Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Conceited Nahual and his different works

Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 06:01 PM #1 of 19
Conceited Nahual and his different works

Okay. So, this is where anyone who visits will see some different works. Um..This will have some of my songs, and any artwork I come up with.

To start, a song and a photoshop thingy I did.
It's my first photoshop picture I've done and it will be the cover for my in home cd I make. Heh heh heh. I usually just give my cds to friends(if they want it.)

So, I hope that anyone who visits can give me some opinions. And, for any music I post up here...what kind of music would you call it? What genre?

Thank you. Later!.

And just so everyone knows, I'm not conceited. I'm my biggest critic.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

Last edited by Nahual; Aug 6, 2006 at 07:07 PM.
whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:14 PM #2 of 19
If you wanna call yourself an artist then you'd better be conceited. Are you kidding me? Who else but a conceited asshole has the balls to think he's good enough to create something?

Welcome to the club, dude.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 09:57 PM #3 of 19
Woot woot. Someone posted in my thread.

Okay. So, I spent a little time on this next pic. It started out as me as an anime character, but I don't think I succeeded at all. Not even the anime part. It is definitely crap, and you can see the eraser marks and stuff.

However, I promise that not everything I post here will be thought up in 10 minutes and actually finished in five.

later!.

Thanks for the welcome, Whinehurst.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

spiderweb
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10514

Level 3.62

Aug 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:46 PM #4 of 19
Hey...I looked at the pictures, but for some reason [I guess because my computer sucks] the song was taking forever to download.

The photoshop picture was very cool, the anime picture was alright, pretty average.

And I'm with whinehurst...all artists are conceited! And that's a good thing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:18 PM #5 of 19
Hey Spiderweb! Thanks for the comment! So, were you able to listen to the song? Maybe you could right click and save so you can hear it. Maybe that's quicker? I promise it's not that bad.
Later!.

How ya doing, buddy?

Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:02 AM #6 of 19
Okay, so here is a new thing I made. It started as a few white lines on a black background. Then after I made the design, from messing with the lines, I copied and pasted it into a new larger place. So the first picture you'll see is my design.(if you look)

Then, I decided to draw an eye(it's alright) and then a rose(not good) and had tears fall down. Next picture is hand drawn picture.

I then decided to scan that into photoshop and put the two together. After putting them together, I just messed around.

Then only thing I don't like is that I didn't know how to put colors on. I wanted the tears to be red...
but, oh well.

I like how it turned out, though. I actually worked a long time on this. Hope it's not that bad.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 10:05 PM #7 of 19
Originally Posted by Nahual
Then only thing I don't like is that I didn't know how to put colors on. I wanted the tears to be red...
but, oh well.
Well, do you have some concept of how layers function in photoshop? To put color in, you might want to use the "eyes" (line arts) in one layer, usually on top and set its property to multiply, create a layer under it, and use that layer to try out whatever method that you want to color.

FELIPE NO
Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:32 PM #8 of 19
Originally Posted by Magi
Well, do you have some concept of how layers function in photoshop? To put color in, you might want to use the "eyes" (line arts) in one layer, usually on top and set its property to multiply, create a layer under it, and use that layer to try out whatever method that you want to color.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about photoshop. I basically just thought one day that I would download a free trial version of the photoshop program my friend uses(she's really good at this stuff) and just started trying to create different things. It's really cool. Even the little stuff that I've been able to see. I'm like, "COOOOL."

I'll keep working on it(until my free trial ends in 20 days) and hopefully will make something I REALLY like. love.

I've seen your stuff, Magi. It's really good...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

lightwarmth
Wark!

Member 733

Level 2.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 02:02 PM #9 of 19
Here's a little hint. For the most part, don't use filters. Less is more.

I know that being an amateur photoshoppist you think "COOOL! PLASTIC WRAP! CHROME! EVERYTHING ELSE!" but the truth is, unless you're real careful it looks like what you've got there... pretty amateur and not really that cool.

Rather take time to learn to use layers, paintbrushes, blending, blurring, (limited dodging and burning), layer styles... stay away from too many filters. Especially that type of ONLY filter art you're doing.... just not a fan.

Sorry to be harsh bud.

Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 02:32 PM #10 of 19
Originally Posted by lightwarmth
Here's a little hint. For the most part, don't use filters. Less is more.

