its not a translation. It means something like *i think* (i'm not a native french) a person's piano playing i presume, kind of reflects his artistry. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Okay!

As I understand it, an approximative translation would be: "The piano (as an instrument) gathers together and sums up Art as a whole". Maybe there's some sort of context to this quote that would induce a slightly different meaning, though.

FELIPE NO

[ recordings |videos| blog ]
[ 18:14:09 ] [ +Garr ] Setting up form unreal troanmetn
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 29, 2009, 09:35 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2009, 07:35 AM #8 of 11
Quote:
Just the other day .. :

Quote:
Senator Suing God Urges Judge to Proceed
Court Could Throw Suit Out Because of Failure to Serve Notice on God

By JOSH FUNK Associated Press Writer
August 5, 2008
Not quite "just the other day."

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
enohpxesther
Wark!

Member 21615

Level 1.73

Mar 2007

Old Jun 30, 2009, 04:34 PM #9 of 11
I've seen whackier stories, mostly involving deaths--the Darwin Awards for example, though many may question the authenticity of these stories. But I had some good laughs from them.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Jul 1, 2009, 08:36 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2009, 08:36 PM #10 of 11
There's a lot more stories as wacky as or wackier than this. For example...

An old story, I know.

Most amazing jew boots
bzuka
Wark!

Member 34246

Level 1.34

Aug 2009

Old Aug 13, 2009, 08:41 AM 1 1 #11 of 11
well i'm gong to marry and should i after that ask to think him for more about this?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
love red wine )

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Do stories ever get whackier than this?