Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Connecting Ipod freezes Itunes and My Computer

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:38 AM #1 of 5
Connecting Ipod freezes Itunes and My Computer

I know it's not a problem with the Ipod itself since I can connect it just fine to my laptop, with the same cable, and I can update it no problem, with the computer recognizing it as a drive.

On my PC however, when I try to connect my Ipod, it freezes up ITunes if it's open. If it's not open then I can't open ITunes. When I go to My Computer, it doesn't show up as a removable drive, and if it does, I can't open it. The Ipod also displays "Do Not Disconnect" but I have to or else my computer doesn't shut down, and/or ITunes/My Computer doesn't unfreeze until I unsafely remove it while the msg is on.

The arrows in the upper left (20 GB click wheel) sometimes appear sporadically but not often. I'm thinking this is a process problem or something. I didn't install anything new, this just randomly happened one day recently and now this computer and my ipod are totally incompatible.

This is really annoying as I can't transfer files to this computer anymore and this computer has about 500 of my newest songs which I can't transfer to my ipod since I can't connect my ipod to this computer.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:43 AM Local time: Jan 24, 2007, 12:43 AM #2 of 5
I'd say uninstall iTunes and reinstall it. I always get a pause, but it's a HUGE lag in actuality. Dunno what causes it since I have a fantastic rig... But I'm sure you've ruled this out as being a lag-spurt.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:56 AM #3 of 5
I forgot to mention that I did try uninstalling ITunes and reinstalling it to no avail, as well as uninstalling the ipod software that came with the cd and reinstalling it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 09:42 AM Local time: Jan 24, 2007, 09:42 AM #4 of 5
Is this a sudden glitch or has it always persisted? Are you using something like XP 64?

Have ya checked the support forums for iTunes?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 05:35 PM #5 of 5
After uninstalling it, try running CCleaner to clear the registry out of all of the iTunes-related stuff. It might be a conflict in the program that isn't getting cleared out after you uninstall it.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Connecting Ipod freezes Itunes and My Computer