Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Teaching the future scum of the world to encourage suicide

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:15 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 12:15 PM #1 of 49
Teaching the future scum of the world to encourage suicide

Wonderful. So we have a collection of truly shining members of society egging this girl on to kill herself in front of a live webcam. What the fuck is this? HOW do these people become so contemptible? Is the lure of acting without impunity so strong that kids without such restraint gleefully encourage and look forward to suicide?

http://stickam.com/profile/suicide - the hundreds of comments on her three posted photos
http://www.suichancountdown.com/ - related

Is this a fault of the internet? Parenting? What causes such indifference to humanity? Insert your requisite emo jokes; I know the girl fits the stereotype, but honestly I don't think that's relevant.

Here's some bonus material!
I received a truly random PM from some kid last night. Quite admirable:

Quote:
I hope u get eaten by a dog while watching ur mother getting raped by me. kthx bye
PS: thats my first pm ever
So what the hell. Would you say this shit is reflective of society's youth's mentality as a whole? What kind of people are these kids going to be when they become adults, after their brains have been turned into slop from the internet? Does this dishearten you or are you indifferent to it?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:25 PM #2 of 49
Pffth. I think its fucking great. Who are you kidding.

If an emo fuck wants to kill herself, let her. EGG HER ON. At least someone encouraged others to follow through on things. Life isn't about not getting what you want and then threatening to kill yourself. Thats juvenile. I wouldn't take her seriously. I would do exactly what these people did, really. Except probably with a little less STUPID.

People don't like to have others toy with their emotions. I applaud those who encouraged her to commit suicide. I think if shes stupid enough to listen to them, it makes one less retarded body sucking up fresh air with which the rest of us can function healthily on.

Seriously. You can't seriously defend the girl, can you. Playing on the emotions of others is sociopathic.

EDIT: O WAIT.
Quote:
I aptly named myself Sui-Chan because on Saturday, August 19, 2006, At Midnight (24:00 EST) I will go live and commit ritual Hari-Kari live.

I will be the first person to commit suicide over stickam, and until then, I am not showing my tits, or gtfo'ing my own stickam. I will actually not be live before the ritual, since it will require mcuh preperation.
YEA. FUCKING RETARDED. I hope she gets NO publicity for this. Too bad I am contributing.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Aug 14, 2006 at 02:28 PM.
Irrelevant
MORE GRIM THAN VAMP

Member 6382

Level 2.74

May 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:32 PM #3 of 49
I'm 16, and the amount of teens like me who are fucking dumb amazes me. I've never been peer pressured into doing stupid things, I've never done drugs and stolen something or anything else. Yet, I know so many people who "brag" about doing pot at a party, like it's something fucking special and awesome. I don't think that it has a whole lot to do with the internet. Sure, it gives teens a chance to act like morons while basking in its' anonymity, which obviously might influence them somewhat, but I think it's more the media that sends too many negative messages. People like me who can watch a movie with violence and say, "Wow, that was interesting," but not want to go out and get in a gang fight or ride on top of a car deserve respect. It's the kids who idolize idiots like Sean Paul whose message is, "do marijuana" (like in the song "We Be Burning" or whatever it's called.) In any case, that girl in the stickham site is clearly seeking attention. She actually says, "I will be the first person to commit suicide over stickam!" That's simply ridiculous. It's definitely not something to be proud about.

In any case, 5 more days!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:32 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 09:32 PM #4 of 49
Wow, this is a great way of driving visitors to (insert random MySpace-like Web 2.0 site here).

Sorry, I need to go take pictures of my sister and advertise my site with an anouncement of a live suicide now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chie
Wishful Thinking

Member 10785

Level 9.25

Aug 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:37 PM #5 of 49
Stickam? Another Myspace?
I hope she gets her 15 seconds of fame becuase I think she'll back down at the last minute. All she wants to see are the comments people will leave becuase lets face it, she wants the attention.

