Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

car problem

Bredow
Banned

Member 2835

Level 10.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 08:21 PM #1 of 7
car problem

I posted at many car forums, but ahvent got many replies, maybe one of you can help me

I got a 1985 honda accord thats been sitting in my garage for a month now, its been waiting for a radiator repair. i repaired the radiator yesterday, drove it around....it acted strange, but not as strange as it did this morning

I went to drive my car and it wouldnt start. so kept trying to start it and cleaning the coil and played with the battery and pushed the throttle a lot....then i put some gas straight into the carberuter and a few tries later it started working...i had to have a PERFECT combo of gas and turning the key for it to start, and once it did, it was very rough. it was a rough start and the car drove very hard with a lot of stuttering and what it hink MAY be backfiring. I got some gas in my tank, which was near empty and sitting for a month (which i hope is th problem.....maybe the gas was full of sediments and such) and went driving. The more i drove the better it got. now it usually starts in one or two tries and is not nearly as rough as it was before, BUT it cant idle.

When i go into neutral to come to a light or something, it jsut stalls...it drops from about 1.5k rpm to zero... i ahve to restart my car every time i stop..its very annoying. not only that, but when my engine idles it sounds literally that there is a stream of shooting water or compressed ari coming out somewhere, instead of a solid vroom vroom its like a vroom hiss vroom.

here is an email i sent my dad

-----------------------------------

alright i think i got a carburetor problem....not to the point where it needs removal though

i got the car to start....it usually takes a few tries though.....

while im driving its fine....while im driing in pretty high rpms that is...

if i go slow the car stutters, same with if i accelerate very fast. i need to e easy on it to prevent stuttering or backfire..im not sure which one it is.

the car cannot idle. it has no idle...its acting simialr to what happened when i FIRST got the car...how it would stall when i woulf stop it...i remember i fixed it by using some carb treatment and just driving it.....its a bit worse now though.

my engine sounds terrible as well...it sounds like there is air being pushed into the engine or p8shed out...instead of a solid ruble i get kind of a hiss along with the rumble....just like if air were being sprayed

i seriously think its a carb problem, or a mix of that and slight electrical, problems. it could also be the spark plugs, or wires...

could it be timing?

either way, the car is very drivable right now....except for the fact when i stop i need to restart, which draws unwanted atttention, especially at night. its also dangerous and defentily not healthy for the car.....defentily not

so i think thats about it, ima fix that hose, no problem, but my car is now performing like shit....and i cant deal with it, i need to find a fix and i need recommendations...from what ive told im sure you can come up with something

-------------------------------

so yeah my guess is spark plug, or carburertor. i dont knwo too much about cars, but i know enough, i changed my clutch and raditor by myself and did a good job on both..i jsut dont know whats going on with my gas now.

any help would be appreciated by me so much. sorry abut spelling and such, im typing this in a mega hurry. thank you

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Cherrypop
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9075

Level 3.20

Jun 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:45 PM #2 of 7
Can't you take it to a garage and have them plug it into a computer to let you know?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bredow
Banned

Member 2835

Level 10.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:53 PM #3 of 7
if i wanted to waste money, and maybe not, my car is old

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Immortal
I float.

Member 1281

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 12:11 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 10:11 PM #4 of 7
Sounds like the noises my engine was making when I blew the headgasket this weekend. Check the coolant in the radiator to see if it is a milky or brown color as that is a sign of a blown headgasket =/

Might want to try www.Honda-Tech.com just run a search and I'm sure you will find something.

Also could be any number of things from spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap/rotor, etc, etc. Grab a Helm's manual and start lookin I guess!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

While everyone around me is busy drowning, I float.
Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 02:10 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 12:10 AM #5 of 7
I want to say its the pistons in the engine.... Because my 86 Mustang LX made similar sounds til my dad replaced some plug wires or something... Still runs rough but runs better than before he fixed it. I gotta have him look at it again soon to see what exactly is wrong (plus the starter is acting funny).

I'm not much of a car person. I know there's a gas, a brake and a steering wheel.

I was speaking idiomatically.

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 03:51 AM #6 of 7
My Nova used to do the stall at red lights if I didn't let it warm up enough before driving. But sitting for a month? I think some sediment may have settled in the carb while it was sitting there.

Have you tried the carb cleaner again?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 07:41 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 01:41 PM #7 of 7
If it's stalling at the lights, could be the thermostat or the choke that's fucked. You really should take it to a garage though.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > car problem