I know that being an amateur photoshoppist you think "COOOL! PLASTIC WRAP! CHROME! EVERYTHING ELSE!" but the truth is, unless you're real careful it looks like what you've got there... pretty amateur and not really that cool.

Rather take time to learn to use layers, paintbrushes, blending, blurring, (limited dodging and burning), layer styles... stay away from too many filters. Especially that type of ONLY filter art you're doing.... just not a fan.

Sorry to be harsh bud.

Well, the thing is...I am an amateur. I don't call myself an artist(as in drawing or photoshop, or anything like that.)

I'm a musician. (maybe you might like my song! )
But I do like the little work that I have made.
But you're right too.
It's not cool.
Especially after doing the same thing over and over again. :doh:
I'm just messing around and trying out different things. I don't want to be stuck with one form.

Thanks for looking at my thread and saying something.
That's what I like the most. People actually saying things. Not just looking and saying, "oh. That's not good." or "hey, it's not that bad"
later!.

How ya doing, buddy?

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 04:12 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 02:12 PM #11 of 19
To be honest, I actually kinda like that song. You do it all by yourself?

One thing I will have to bring up, if it's all you, is that you have to sing with confidence. I noticed listening to the song that your voice cracks and sounds very strained, as if you're scared to let it out. Don't be! Sing it, boy!

Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 05:22 PM #12 of 19
To be honest, I actually kinda like that song. You do it all by yourself?

One thing I will have to bring up, if it's all you, is that you have to sing with confidence. I noticed listening to the song that your voice cracks and sounds very strained, as if you're scared to let it out. Don't be! Sing it, boy!
First, I'd like to say. "Thank you so much for listening to the song and saying something about it."

Second, You're my hero for the day and favorite person.

Yup. It's only me. It's such a lot of work. I'm actually not done with that song. I think I'm going to do the vocals later(but I'm so shy singing my own material when my family is in the house) and there is almost someone home. So I sing quieter.

I use a keyboard(for bass notes) electric guitar, piano(my favorite!) and drum machine. I'm not comfortable with my drumming yet.

Thanks for listening again, and I'm glad you liked it. that comment made my day.
Later!.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 07:02 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 05:02 PM #13 of 19
Can't be shy about it. Just let them know what you're doing and sing it. Fuck what they think, heh.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 07:53 PM #14 of 19
I'm just a shy person, I guess. At least when I'm around family. But once I get out...a whole different person. I don't know. Maybe it might be the lyrics also. I mean, they're not really what I would like my family to hear. You know? Lyrics like, "I've done some bad things, especially in my parents eyes.."

I want to say something else, I just don't know how. But you understand what I mean, right? Maybe to much for them to handle sometimes? I can get kind of mean in my songs.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 02:46 AM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 12:46 AM #15 of 19
I understand completely, in fact. That's why I never let my father read my writing.

FELIPE NO
Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 02:54 PM #16 of 19
Yeah. So I just about let everyone else hear my stuff except for them.

How ya doing, buddy?

Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 12:01 AM #17 of 19
Okay, So I thought that I would let you guys listen to some of my older music.

The first in the list is a song I made entirely with the keyboard, except for the guitar(acoustic). And that's why the drum sounds pretty bad.

The next song is one that I'm really proud of because I'm playing the acoustic guitar and drums. and it doesn't sound so bad! It's also one I made during my "Elliot" days. Elliot Smith that is. My friend says the way it was recorded sounds like an Elliot Smith song.

Then there is the last song. It's when I officially learned how to use the drum machine. It's also the only song of mine that I curse in. It's strange music, but I think everything fits well. So. There you go. Later!.

Last edited by Nahual; Aug 13, 2006 at 12:03 AM.
Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:21 AM #18 of 19
Okay. These are here to amuse.

The first looked alright until my niece found it and added her own touch. A scribble on the chin.(or did I do it on accident? I don't remember.)

The second picture is one I drew out of boredom on a flight to Germany.
The same goes for the third pic.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 09:52 PM #19 of 19
Here are some new songs of mine.
I haven't even let my best friends hear them yet.
I would really like to know what you guys think of them.

They're very different from each other, so don't expect the same kind of music.

So, I present to you...

Can't stay mad, and Why do I bother?

I think I might actually do these over. It's so hard for me to know when to stop. I might add more vocals, or change the drum part(I use a drum machine) or something.

Later!.

Last edited by Nahual; Oct 19, 2006 at 01:33 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Conceited Nahual and his different works