Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Promiscuous Wife gets bored with a "low-income" lifestyle and murders husband

Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:46 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 10:46 PM #1 of 12
Promiscuous Wife gets bored with a "low-income" lifestyle and murders husband

Originally Posted by FOXNews.com
SAN DIEGO — A woman was convicted Tuesday of murdering her Marine husband with arsenic so she could cash in on his $250,000 life insurance policy, some of which she used to have her breasts enlarged.

Prosecutors argued that Cynthia Sommer, 33, wanted a more luxurious lifestyle than she could afford on her 23-year-old husband's $1,700 monthly salary and saw his military life insurance policy as a way to "set herself free."

In addition to the breast enlargement surgery, Sommer's friends and co-workers testified, she threw wild parties and had casual sex with multiple partners in the weeks after her husband's death and the payment of the insurance policy.

Click here for more Crime news.

Sgt. Todd Sommer was in top condition when he collapsed and died on Feb. 18, 2002, at the couple's home on the Marine Corps' Miramar base in San Diego.

His death was initially ruled a heart attack. Tests of his liver later found levels of arsenic 1,020 times above normal.
Story here

She had sex with two men at the same time just shortly (weeks) after her husband's death. Four total within less than two months time.

Two months after her husband's death she was engaged to another Marine.

Did I mention she also underwent breast enhancement surgery?

It's amazing what some people will do for money.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:49 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 11:49 PM #2 of 12
I saw the verdict on the local news live earlier today. Sounded like alot of people were surprised at the verdict afterwards. Which I didn't understand. A guilty sentence was pretty easy here..

Most amazing jew boots
Stuff goes here~
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:51 AM #3 of 12
It's not really all that amazing, considering what exposure we have to how we "should be." But thats a whole different topic.

The woman must be a sociopath or something. Thats some sick behavior, and I wonder if the insurance company will detect fraud and demand the money back. I have no idea how life insurance policies work, though. If she's convicted, maybe they could do it?

I pity the poor Marine she's with now. I wonder if he knows what she did. He must. Which makes him an even bigger fool.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:52 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 10:52 PM #4 of 12
I saw the verdict on the local news live earlier today. Sounded like alot of people were surprised at the verdict afterwards. Which I didn't understand. A guilty sentence was pretty easy here..
They only had "circumstantial" evidence to work with.

They couldn't prove that it was actually her that put the arsenic wherever it was (in his ass, roffle).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Vestin; Jan 31, 2007 at 01:54 AM.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:59 AM #5 of 12
I can't think of what's stupider... The fact she killed her husband for money, or the fact she wanted to get her boobs done WITH the money...

Either way, stupid decision on her part. I wonder what the Marine was thinking before his death...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 02:09 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 11:09 PM #6 of 12
OH FUCK I CAN'T BREATHE
*CONVULSION*

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
munchkin13
*meow*

Member 1634

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 06:28 AM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 12:28 PM #7 of 12
Thats just a desperate move. How could she not live on $1,700 a month? Thats alot of money. She deserved what she got no question about it. Feel sorry for the marine she killed and the one shes with now, wonder if he's kicked her to the kurb yet?

FELIPE NO
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:14 AM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 10:14 AM #8 of 12
Well, $1700 a month doesn't get you as far as you'd think in San Diego. Especially if you want to get your boobs done.

It really annoys me that there are people like this alive and interacting in normal society. And having sex with other morons, and possibly creating more little idiots to run around.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:40 AM #9 of 12
Thats just a desperate move. How could she not live on $1,700 a month? Thats a lot of money. She deserved what she got no question about it. Feel sorry for the marine she killed and the one shes with now, wonder if he's kicked her to the curb yet?
$1700 a month is a little over $20000 (and I'm not sure if tax was taken into account). Plus they lived in San Diego in their own home/apartment/whatever.

If you live with your parents or share rent with roommates then $20K would seem alright, but they were married. And I assume her lazy ass didn't work.

I'm kind of disappointed by this, but I'm not surprised this happened. She was 33 (not sure if that's now or then - if it's now then she was 28 when she killed him) and she married a marine who was 23 (a younger male with a body she was attracted to). She's a horrible person and a whore.

Any info on a sentence? She was convicted, but the article didn't say what will happen to her.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 02:13 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 12:13 PM #10 of 12
Yeah 1700$ will not get you far here in San Diego. My family (Father, me, and my sister) make about 3500 a month when it's all pooled together. That is barely enough to last. Since even the cheapest 2 bedroom apartment is near 1k and our 3 bedroom is 1500 a month. Electricity and gas here is expensive and after that you still have to pay for car/health insurance, "leisure" bills like cable or phones, and then food. This is just renting an apartment. It skyrockets if you rent a home. You have to be really rich to own your own home. ;|

Quote:
Any info on a sentence? She was convicted, but the article didn't say what will happen to her.
She's getting life in jail with no chance of parol iirc. They didn't want to seek the death penalty because she had children. She's trying to appeal it or some shit. I really wonder what that other marine is thinking after all this. Her children must not be enjoying things, that's for sure.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Stuff goes here~

Last edited by Shonos; Jan 31, 2007 at 02:16 PM.
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 04:28 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 02:28 PM #11 of 12
I feel horrible for her children. Having to grow up knowing your mom is a murdering whore who can never leave prison has to suck. Although with the way our system works she'll probably be out on parole in 7 years.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sandy
Pikachu ♪

Member 17794

Level 10.12

Jan 2007

Old Feb 1, 2007, 02:06 AM #12 of 12
That is sick-minded, but it happens a lot in poorer countries :/ Some people are even willing to kill someone for $17 dollars in China ......

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Yes, I'm very evul.

(Old sig back in 2001ish)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Promiscuous Wife gets bored with a "low-income" lifestyle and murders husband