Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Art Block - Motivation and Inspiration Boosters

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 05:17 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 03:17 PM #1 of 20
Originally Posted by RyuFAN
my faces seem to be lacking expression, and I want to broaden my costume knowledge as well. I'm also looking for something more dynamic.
Hmm, remember, you don't have to try to draw "beautiful people". The face and body deform the way it is, and it gives life to the character that you are drawing. Although I think it is important to study some of the morphtology and find reference before hand, because with good reference and research, it makes the whole process easier.

Quote:
I find that I've been writing down ideas as drawing them usually fails because I can be over ambitious.
Personally, I think the only sure fire way to overcome artistic block is to develope a somewhat logical thought process that you follow whenever you are trying to come up with your creations. Sometimes you'll kinda have to force yourself to do it, but I think it is good practice.

Quote:
I was thinking about drawing landscapes, but they aren't my strong point.
All the more reason to try.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:42 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 08:42 PM #2 of 20
Look, like Lightwarmth say, Creative process isn't some sort of mythic process that requires a stroke of inspiration so spontaneous, it just simply come to you out of blue. Making art, be it visual, musical, or written, they are not a shot in the dark. If you understand the possbilty of the type of stuff in which you learn to do, sometimes idea just come naturally because you want to try out something new.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Art Block - Motivation and Inspiration Boosters