Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Swine Flu - We're all going to die

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 03:48 PM 2 #26 of 59
I wonder if catching the Swine Flu would help Paco's shitty L4D performance any.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

#654: Braixen
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 04:00 PM #27 of 59
I've found the Swine Flu horribly disappointing. After getting 3-4 emergency alerts and CDC instruction emails from my school I expected some terrible, devastating virus. Then it turned out to just be the regular flu with diarrhea and more highly contagious. Lame.

I wonder if catching the Swine Flu would help Paco's shitty L4D performance any.
Only if he's playing on the Infected side. Otherwise he'll just swipe all the pills before anyone else can use them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 04:04 PM #28 of 59
Only if he's playing on the Infected side. Otherwise he'll just swipe all the pills before anyone else can use them.
At least he'd actually be picking up health for once. Sounds like an improvement to me.

How ya doing, buddy?

#654: Braixen
ziggythecat
I like Chocolate Milk

Member 8650

Level 10.49

Jun 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 04:04 PM Local time: May 1, 2009, 03:04 PM #29 of 59
My PIG HIV was cured by green tea. And The Macallan.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I like your booty but I'm not gay.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 04:19 PM Local time: May 1, 2009, 02:19 PM #30 of 59
NO.

NO YOU CAN'T.

IT'S A FUCKING VIRUS, NOT A BACTERIA.

Dammit, antibiotics are only useful for killing bacteria, and then only if it's not a resistant strain.
Yes. I know that FOX News is "A FUCKING VIRUS, NOT A BACTERIA."

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO ADD, CAPTAIN HYPERBOLE?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 05:01 PM Local time: May 2, 2009, 12:01 AM #31 of 59
A bacterium.

But yeah, the antiviral medicines seem to work fine against the disease, so there should be no worry in countries with at least some developed medicine or healthcare (=America's screwed).

FELIPE NO
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 05:04 PM #32 of 59
Hey, some of us are preferred patients.

Most amazing jew boots
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 05:23 PM #33 of 59
Paco, I don't know if I misread, but it pisses me off whenever anyone talks about using antibiotics to cure something viral.

It's a touchy subject for me because the idea of super-staph scares the shit out of me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Araes
Plush

Member 11574

Level 19.87

Aug 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 06:21 PM Local time: May 1, 2009, 06:21 PM #34 of 59
Couple of confirmed cases in my area. A pair of kids from the same class in (I think) elementary school got it, and two others are being tested. Quarantined them all. They're trying to figure out what the vector was right now, and have closed all the schools. My job is also offering liberal leave for those who don't want to take the risk. Unfortunately, I'm triple booked for meetings next week and can't do any such thing, otherwise I'd be going for an unexpected vacation.

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old May 2, 2009, 08:44 AM Local time: May 2, 2009, 02:44 PM 1 #35 of 59
I dunno what fucking homo deleted my post, but I still think that people blow this one out of all possible proportions.
So the WHO (the institution, not the band) just decided to make people around the world insecure by jumping to level five. Fuck the WHO, they have no fucking idea what they are talking about.
So there are a couple of swine flu victims in Mexico. Fuck Mexico, their health care system is barely better than the democratic system in North Korea.

Now everyone is jumping around, TV stations drawing worst case scenarios (seriously, fuck those idiots). Geez, you guys all need a large cup of chillax. You CAN shake other peoples' hands. You CAN eat pork. You will NOT die. Okay?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hamu-Sumo

Member 1998

Level 23.00

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2009, 10:32 AM Local time: May 2, 2009, 05:32 PM 6 #36 of 59
Swine flu. Hai hai, next hype, please.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Best Song Contest 2014 Winner
Musashi: Samurai Legend - Aeolic Guardian
composed by Masashi Hamauzu

Me @ last.fm | Ultimate Video Game Composers List | VGM Lounge (German)
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2009, 07:14 PM 2 #37 of 59
So the WHO (the institution, not the band) just decided to make people around the world insecure by jumping to level five. Fuck the WHO, they have no fucking idea what they are talking about.
Yeah, I too don't understand why someone would want to raise awareness of a possible pandemic to allow local authorities to prepare for handling the situation.

