Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Roninon

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 08:17 PM #1 of 12
Hmm, some of the muscular work isn't too bad. Although much of the shading doesn't make sense at all. I also do not like the Internet Short hand in dialogue for something that's suppose to be serious, like "Now You R Gunna Die!" Just sticks out.

Although I see you are trying to integrate the net element into the way you layout your comic, I just think since this is suppose to be long form type of narrative, 4 panel just isn't very suitable, and its restricting the type of presentation style that you could have use.

Post your comic directly here for critque next time. If you are only posting links to your site, it kinda runs the risk of being site pimping.

...Although I don't foreseeing you contributing much here in the future at all, please prove me wrong.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Magi; Jul 6, 2006 at 10:19 PM.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:04 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 09:04 PM #2 of 12
Well, its not so much of an issue of how many panel, but rather the type of format that you used. I would much rather see a "full page format" as in, regular comic book type of format, rather then what it looks like a Sunday paper cartoon's format. For long form narrative, I think it is the type of framing and layout that you could have utilized makes it easier to present the story more effectively.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 03:13 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 01:13 AM #3 of 12
Well, it is a question that you'll have to ask yourself, what are you doing this for? Are you trying to challenge your ablities? Are you trying to entertain others? or do you simply want something to work on? I see you are pimping your site already, but I think since there really isn't anyone there to actually following something regioursely, you could just take your time and do what you would like to see. I think that's probably the most important part.

And if you produce quality stuff that people enjoy, naturally there will be people that sticks around even with moderate promotion, word of mouth is important.

Take some time to think through and plan out the pages and panel placement, camera angles and how the character will look. If people were to enjoy comic, not just a good story will do, the visual presentation must be compelling in a long form narrative.

Large panel create more impact, in order to oriented your reader, you must first set up the scene. (Panel 1) The dynamic between each panel are important. As you have the big impacted statement "you Bastard, You kill my son!", the reader might also want to gouge the reaction of the character in which is accuse of such crime, we move the camera to a close up to the character in straw hat ( panel 2). The scene continued, we get a little bit more proclamation on the part of the assilnent we see as the strawhat character turn to look at the attacker, and we moved to the last panel, seeing a big impact image and close up from our attention to that of the attacker.

A lot of paneling and scene setup for comic book isn't so different from that of movies, it might take some thinking at first though, but it become more intuitive later on.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Magi; Jul 7, 2006 at 03:22 AM.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:25 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 09:25 PM #4 of 12
Hey, even a good professional comic book artist would need a Editor. :3

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Roninon