I was speaking idiomatically.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:40 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 11:40 AM #6 of 49
I thought this was just some /b/ joke. Even if it's not, I really don't care. It's not like she'd have the determination and courage to go through with hara-kiri.

And:
Originally Posted by Irrelevant
I'm 16, and the amount of teens like me who are fucking dumb amazes me. I've never been peer pressured into doing stupid things, I've never done drugs and stolen something or anything else. Yet, I know so many people who "brag" about doing pot at a party, like it's something fucking special and awesome. I don't think that it has a whole lot to do with the internet. Sure, it gives teens a chance to act like morons while basking in its' anonymity, which obviously might influence them somewhat, but I think it's more the media that sends too many negative messages. People like me who can watch a movie with violence and say, "Wow, that was interesting," but not want to go out and get in a gang fight or ride on top of a car deserve respect. It's the kids who idolize idiots like Sean Paul whose message is, "do marijuana" (like in the song "We Be Burning" or whatever it's called.) In any case, that girl in the stickham site is clearly seeking attention. She actually says, "I will be the first person to commit suicide over stickam!" That's simply ridiculous. It's definitely not something to be proud about.

In any case, 5 more days!
I'm curious as to how this thread invoked this response from you.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE; Aug 14, 2006 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:42 PM #7 of 49
I've never heard of this Stickam. Maybe its a publicity stunt for THEM and this poor girl is in it as such?

Curious.

FELIPE NO
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:45 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 12:45 PM #8 of 49
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
Seriously. You can't seriously defend the girl, can you. Playing on the emotions of others is sociopathic.
I'm more focused on the general mentality of the drones who are encouraging her, not necessarily this single act. Those kids have that mentality, which are displayed in this stupid drama skit, and most likely displayed in plenty of other places as well.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:45 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 02:45 PM #9 of 49
Whether or not she's trying to get attention, you can't defend encouraging suicide. That is sociopathic. Trying to get attention is borderline behavior.

Irrelevant
MORE GRIM THAN VAMP

Member 6382

Level 2.74

May 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:49 PM #10 of 49
Originally Posted by Capo
And:
I'm curious as to how this thread invoked this response from you.
Because of Cellius' last paragraph. And I enjoy speaking my mind.

I suspect this is a joke, simply because I remember once on a forum I frequented everyone would make fun of this one goth guy on a journal site, and it turned out to be a joke.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:50 PM #11 of 49
Originally Posted by Skexis
Whether or not she's trying to get attention, you can't defend encouraging suicide. That is sociopathic. Trying to get attention is borderline behavior.
Sure I can.

If you want to die, why would you announce it to the world. Obviously, you don't want to die. You're just feeding off of the fools who tell you that you're worth living for.

It's the ultimate manipulation. Those who manipulate others in such a way DESERVE harsh criticism and/or encouragement. Action-reaction.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:53 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 01:53 PM #12 of 49
Did you read her poetry? Jesus, I feel bad for going after icyblackflame now. She's fucking ee Cummings compared to this cunt.

How ya doing, buddy?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:56 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 12:56 PM #13 of 49
It's the ultimate manipulation. Those who manipulate others in such a way DESERVE harsh criticism and/or encouragement. Action-reaction.
Except I'm sure these fuckers who are encouraging her don't possess the mental capacity to understand that at all, and want her to do it for purely other reasons, which is where my question about these kids' mentalities comes in.

Most amazing jew boots
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:59 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 02:59 PM #14 of 49
If life sucked bad enough to commit suicide, you wouldn't do a countdown and have some drama whore-show. Why the fuck is she adding a timer? Does she want to see another episode of her favorite show or something? I mean shit people. She's not going to go through with it. I doubt she'll even elaborately stage it. Brats like this have been roaming the internet since its conception. The people commenting are toying around with her because they know she's full of it.