Do you also oppose volcano monitoring?

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2009, 08:26 PM Local time: May 2, 2009, 06:26 PM 1 #38 of 59
I do. I like the element of surprise in my eruptions.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old May 2, 2009, 11:15 PM Local time: May 3, 2009, 12:45 AM #39 of 59
Well the confirmed cases have jumped up to 85 at this current moment, Its kind of alarming to see how many new cases are popping up since only a couple of days ago there were only 19. Thankfully, there have been no cases of swine flue in my home province of Newfoundland. Alberta on the other hand, which is where I'm to right now have 15 cases of the swine flu at this moment.

Who knows, I could have it, I've been fighting a horrible cough over the last couple of days. I'm not going to get paranoid about like every body else has. The camp I'm staying at is being really strict about it, because since this camp holds about 2700 people, we have a lot of guys coming back on their holidays down south especially Mexico. So we were provided a notice by our employer is that anytime we fly home if we come down with any kind of sickness while we're home, they encourage us to stay home for another week till you feel better in fear of the swine flu. I'll just take a wait and see approach. That's all I can do.

In terms of other swine flu related news, this little tidbit happened in canada today.

Alberta Pigs likely infected with swine flu

Quote:
In what would be the first reported case of its kind, a farm worker with the swine flu virus is believed to have infected about 200 pigs in Alberta, a top official with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency said Saturday.

Dr. Brian Evans, executive vice-president of the CFIA, said at a news conference in Ottawa that the pigs were apparently infected by a farm worker who had recently been in Mexico and fell ill upon his return.

The worker returned from Mexico on April 12 and worked at the Alberta farm two days later. He "may have exposed pigs there to the illness," Evans told reporters.

The man has since recovered. The pigs are also recovering and the herd in question has been quarantined, he said. Samples from the infected pigs are being analyzed.

"We have found the virus is the one being tracked in the human population," Evans said. About 10 per cent of the 2,200 pigs at the farm exhibited flu-like symptoms such as loss of appetite or fever, he said.

"I want to be clear — there is no food safety concern related to this finding," said Evans.

It is common for pigs to contract influenza, he said. But this is the first known case of the H1N1 virus being transmitted from humans to pigs.

Normally, detecting influenza in pigs wouldn't generate a response from food safety officials, but with an international flu outbreak the current circumstances are different, Evans said.

"The chance that these pigs could transfer virus to a person is remote," said Evans.

The outbreak among pigs, he said, was confined to the herd in question as none of the pigs have been moved outside the farm or sold elsewhere.

Most amazing jew boots
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old May 2, 2009, 11:31 PM #40 of 59
A friend of mine who refs soccer recently got an email from the USSF telling him to red card any children that shook hands. In an attempt to stop the spread of swine flu. This really... saddens me, actually.

There's been a case of it confirmed one town over from me. I'm still not terribly worried. Angel, you mentioned that it seems to be spreading quickly... I'm not so sure I see it that way. I think 'pandemic' and I think of countless infected, full hospitals, etc. Granted, its probably not the easiest or quickest thing to diagnose, but I feel like the common flu had more confirmed cases on my college's campus than this one does through the world.

Maybe I'm just being too lax and not considering all the unconfirmed cases, but 85 just isnt a spectacular or threatening number on the WORLD level.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old May 3, 2009, 04:57 AM Local time: May 3, 2009, 10:57 AM #41 of 59
Yeah, I too don't understand why someone would want to raise awareness of a possible pandemic to allow local authorities to prepare for handling the situation.

Do you also oppose volcano monitoring?
No, I don't oppose volcano monitoring (good comparison by the way, got you some props!) but just in case you haven't noticed yet, there is a pretty huge hysteria about a flu that is probably not any more dangerous than a common cold. It's been the same with BSE, it's been the same with SARS and it's been the same with the bird flu. Why should it be any different this time?

