Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

is it fair to ban countries from eCommerce?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 05:10 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 05:10 PM #1 of 6
is it fair to ban countries from eCommerce?

So just recently I browsed at eBay and looking for Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time ~Hyrule Symphony~. The item was listed in the eBay allright, but when I want to register for an account in paypal, they said I'm not able to register simply because my country is blacklisted by paypal for case of internet fraud.

So I draw conclusion, because a bunch of people doing cyberfraud, the rest of people in one country got the implication: complete isolation toward eCommerce such as paypal and ebay. I really feel this is unfair, I mean, not everyone is fraud and we are looking a way to buy things from internet legally.

Do you think this is fair? Is your country now having same experience too? I'm really sad for this really, I have the money but I couldnt buy the things I've been looking all overs. People harsh about us of downloading music and piracy, but we dont even have access to buy legal stuffs through internet.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 06:15 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 09:15 PM #2 of 6
That does seem pretty unfair, I had no idea services like Paypal excluded certain countries like that. My country's fine, however, as you would assume. Anyway, it's unfortunate you can't change a major company's mind on a matter like this; I wonder how many other countries have this exclusion?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 06:50 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 06:50 PM #3 of 6
Most of internet fraud are coming from developing countries such as africa, eastern europe, central/SE asia, etc. they are the one who should be banned, not us, the legal buyers ;__;

in the end, paypal has divided the world: non paypal countries and paypal countries. it's such unfair discrimination.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:56 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 10:56 PM #4 of 6
Ebay and Paypal are businesses. They don't have an obligation to serve you if they feel it's not in their best interests. Note that this does not preclude them from sucking.

Last I checked, Indonesia was a developing country too...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:28 AM #5 of 6
That's quite unfortunate for you, and what's more unfortunate is that you can't really do much about it. Perhaps you'll just have to settle for alternative (albeit riskier) methods of paying, even though Paypal is rather useful.

I was speaking idiomatically.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 06:57 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 06:57 AM #6 of 6
Originally Posted by Bigblah
Ebay and Paypal are businesses. They don't have an obligation to serve you if they feel it's not in their best interests. Note that this does not preclude them from sucking.

Last I checked, Indonesia was a developing country too...
Still developing country you meant.

Anyway, actually we could use western union for money transfer, but it seems it has bad reputation of service that used a lot by the cyber fraud. I feel like livin in japan in 19th century.

Does malaysia have same problem with this too blah?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > is it fair to ban countries from eCommerce?