Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Proper way to smoke a cigarette?

rocketdog
formerly known as Green

Member 483

Level 23.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 02:05 PM #1 of 16
Proper way to smoke a cigarette?

I was smoking a Djarum Black clove the other day and my friend said "dude you know you're not supposed to inhale, right?"

He said something about cloves being bad for you, fiberglass, and destruction of the lungs, and that you're only supposed to breathe it into your mouth.

Now, I'm not a crazy smoker, but I'm also no newbie. My inhalation method is as follows:

With cigarette in mouth, don't make a full seal over the filter end, but inhale as if taking a regular breath of air. Since there isn't a full seal, the cigarette smoke gets mixed in with regular air (thus thinning out the overall smoke) and inhale it into the lungs - then exhale.

But this kid was ranting about how you're only supposed to get it into the mouth, blah blah. But doesn't that defeat the purpose of smoking?

After doing a few Google searches there seem to be mixed ways on how you smoke. Some people say "DON'T LET IT GET IN YOUR LUNGS" others say the direct opposite.

For the past 20 or so years of my life, I was always under the impression that smoke goes in your lungs. Am I missing something here?

I feel stupid asking this, but honestly, I am now thoroughly confused.

ps. On a side note, do any other clove smokers here get a bit light-headed and relaxed after smoking a clove?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 03:53 PM #2 of 16
Of course, inhaling cigarette smoke is horrible for your lungs, but that's not to say that you're not supposed to inhale. You are. Even cloves (btw, I don't smoke regularly, but when I do OCCASIONALLY smoke it's always Djarum Black Cloves).

I, too, get lightheaded, but I think that would happen with any other cigarette, as well. I think it's just because we're not regular smokers that we get a little dizzy and relaxed.

Most amazing jew boots
Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 04:41 PM #3 of 16
If you don't inhale, you will only get a small fraction of the effects of the nicotine and eugenol in the clove.

Yyou are not supposed to inhale are when smoking cigars and pipe tobacco. Unless you are hardcore desensitized to the smoke, it is far too thick and unfiltered to tolerate inhaling. It does give a monster buzz, though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
---

Last edited by Fleshy Fun-Bridge; Jan 2, 2007 at 04:45 PM.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 04:50 PM #4 of 16
You inhale if you're a smoker. You don't inhale if you're being a pansy and missing the point.

Cloves are to be inhaled, as I understand it. I smoked them for a long time exclusively - and yes, they are KILLER on your lungs. They will get to hurting you if you smoke too many in a day. (And when I mean too many, I mean more than 10).

If you don't inhale your cigarettes, though - pffth, what a waste of your money. Don't bother buying cigarettes. You're not addicted and you're not even getting a good taste from the shit. Just ditch the habit of smoking BUT NOT INHALING cigarette smoke.

And yes, cloves will make you more light-headed than cigarettes.

(Djarum Bali-Hais and Blacks, baby~~)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 05:05 PM #5 of 16
As for the effect on the lungs, the whole 'fiberglass' myth comes from the tendency of heavy clove smokers to get 'vamp lung' (bleeding lung). This is attributable to the high activation energy required for the natural oils in cloves versus domestic tobacco. Cloves burn hotter and are harder to keep lit. You may have noticed, and has been the case with myself, that a clove will go out if you don't take drags fast enough--kind of like a cigar.

The hotter gases have a searing effect on the lungs. This is what can cause 'vamp lung', not fiberglass.

For the record, the way I smoke is a hybrid 'french inhale'. I suck the smoke into my mouth, and then inhale part of it out of my mouth up through my nostrils with the rest being mixed with air and inhaled through my mouth. I don't inhale directly through the clove.

I was speaking idiomatically.
---
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 06:24 PM #6 of 16
It's pretty simple...inhale cigarettes, don't inhale cigars. Personally I only smoke when I drink, and I haven't been doing it at all lately.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
AGO9
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 17645

Level 1.86

Dec 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 09:09 PM #7 of 16
It's pretty simple...inhale cigarettes, don't inhale cigars. Personally I only smoke when I drink, and I haven't been doing it at all lately.
Same here, thats my standards.. Either way all forms of smoking all lead to cancer, so it doesn't matter how you look at it.

FELIPE NO
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 08:37 AM #8 of 16
The absolute best way to smoke a cigarette is by lighting it and sticking it up your ass. The nicotine gets absorbed rectally for easy access to the blood stream and you don't have to worry about pesky lung tumors spoiling your day. Just remember to leave a little space for air flow, or you will run out of oxygen quickly.

