Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[News] Parasite Eve 3 Announced

Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 09:50 PM 1 #1 of 63
Parasite Eve 3 Announced

..but it doesn't matter since you'll never get to play it as it's a mobile phone game.

Just announced at the Square Enix Party that's going on right now with the news confirmed at NeoGAF's Japanese resident duckroll, so there are no details other than the title name, "The 3rd Birthday" and format. I've been wanting a PE3 for a hell of a long time now and was surprised Square missed the PS2 boat for the franchise and I was hoping for a PS3 outing so naturally this news leaves me bitter.

So, thoughts?

EDIT: Just realised I put this in the RPG forum but then the Parasite Eve titles were RPG/Action romps to begin with but mods, feel free to move to General if necessary.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Simo; May 11, 2007 at 10:01 PM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 10:01 PM #2 of 63
OMFG now I hate SE >.< Parasite Eve is one of my favorite Square-enix series. I liked it so much and was so waiting for a third one and now it's a fucking mobile phone game? really this is just wrong ...

a ps3 PE3 would have been so much better ; ; well I hope after that maybe they'll think to continue the series on a console...

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Inhert; May 11, 2007 at 10:08 PM.
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 10:07 PM #3 of 63
What is with the sudden explosion of exclusive series content on cell phones? I mean, you can't even import them! It's like a slap in the face to the rest of the world.

Someone needs to program a Japanese cell phone emulator so we raving fanboys can get our fix.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 10:24 PM Local time: May 11, 2007, 07:24 PM #4 of 63
God, what the fuck is with Japan and cell fucking phone games? When I saw this thread I almost splooged my pants, only to find out it's on a system that's not even a system.

God. Somebody castrate Square-Enix already.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 10:59 PM #5 of 63
What's even sadder is that the original game was mostly done by the American side of Square.

I thought "The 3rd Birthday" was some project that hasn't been revealed yet? Did they confirm that it has to do with the new PE?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 11:04 PM Local time: May 12, 2007, 06:04 AM #6 of 63
DAMN. For years I have waited for more Parasite Eve, and NOW they have to annouce it for the stupid Jap mobile phone?! The only sequel that I'm really interested it, and I won't even be able to play it! If only this was part of some new huge project like the Ivalice Alliance or the whole FFVII thing, and they would release a bunch of sequels, but I'm afraid that they'll screw us on this one.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 11:06 PM #7 of 63
I'll try to spin this and say that they're probably testing the reception of bringing back PE with this cellphone game, and then make PE4 for one of the consoles if it does well.

Best I could think of.

FELIPE NO
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 11:22 PM Local time: May 11, 2007, 08:22 PM #8 of 63
I hope that's the case. If not, I guess I can always go back to playing PE1.

Delicious Eve, you must melt for her.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 12:10 AM Local time: May 11, 2007, 10:10 PM #9 of 63
God dammit, when I saw the title I was so excited. Only to be punched in the gut and shit on when I read it's for a fucking cell phone.

Fuck you square. FUCK YOU!

They should of given the series more love years ago. Stop depending so much on Final Fantasy. >=|

Most amazing jew boots
Stuff goes here~
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 12:20 AM #10 of 63
Nooo~
Although I really only liked PE1. PE2 was more survival horror-ish rather than an rpg. I was expecting PE3 to be a healthy compromise but this is actually a lot worse. I like to think there is hope still with the possibilty of an actual Parasite Eve 3 coming out for PS3, and this "3rd birthday" business only being a cell phone diversion.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 12:30 AM Local time: May 11, 2007, 10:30 PM #11 of 63

FUCK YOU SQUARE ENIX.

---
I mean seriously, make it a PSP or DS game at the very least!

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 12:35 AM Local time: May 11, 2007, 10:35 PM #12 of 63
Bet you wish SE had been developing for the N-Gage now.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 01:11 AM #13 of 63
God, what the fuck is with Japan and cell fucking phone games? When I saw this thread I almost splooged my pants, only to find out it's on a system that's not even a system.

