Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I'm not ashamed!

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:02 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 04:02 PM #1 of 62
I'm not ashamed!

Someone made a thread like this some time ago. Maybe that fuck Musharraf. The point is, what are some things you enjoy, mainly mainstream I expect, that are generally frowned down upon by the types of people that come to Gamingforce/this type of place?

I´ll start this fucker off. I listen to Linkin Park and I fucking ENJOY it. So what?

*Takes hat off*

I also like Harry Potter books, nearing a point of obsession. SO WHAT I ASK YOU!? I WANT TO KNOW WHO R.A.B. IS, I WANT RON TO SMASH ON HERMIONE. I want Snape to PAY even if deep down he´s a good guy. SO WHAT?

When I first went to prison I checked some recent donations in the library and found some Harry Potter books and decided to read them because of boredom and they seemed lighthearted enough to ease my grief. Now look at me. I know that isn´t a decent excuse for many of you, and though I´m slightly wasted I ask you, SO WHAT?

Anyhow, what do you do or like that most people here would ridicule you for?

Double Post:
Yeah, eighteen views and no one posts. You people need to put this shit on the table. Stop fucking around.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Such a Lust for Revenge!; Aug 16, 2006 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Weapon
FK in the coffee

Member 4644

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:17 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 08:17 AM #2 of 62
Does having a MySpace page count?

Most amazing jew boots
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:22 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 04:22 PM #3 of 62
These two... Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson.

Yeah I know, but what can you do when you like their music? As they say, why lie?

Ummm, I'm gonna put this in 'cause around these boards it is kind of taboo because of sooooo many who seem against this: I actually think that properly lived and fully believed Christianity is great for the individual and society.

Oh, and I like to chew my fingernails... Bizzaap!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:23 PM #4 of 62
Yeah I do enjoy MySpace as well, simply because it gave me a sad excuse to list lots of stuff I've wanted to store somewhere, even if no one reads it. Gamefaqs also falls in the same "generally loathed internet site" category, because when you find a good faq, it's damn useful.

I didn't think I'd get ridiculed for liking the Harry Potter series but I do like it as well. Amply full of magical concepts and being able to hook readers woldwide only helps.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rakka
Forgiveness

Member 10978

Level 9.10

Aug 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:40 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 05:40 PM #5 of 62
I actually kind of like Green Day...even American Idiot, even if they are about as mainstream as a band can get, and even if they are supposed to be sellouts, whatever that means.

Wearing an American Idiot T-shirt into a music store and buying a Bjork CD can get some interesting looks from the employees, by the way.

Actually, now that I think of it, liking Bjork is probably more likely to earn me ridicule than listening to Green Day, isn't it?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Rakka; Aug 16, 2006 at 05:59 PM.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:41 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 05:41 PM #6 of 62
I listen to Country music. Shit, I live in Texas. Practically comes with the territory. Folks on the internet will look at me odd just for enjoying the genre.

Locally, folks seem to have an odd taste for "Texas Country" singers, or so they call themselves. Cross Canadian Ragweed, Jack Ingram, Pat Green... They all suck. No steel guitar which is the damn SIGNATURE INSTRUMENT of Texas Country. And they sing about acid and weed, which really is NOT in the true spirit of country music. They suck at instruments and all since with overly raspy voices in an effort to sound "cool" as opposed to vocally gifted.

Look no further than "King" George Strait for true Texas country music.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

janus zeal
=^~^=

Member 3660

Level 18.19

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:46 PM #7 of 62
I like green day, linkin park, and anime music. you have no idea how much a person gets mocked for those things. (well, some of you do im sure)

FELIPE NO
Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:50 PM #8 of 62
Originally Posted by OctoberOmicron

I also like Harry Potter books, nearing a point of obsession. SO WHAT I ASK YOU!? I WANT TO KNOW WHO R.A.B. IS, I WANT RON TO SMASH ON HERMIONE. I want Snape to PAY even if deep down he´s a good guy. SO WHAT?
Dude. What are you talking about? Harry Potter is cool.

