Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Bespoke Suits

RantriX
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2689

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 02:16 PM #1 of 8
Bespoke Suits

I am currently looking for a classic black & white bespoke suit, and was wondering if anyone on this forum have had purchased one? I was hoping that someone experienced with this process can help guide me in purchasing a bespoke suit for myself =].

The occassion is a wedding, but since I do not have any dress clothes, I thought it would be a good time to actually buy one for further future use.

The reason why I need a custom made suit is that I do not fit the usual standardized clothes that they sell, so I thought I'd might as well go out of my way to purchase a suit that actually fits.

Most amazing jew boots
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 03:08 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 04:08 PM #2 of 8
How do you not fit standard sizes? Too large? Too small?

I don't think you should look into bespoken suits though, as they are, more often than not, excessively costly, and are mostly intended for those whose pocketbooks can match their vanity. A well tailored one should suffice.

Also, where do you live?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Thracozaag
STSD

Member 7134

Level 8.29

May 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 03:16 PM #3 of 8
What kind of suit are you looking for? Style/cut/fabric/padding, etc. I highly suggest visiting these sites for more advice:

www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum

www.styleforum.net

koji (heinous fop)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RantriX
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2689

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 06:56 PM #4 of 8
Thanks Thracozaag for those sites. I have been reading some of the threads there and it does help a lot to have read them.

The reason why I don't fit standardized clothes is that I am too small for it, and I find it frustrating that nothing really fits me. So my option was to go for bespoke suits.

While browsing I found a picture of some one's else suit, which is the style that I am also aiming for. Though quite not sure of what it is actually though. British suits? Iono =P

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Thracozaag
STSD

Member 7134

Level 8.29

May 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 07:04 PM #5 of 8
Yes that's more of a British silhouette--you'll notice the waist supression is pretty sharp there. Instead of bespoke, you might try MTM instead, or simply buy the smallest size you can fit in, and have a competent tailor then make the adjustments--will save you time and money.

koji

Most amazing jew boots
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 07:33 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 12:33 AM #6 of 8
Pretty much all off-the-shelf suits I have seen in England are too narrow for me in the shoulders and upper arm and too loose in the belly area. They look crap on me but I guess they are made for the average British politician, who has the figure of a full-term pregnant woman. Bespoke is the only way for some of us, as expensive as it may be.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RantriX

Member 2689

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 08:16 PM #7 of 8
Tharcozaag, I am not very familiar with suit terms so is it possible that you explain to me what MTM is? Also, when you say "waist supression" do you mean how the jacket/blazer is snug and hugs the waistline?

Because of my size and height, I think my only option to find fitted clothes is a bespoke suit. I am 5'5" and weight about 120 lbs.

FELIPE NO
Thracozaag
STSD

Member 7134

Level 8.29

May 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 11:07 AM #8 of 8
MTM-refers to "made-to-measure", it's a less hands-on approach to getting a suit made, basically you pick out the fabric and cut/style you want, and the tailor does the rest. Notice the hourglass-like shape to the suit picture you posted? That's waist supression.
With your measurements, I see why you need bespoke suits. Try the MTM option at your local tailors/department store--I think that's the best route for you to go.

koji

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Bespoke Suits