God. Somebody castrate Square-Enix already.

Dear god, what the hell is up with Square-Enix? We heard they were gonna show Nintendo some more love, along with several other new things. What we get instead is a new expansion for FFXI, about 10 seconds worth of new footage in the old FFXIII trailer (behind closed doors only), and PE3 on cells.

Hell, I'm at a loss. I think the only thing out of SE that could get folks more riled up than this is if they announced a FFVI/VII remake... for cellular phones in Japan.

Edit: Ah, forgot about Dissidia. Apparently that was shown away from everything else, ala XIII.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; May 12, 2007 at 01:24 AM.
Prime Blue
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1319

Level 20.41

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 01:43 AM Local time: May 12, 2007, 07:43 AM #14 of 63
I don't understand why everyone's complaining. We get Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon for Wii. Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon! Not to forget the Final Fantasy IV re-re-re-re-release (the funny thing about that is that it's no joke).

Anyone notice how Square Enix shifted nearly half of their games to the cell phone sector? I wouldn't be surprised if they announce the inevitable Final Fantasy VII remake for mobile.
Oh, and they'll announce Final Fantasy Overkill tomorrow. I wish they had never released Final Fantasy X-2.

Last edited by Prime Blue; May 12, 2007 at 01:54 AM.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 01:59 AM Local time: May 11, 2007, 11:59 PM #15 of 63
I don't understand why everyone's complaining.
Because Parasite Eve and Parasite Eve II were both released onto the Playstation, a GAME CONSOLE. MANY, MANY games have sequels on the PS2 or PS3, including Final Fantasy & other Square Enix games. Yes SE has released cell phone games before, but those were either side-stores or prequels (FFXIII Agito, FFVII Snowboarding, DoC Lost Episodes, Before Crisis) or extra little goodies which were not a part of the 'main' series of games, so for a game series to have its third proper game be released on a fucking CELLPHONE, is both insulting and an idiotic business decision.

Cellphones are used for making calls and/or playing music. The most I ever expect out of a game on a cellphone is snake or maybe tetris, not PARASITE FUCKING EVE 3.

tl;dr: Its fucking STUPID.

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 02:13 AM #16 of 63
Haha, I was slightly interested until I saw this is being made for cell phones. It's like Square wants consumers to hate them at this point.

I'm not horribly crushed though, since I thought PE2 sucked pretty badly. I gave it a rental and never really made it that far. The only offline friend I knew who played it said it got better, but he bought it solely for the shower scene, so he obviously wasn't the most credible opinion.

Andrew Evenstar
Save the Queen

Member 419

Level 23.33

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 03:01 AM Local time: May 12, 2007, 12:01 AM #17 of 63
change the topic title. this is straight up rainbow gay.

I am one of the BIGGEST PARASITE EVE FANS. This makes me so sad i wanna cry lol.

atleast we have more hope for a REAL SEQUEL possibly.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Biohazard Mercenaries

[Final Fantasy]
IV > VI > VIII > VII > IX > V > XII > X

Last edited by Andrew Evenstar; May 12, 2007 at 03:03 AM. Reason: yoyoyo
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 05:50 AM #18 of 63
We should all get together and kick Simo's ass for posting this cause it's not 'news' and it's heartbreaking.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 06:15 AM #19 of 63
We should all get together and kick Simo's ass for posting this cause it's not 'news' and it's heartbreaking.
Now you know how I felt when I first heard the news.

Originally Posted by Soldier
I thought "The 3rd Birthday" was some project that hasn't been revealed yet? Did they confirm that it has to do with the new PE?
"The 3rd Birthday" was revealed to be PE3 behind the closed mega theatre. The trailer consisted of no footage but the PE main theme and a voiceover by Aya before the title "The 3rd Birthday. For Cellphones".

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 09:13 AM Local time: May 12, 2007, 07:13 AM #20 of 63
Ok, found this on the internets. So confirmed for Cellphones then.
;_________________;

As you can see, they mentioned "The 3rd Birthday". The NTT DoCoMo FOMA
is the same kind of phone as seen in Advent Children, if anyone care to know that nugget of info.
Damm you square enix. why do you pull this crap?