Um..something mainstream,...
well. I have a myspace, but I don't particularly care for it. How about this? Shakira. I think she's awesome!. I like Linkin Park too.

And unlike many people I know, I don't think the Beatles are all that cool(don't get too mad people!).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

Mortuary
Syklis Green

Member 10985

Level 8.35

Aug 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:08 PM #9 of 62
People make fun of me because I listen to Grindcore and Goregrind. They say that the music and lyrics are pure crap.

Whatever.

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:16 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 05:16 PM #10 of 62
Originally Posted by Mortuary
They say that the music and lyrics are pure crap.
I had always thought this was the point of grindcore, and I enjoy a fair bit of it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:24 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 03:24 PM #11 of 62
Myspace is the main thing I would probably get made fun of for having. I like the Harry Potter books, too (I've gone to the midnight releases for the last two books..). I also like some chick flicks. Not all, mind you, but I'm a fan of movies like Coyote Ugly and Where The Heart Is. I'm a girl, though, so I'm allowed to like girl movies.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 08:12 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 05:12 PM #12 of 62
Probably the Harry Potter books, too. I love the damned things, even if I get ridiculed for reading them. I've had to have gone through the series six or seven times, and I still find new things each time I make a new pass. It may not be the best writing of all-time, but J.K. Rowling knows how to make an entertaining read for a wide range of ages.

acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 08:42 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 07:42 PM #13 of 62
I like Disney more than any straight man should. I absolutely adore it (well, pretty much anything before the Lion King. After that it gets sketchy). Disneyworld is my most favourite place on the planet, and I'd go every year if I could afford it.

I love everything there is to love about the 80s. Music, movies, games, everything. Hair metal and synth pop kick ass. 90s pop too.

eveerrryboodddy. yeah ah. rock your booddddyy.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 08:43 PM #14 of 62
Originally Posted by Nahual
And unlike many people I know, I don't think the Beatles are all that cool(don't get too mad people!).
*parks a Yellow Submarine on your head*

I couldn't resist....

I also like Linkin Park, and people at work tend to make fun of me. WAH. I like my anime and video game music, too--probably because it's orchestral for the most part.

But, the kicker is: I LIKE bagpipe music! That's what I said. I like bagpipe music.

I also don't participate in fart jokes. They're NOT funny.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:33 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 07:33 PM #15 of 62
Originally Posted by acid
I like Disney more than any straight man should. I absolutely adore it (well, pretty much anything before the Lion King. After that it gets sketchy). Disneyworld is my most favourite place on the planet, and I'd go every year if I could afford it.
QFT. Though Disney World is a fun place to be, it's so fucking crowded. But it's still awesome.

I like a lot of mainstream music (all forms of rock, rap/hip-hop, reggae, r&b, pop, christian, electronic, crunk, and some country too!) and probably listen to just as much as i do of soundtracks, video game music, orchestral stuffs, and j-pop.

There's also quite a few "reality tv" shows I end up watching.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Mortuary
Syklis Green

Member 10985

Level 8.35

Aug 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:56 PM #16 of 62
Originally Posted by knkwzrd
I had always thought this was the point of grindcore, and I enjoy a fair bit of it.
You're damn right. It's exactly the point of Grindcore.

I just didn't express my thought the right way. They say that you can't hear the lyrics and that they mean nothing at all.

But that is also the point of Grindcore in itself so...

Anyway, I try not to speak too much about music with my friends because I tend to get mad really fast with them on that subject hahaha!

gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:23 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 07:23 PM #17 of 62
Originally Posted by Leknaat
But, the kicker is: I LIKE bagpipe music! That's what I said. I like bagpipe music.
I like bagpipes, too. They produce a beautiful sound. No need to be ashamed of that.

splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:06 AM #18 of 62
Liking Alizée and Sowelu. Both foreign pop singers whom fit the definition of "pop" perfectly. As in, they make Britney Spears look like rock n roll (well, Britney is in a different genre of music "slutpop"... neither Alizée or Sowelu are slutty/whorish). I don't like BS.

