Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Signs of a DOS attack?

Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2007, 04:00 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2007, 02:00 PM #1 of 2
Signs of a DOS attack?

Recently I had my network go down (not just my internet), after a few minuets, my network went back up, but not after I logged a large amount of activity coming from the IP 78.60.137.44. Upon checking my firewall, it said a specific IP address was sending fragmented TCP packets (among other things).

According to a quick google search, fragmented packets are commonly used to expose weaknesses of a network and propagate an attack. Question is, was this a DOS attack and if so, what should I do to prevent a subsequent attack or make sure my network/system wasn't compromised?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2007, 06:41 PM Local time: Dec 21, 2007, 12:41 AM #2 of 2
Maybe it was just a port scan.

Probably random internet background noise, from someone who has a crawling botnet.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Signs of a DOS attack?