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 11:26 AM #21 of 63
The more I think about this, the angrier I get.

One of my Nipponophile friends informed me that Japanese cell phones are much different than those in the USA and that cell phone games have a wider appeal over there. But I still don't see why a flagship title, which would probably sell more copies overseas than in the home islands, was selected for the treatment.

Worst of all, a kind of psychological barrier has been broken. I can see the press releases now:

"Final Fantasy XIV. June 2010. Only for NTT DoCoMo FOMA."
"In April 2009, Square-Enix unleahes Kingdom Hearts III for the NTT DoCoMo FOMA. Pre-order your copy today.
"Halloween 2009 is Dragon Quest X day for NTT DoCoMo FOMA owners. The rest of the world can go fuck itself."

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 11:48 AM #22 of 63
Worst of all, a kind of psychological barrier has been broken. I can see the press releases now:

"Final Fantasy XIV. June 2010. Only for NTT DoCoMo FOMA."
"In April 2009, Square-Enix unleahes Kingdom Hearts III for the NTT DoCoMo FOMA. Pre-order your copy today.
"Halloween 2009 is Dragon Quest X day for NTT DoCoMo FOMA owners. The rest of the world can go fuck itself."
Considering they also announced Friends of Mana for cell phones, that's not as crazy as it sounds. I mean, it doesn't look like it'll be a good Mana game (do those exist at this point?) but it does look like more fun than Children of Mana was. On the plus side, "DoCoMo FOMA" is fun to say out loud. Not much considering the overwhelming shittiness of these announcements, but hey, it's something!

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 01:53 PM Local time: May 12, 2007, 10:53 AM #23 of 63
Lame, stupid, moronic, and just plain assholes. My description for the Square side of SE at the moment. Its a bad business move, it alienates the entire world except Japan, pissing off many fans who hope for an actual console made sequel.

Aya doesn't look sexy in cell phone graphics that's for sure. I'm a girl and even I find her hot, and since Aya is obviously a icon in the series, and a sex symbol, you'd think they're smart enough to know that only current and next gen CONSOLES can exploit that, and they can't even do that. While I don't condone the whole female sex symbol deals like Lara or the DOA girls, you would think Square stupidity isnt low enough to not try to exploit that. Everything they are doing is opposite to what a business who wants moolah would do. I mean, Aya can't grow old thanks to the mitchondria! Like Kos Mos, it makes her the perfect poster child and sex symbol cause unlike Snake who grew old rapidly, she can NEVER grow old physically! Best way to show that? HOT Next gen graphics! They are IDIOTS to not use that.

And I know that its a lame move to put it on a dingy system that's suppose to be used to communicate, not play franchise sequel games.

God this is all just dumb... The only good thing that came out of it is that hot image of Aya. Makes me miss my Aya poster back in Hong Kong.

FELIPE NO

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; May 12, 2007 at 02:41 PM.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 05:08 PM #24 of 63
On a serious note, I feel very insulted. I ran a PE fansite for 2 years along site everyone elses, including the biggest now gone one ayabrea.net. We've all been waiting for a 3rd installement for a long time. So when SE finally decides to make one, it's going to be on a freaking cell phone, short as hell, craptastic graphics and a plot WE ALL know is going to be thrown together and have nothing to do with mitochondria and ANMC's. This is a good example of developers being lazy little pricks. A got damn CELL PHONE ISN'T A GAME CONSOLE, IT'S A FREAKING TOOL FOR C O M M U N I C A T I O N.

*sics the Ultimate Being in it's invincible form on every staffer in SE*

ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 05:20 PM #25 of 63
I liked the first game (not played far into the 2nd on)

Why can't they just make it for the psp if they wanted to make it portable? that way it would look nicer and can be taken outside japan if they wanted to do so. Also might give a few ppl a reason to buy a psp.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [News] Parasite Eve 3 Announced