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old May 3, 2009, 05:38 AM Local time: May 3, 2009, 06:38 PM #42 of 59
The SARS fatality rate is around 15% to 20%. Bird flu goes as high as 60%. If you think they're "not any more dangerous than a common cold" you are severely uninformed.

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old May 3, 2009, 05:55 AM Local time: May 3, 2009, 11:55 AM #43 of 59
I guess you got my point.

When the bird flu hit the planet in 2006, scientists went as far as predicting a pandemic that could kill a large fraction of the human population. There was a huge panic, Germany even thought about cancelling the Soccer World Cup. In the end, there have been 421 cases, of which 257 resulted in death. Not exactly a serious pandemic if you ask me. Same with SARS ("we're all going to die"). And what the heck, dude, you know about the health care situation in some Asian countries just as well as I do.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old May 3, 2009, 06:02 AM Local time: May 3, 2009, 07:02 PM 1 #44 of 59
WELL GUESS WHY IT DIDN'T END UP BEING A SERIOUS PANDEMIC

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old May 3, 2009, 06:12 AM Local time: May 3, 2009, 12:12 PM #45 of 59
Because they spent billions of bucks for research and killed hundreds of millions of birds to try to contain H5N1. What exactly is your point?

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old May 3, 2009, 06:16 AM Local time: May 3, 2009, 07:16 PM #46 of 59
You're on the right track here. Now tell me, why would they bother spending "billions of bucks for research" and kill "hundreds of millions of birds"? Isn't that the "huge hysteria" you just credited for preventing a pandemic?

Most amazing jew boots
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old May 3, 2009, 06:30 AM Local time: May 3, 2009, 12:30 PM #47 of 59
Are you interested in a serious debate?

All I am saying is that it has yet to be proven that the swine flu is as dangerous as many people say it is. When I speak of "mass hysteria", why would I mean spending money for research? Of course - and I guess you know that - I was talking about some people around this planet drawing worst-case-scenarios, which I think isn't really helpful at all. I am very well aware of the fact that spending a lot of money for research can help to contain a flu, and why exactly would I oppose a move like that?

I predict that in a few weeks, nobody speaks about this anymore anyway. Sure, I might be wrong, but then again, that's just my prediction which of course I know not everyone agrees with.

FELIPE NO
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old May 3, 2009, 06:38 AM Local time: May 3, 2009, 07:38 PM #48 of 59
So what if it's yet to be proven? You've had 19 deaths in Mexico so far. That's one flag. Most of the victims were young adults. That's another flag. And most importantly, unlike avian flu, H1N1 spreads relatively easily from human to human. Adopting a "let's wait and see" attitude would simply be retarded.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2009, 06:46 AM Local time: May 3, 2009, 01:46 PM #49 of 59
The true danger of swine flu has not yet been proven, as there is still a lot of debate going on as to how strong the virus is after it moved from pigs to people. Yes, people have died in Mexico, but you do have to take into account that a lot of the victims waited to see a doctor or couldn't afford medication. The only thing that is really worrying at the moment is the incredibly fast rate at which it spreads, not on how lethal it is. Even so, the chances of another Spanish flu, were death rates of 1000 people a day were not uncommon, are pretty slim.

I do agree that measures need to be taken, but panic needs to be avoided. Closing down entire school districts (Texas), killing every pig in the country (Egypt) come of as too drastic. I even saw a woman walking around with a fucking mouthmask yesterday, something I never expected to see outside of hospitals and Japan (and gave me quite a startle actually).

Last edited by Peter; May 3, 2009 at 06:48 AM.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2009, 06:56 AM Local time: May 3, 2009, 07:56 PM #50 of 59
Haha, our University just required us to post our temperatures to a special website every freaking day...

I wonder what happens if I self-report 39 degrees

How ya doing, buddy?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Swine Flu - We're all going to die