Everything else is quite openly accepted by my friends, Harry Potter, all the other types of music, online gaming, one-night stands. ^_^

There's nowhere I can't reach.
[RIGHT]
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:26 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 09:26 AM #19 of 62
Originally Posted by OctoberOmicron
Someone made a thread like this some time ago. Maybe that fuck Musharraf.
I actually made a "music you are embarassed to like" thread in the media centre right after the most recent crash, but I like this more as it has a larger scope.

I like listening to Dido Armstrong while doing construction jobs. Recently I was tearing a bathroom apart with a sledgehammer, and my boss'es husband came to the room and almost touched the boombox. NEVER mess with my boombox when I have a sledgehammer. I think Dido is freakin great; up there with Frank Zappa, Public Enemy, Primus, and Slayer.

Bagpipes are one of the best instruments ever. My friend Crazy Amy is a global competitor (never made #1 world champion) for bagpipe competitions, and I love it when I get a chance to hear her play. I don't know if bagpipe players, or bagpipe groupies in my case, are dorks or what, but whatever. I'll admit to it.

Speedskating is better than hockey. Both longtrack and shorttrack.

I probably got more skeletons in my closet, but that is good for now.

Most amazing jew boots
Chie
Wishful Thinking

Member 10785

Level 9.25

Aug 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:29 AM #20 of 62
I am actually surprised that no one has tried creating a myspace thread since so many of us have it. I have no shame in myspace page though since I'm not obsessed.
I also like evanescence, linkin park, and some adam sandler movies ~_~

munchkin13
*meow*

Member 1634

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:55 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 03:55 PM #21 of 62
My name is alanna and I adore Disney everysingle film, every cartoon and every piece of merchandise. If I could afford it I would buy everything disney i could get my hands on lol i'm an addict

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:45 AM #22 of 62
My like of Winnie-the-Pooh stories fits into this category, preferably the A. A. Milne stuff. My collection of Pokémon cards probably fits as well. That's all I've got for now. Maybe I'll think of something else later...

How ya doing, buddy?
Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:08 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 10:08 AM #23 of 62
Some things people have mentioned already: I've read through the Harry Potter series several times (I hate the movies, though), I like Linkin Park and Green Day, and I have a MySpace page.

My own dirty secrets: I listen to boy band music, the Spice Girls, and some of my favorite songs from the '90s when I'm feeling nostalgic. I'm super covert about it, too, so that no one I know (even my family) will find out and make fun of me for it.

I enjoy Christopher Paolini's books Eragon and Eldest. I've heard people put them down because they read like they're written by a teenager (which they were) and because they are clichéd and slightly predictable. They're not great, but I still enjoy them.

I watch old movies like Labyrinth, The Princess Bride, Hook, and Disney movies when I'm feeling down. I guess this one's not too bad, but I'm slightly embarrassed that I still do this.

I liked Final Fantasy VII. In fact, it is one of my favorite games of all time.

This one's a bit different, but I'm also a Christian. From what I've gathered about the beliefs of some GFF members, I think that many people around here would ridicule me for that.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Adara; Aug 17, 2006 at 11:13 AM.
Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:54 PM #24 of 62
Originally Posted by Adara
I enjoy Christopher Paolini's books Eragon
They already have posters for the movie hanging up in my local Regal Cinema 16.

---
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 04:55 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 04:55 PM #25 of 62
Originally Posted by Adara
This one's a bit different, but I'm also a Christian. From what I've gathered about the beliefs of some GFF members, I think that many people around here would ridicule me for that.
That is actually funny, because I have absolutely nothing against following a religion of your choice, but people on this board have ridiculed me for not being Christian. Go figure.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > I'm not ashamed!