Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Mac OSX and my programs

Echo
tagged~

Member 1728

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 08:28 PM #1 of 4
Mac OSX and my programs

I'm going to buy a MacBook pretty soon, since I'm tired of these Window's boxes BSODing and just plain being a pain in the ass.

I'm a web designer, so I use programs like Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator CS2 along with Macromedia/Adobe Flash MX 2004. Will I have to get new installers (since I don't exactly have the CDs or anything)? Or will my installers and ISOs that I've acquired work on an Intel Mac?

Also, whats the deal with Adobe's CS2 programs not running under the Intel architecture? Rosetta? I'm lost here. Can someone elaborate on this?

I assume I have to either buy, or find my programs for OS X. Like, I'm aware Microsoft has an office for OS X, but I assume I have to find it for Mac, correct?

One last thing. Where would I go about finding programs for Mac, and what're your recommendations?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 09:48 PM #2 of 4
I'm going to buy a MacBook pretty soon, since I'm tired of these Window's boxes BSODing and just plain being a pain in the ass.

I'm a web designer, so I use programs like Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator CS2 along with Macromedia/Adobe Flash MX 2004. Will I have to get new installers (since I don't exactly have the CDs or anything)? Or will my installers and ISOs that I've acquired work on an Intel Mac?

Also, whats the deal with Adobe's CS2 programs not running under the Intel architecture? Rosetta? I'm lost here. Can someone elaborate on this?

I assume I have to either buy, or find my programs for OS X. Like, I'm aware Microsoft has an office for OS X, but I assume I have to find it for Mac, correct?
- Yes you'll need to get the Mac-specific versions of software, however you do that,
- Rosetta (the PPC to x86 translator,) works pretty good from what I've seen (installing and using Office 2004,) but will yield slightly to somewhat noticeable slower performance than running them natively (obviously,)
- and Yes (you realize that you asked what was essentially the same question twice, right.)

You could have just spent like, a half hour, at most, doing some basic searching on google to get the same answers, you know.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Little Shithead; Jan 31, 2007 at 09:57 PM.
Echo
tagged~

Member 1728

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 09:59 PM #3 of 4
When I've googled, I get reviews. Just wondering if you guys could help out. Sorry if you don't want to. Not like I'm forcing you, just asking. Sorry about that.

Office and Adobe products aren't the same, therefore it's not the same question. I was just wondering if there were any exceptions. I guess not. Thanks for clearing that up.

Another thing: Are the 'Home' and 'End' keys on my keyboard, that I've become so fond of, a Windows thing? I've never thought about it, but on Mac laptop keyboard I haven't seen them. ;_;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 10:14 PM #4 of 4
On a Mac laptop, Home, End, Page Down, Page Up are all done with FN + up, down, left and right keys.

With CS2 and such, Adobe released a paper about a year ago announcing their plans with the Intel transition and stated that the next major version would be Universal applications, and that they tested their programs to see if they worked with Rosetta, and nothing else. According to them, their products should work just fine under rosetta.

And sorry I came off the way I did, but I kinda have a point. This stuff has been out for enough time for things to be well documented and it takes just a good set of search terms to find it. I'm not saying I won't help (and like anything I've ever said ever stopped anyone else, too,) with what knowledge I've got, but I'm just sayin'.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Mac OSX and my programs