If you think this is bad, you would've loathed about 90% of GFF during some thread over a year back. It consisted of some bolemic/anorexic journal board on livejournal :'D 85lb, 5'5". IM SO FAT~ That thread was comedy gold :3 Little disturbing on the pictures though...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:59 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 11:59 AM #15 of 49
I had to laugh at the one guy who was like "omgdon'tdoitletschatsometime."

People like her are just clogging up our internet with shitty livejournal poetry and wasting our air, like Sass said. She's doing us all a great service by offing herself, if she's not bluffing. One less whiny emo bitch in the world.

I have plans Saturday, so someone save the video plz...

FELIPE NO
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:01 PM #16 of 49
Originally Posted by Cellius
I'm more focused on the general mentality of the drones who are encouraging her, not necessarily this single act. Those kids have that mentality, which are displayed in this stupid drama skit, and most likely displayed in plenty of other places as well.
Well, don't worry.

I know it looks bad, but I'm willing to go all in when I say this is a small percentage of the population you single out. Sure, it's despicable and, really wrong. So is this chick, whether or not it's a joke doesn't really matter. Either way, they're all idiots. Still, they're the minority.

I can't prove it, no. I only have my experience, which dictates the majority of people are, in fact, good at heart. Maybe I'm just an optimost though (or a dumbass).

Double Post:
Except I'm sure these fuckers who are encouraging her don't possess the mental capacity to understand that at all, and want her to do it for purely other reasons, which is where my question about these kids' mentalities comes in.
To pre-empt any flames I might get, these are the kids I'm talking about. I'm not even going to get into how stupid people waste air that's rightfully mine.

Last edited by Ballpark Frank; Aug 14, 2006 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 10:16 PM #17 of 49
I've never heard of this Stickam. Maybe its a publicity stunt for THEM and this poor girl is in it as such?
That's exactly what I've been trying to get across here. Why would anyone choose a totally unknown host for anouncing a "big thing" such as a live Hara-Kiri style suicide? All the cool kids do this on MySpace.

Most amazing jew boots
Metaconsciou§
Chocobo

Member 10873

Level 9.05

Aug 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 02:16 PM #18 of 49
I'm disheartened a bit, but I won't waste my time if they're having way too much fun acting like fools.

This simply is another case of: Different kicks for different pricks.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:18 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 12:18 PM #19 of 49
Originally Posted by Rock
That's exactly what I've been trying to get across here. Why would anyone choose a totally unknown host for anouncing a "big thing" such as a live Hara-Kiri style suicide? All the cool kids do this on MySpace.
Because this site has live streaming video.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:19 PM #20 of 49
Keep in mind this could easily be an elaborate trolling attempt. Think Eon8 but more in your face.

But honestly if someone wants to kill themselves, I'm not going to try to stop them unless they are close to me and I don't want to see them dead. To be honest I have never been against suicide; I think it's a valid solution to existence and it's up to the person performing it to decide whether or not they want to live because it's their consciousness they are terminating (assuming there is no life after death).

Has anyone committed suicide on cam before? You'd think it would have already been done.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:22 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 01:22 PM #21 of 49
Originally Posted by Eleo
Has anyone committed suicide on cam before? You'd think it would have already been done.
On camera, Christine Chubbuck did in the 70s.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:33 PM #22 of 49
I mean on the internets. With thousands of poeple watching.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:16 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 02:16 PM #23 of 49
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:23 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 02:23 PM #24 of 49
So first we have the hordes of 4chan users harrassing girls to strip and fuck themselves on stickam. Now we have retarded attention whores killing themselves on stickam.

How much you wanna bet half of those people egging her on are just from 4chan or other image boards like it? ;(

Stuff goes here~
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 05:09 PM #25 of 49
The kids are probably thinking the same thing I am, except in a little more violent and angry way.

I think the general disdain for the entire notion is more what you should focus on. Yea, a lot of the people are jackasses in what they're telling her. But frankly, I'd be more disappointed if they all responded with "O NOES DONT DO IT, HARI-CHAN! You're WORTH IT!"

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Teaching the future scum of the world to encourage suicide