Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Monitor Issues (Computer to HDTV)

Andrew Evenstar
Save the Queen

Member 419

Level 23.33

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2008, 02:50 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2008, 11:50 AM #1 of 4
Monitor Issues (Computer to HDTV)

Okay, I recently switched to an LCD Samsung monitor.

Previously to this change I had a Viewsonic CRT. When I used to play roms and other video games, I would hook up my computer to my Samsung HDTV and I have NO problems ever.

Now that I use the LCD, hooked up through my DVI port on my computer, when I try to play my video games on my TV, it won't let me. My TV just says something like "mode not supported."

I've tried restarting my computer, even lowering the resolution and refresh rates thinking that was the problem. I do think it has something to do with switching from the DVI back to the normal monitor port. I've tried to do everything I could, but I still have no idea what it might be.

This really sucks, I loved playing all my snes, nes, psx games on my tv through emulators.

Can anyone help me? Maybe I have to uninstall drivers windows automatically installed? I still have not installed any drivers for my new monitor that came with it. I just plugged it in and went from there. Please help!!! Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Biohazard Mercenaries

[Final Fantasy]
IV > VI > VIII > VII > IX > V > XII > X
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2008, 08:55 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2008, 05:55 PM #2 of 4
Sounds like you have an LCD TV, not an LCD monitor. Most LCD TVS will ONLY support resolutions of 852x480, 1,280x720 or 1,920x1,080 over DVI or HDMI. If you try to feed it any other resolution like say 1024x768, it will not work.

Most amazing jew boots
Andrew Evenstar
Save the Queen

Member 419

Level 23.33

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2008, 06:19 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2008, 03:19 PM #3 of 4
I have a DLP Projection tv and an LCD computer monitor. I recently switched from the Viewsonic CRT monitor to the LCD one.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Biohazard Mercenaries

[Final Fantasy]
Andrew Evenstar
Save the Queen

Member 419

Level 23.33

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:26 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2008, 09:26 PM #4 of 4
Bump, I really need help on this!!

Additional Spam:
Edit: Nevermind, found it out!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Biohazard Mercenaries

[Final Fantasy]

Last edited by Andrew Evenstar; Jun 22, 2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Monitor Issues (Computer to HDTV)