How ya doing, buddy?
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 08:43 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2007, 07:43 AM #9 of 16
Minion you asshole.

I use the barbarian method. I just light that shit up, inhale as much as possible and try to ignore the tickling sensation in my throat, and hold that shit up in my lungs as long as humanly possible. I feel it hanging there, a cloud of empty promises, and then finally I relax and exhale and watch the wispy grey matter go overhead. I like watching the smoke go out because it gives me a sense of accomplishment.

rocketdog, your name rings a bell. I think I heard it mentioned by someone berating your punk ass name. Who knows. But what I do know is you need to move on to bigger and better things than fucking nicotine.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Franky Mikey
Bonkler

Member 6

Level 39.27

Feb 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 08:54 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2007, 02:54 PM #10 of 16
Originally Posted by rocketdog
He said something about cloves being bad for you, fiberglass, and destruction of the lungs, and that you're only supposed to breathe it into your mouth.
This reasoning reminds me of the fatasses saying "diet" sodas are perfectly healthy and will definitely help them lose weight. You're smoking, for God's sake. It's horrible for your lungs no matter how you do it. If you're having second thoughts about ruining your health, then don't smoke. There's no magic trick that will somehow make smoking healthy. The "don't let it get into your lungs" thing is like saying sex is alright as long as there's no penetration.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

[ recordings |videos| blog ]
[ 18:14:09 ] [ +Garr ] Setting up form unreal troanmetn
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 08:59 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2007, 07:59 AM #11 of 16
Aside from the chemicals nonetheless, diet soda is definitely better. The problem with people that say that, though, is that the majority of the time they're stuffing a buffet down their gullet.

But hell, if you want to trash your lungs why not do it with better benefits?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
JackyBoy
A Cinnamon Role?

Member 2219

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 01:04 PM #12 of 16
I'm a non smoker. I see nothing beneficial about smoking. Breathing in some other guy's toxic lung cloud is quite easily the most offensive smell one can be subjected to. I know all this because I live with a smoker. However, the other night I decide to break form and "puffed" on a Captain Black. I got about half way with it when I couldn't take it anymore. The next day my eyes were sore, my lungs were sore, my stomach felt *blech* and I had a headache. These symptoms are my reminder as to why I don't take up this retarded habit full time.

Also, lol @ the elitism over the whole inhale thing.

told you I was hardcore

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

You're staring at me like I just asked you what the fucking square root of something.
taiga,
DRUNKARD

Member 1455

Level 8.29

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 02:45 PM #13 of 16
Also, lol @ the elitism over the whole inhale thing.

told you I was hardcore
Quit being an ignorant buffoon. Cigarette tobacco is meant to be inhaled, clear and simple. Those who say you shouldn't inhale cigarettes aren't supporting some kind of alternate preference, they're just seriously misinformed. It's not a matter of elitism at all.

Quote:
But hell, if you want to trash your lungs why not do it with better benefits?
Exactly. This is why I smoke weed.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by taiga,; Jan 3, 2007 at 02:50 PM.
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 09:01 AM Local time: Jan 4, 2007, 08:01 AM #14 of 16
Exactly, among other things on that lovely chain of life.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ionuk tomb
Ionuk_Tomb

Member 13311

Level 8.35

Sep 2006

Old Jan 5, 2007, 09:24 PM Local time: Jan 5, 2007, 08:24 PM #15 of 16
Will actually has it right. The membranes in the air sacs of your lungs are the most permeable and sensitive to nicotine, therefore, inhale. Not inhaling will not produce the same effect, or it will be a delayed effect. Smoking cigars or pipe, don't inhale AS MUCH. It's damn hard not to inhale a bit of a good cigar...it's partly to do with the kick, and partly with the flavour, body and aroma of a good cigar. Cigarettes are gross, so inhale...cause it's all about the high.

P.S.
I should note, people who say not to inhale are the ones who are trying to play it safe. In the end, their rates of mouth cancer aren't any lower, so you might as well go all the way and enjoy your smoke. That's about as bad as a guy who waters down his drinks, but drinks about the same amount as a normal person, and then says he's doing the smart thing.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by ionuk tomb; Jan 5, 2007 at 09:27 PM. Reason: post-script
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Jan 6, 2007, 11:43 AM Local time: Jan 6, 2007, 10:43 AM #16 of 16
That's about as bad as a guy who waters down his drinks, but drinks about the same amount as a normal person, and then says he's doing the smart thing.
It's the smart thing as far as staying hydrated goes considering the effects of alcohol as a diuretic and a way to avoid the hangover the next day, but not as far as any other standpòint.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Proper way to smoke a cigarette?