Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] PaRappa the Rapper PSP

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 03:05 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 11:05 PM #1 of 12
PaRappa the Rapper PSP

Further strenghtening the "port" in "Portable", Sony is working on a remake of another PS1 cult classic, but that's okay since this is actually great news!

Everyone knows Parappa, the lovable original rythm action hero, and soon (this winter) everyone will be able to enjoy his charms on a PSP near you.

Standard PSP extras such as wireless multiplayer are bound to be included, but looking at the screenshots, everything looks like it should. Not surprisingly, no word as of yet of a US/European release, but we shall wait and see.

Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 03:29 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 09:29 PM #2 of 12
Prince Flea-swallow's stage wins the prizes for best tune in a game ever and most obvious drugs reference in a SCEE product ever too.

I'll certainly be buying this is the ever bring it over here (2009 probably, bastards). It's one of the greatest games of all time.

Most amazing jew boots
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 05:20 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 05:20 PM #3 of 12
I remember there was a demo of Parappa the Rapper in this Spyro game I had on the Playstation when I was little.

It was the Onion, I never got past the Onion Master.

It'd be nice to replay this game and beat it to conquer those old memories.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 06:03 PM #4 of 12
This game better have some extras.

In fact, the only way it'd be worth it is if they included Parappa 1&2 and Um Jammer Lammy on 1 UMD.

I mean, I've played these games to death already, and Parappa 1 has only like, 5 stages total.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 05:20 PM #5 of 12
Even if its just Parappa one, I think this title is most definitely worth every penny. Its a port, but its one of those ports that are good ports! Like, the ports that people will actually want, you know?

I'm pretty sure I read that there would be some sort of extras somewhere too.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 05:24 PM #6 of 12
I've never played the original Parappa let alone 2 or 3 and I only liked the first song from Umjammer Lammy. I'll have to download the OST to see if I'm going to like the Parappa songs. Hopefully I'll like rapping as much as guitar strumming.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:01 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 02:01 PM #7 of 12
FINALLY. A reason to not kick a field goal with my PSP in the future. For right now Me and My Katamari are doing the trick just fine, but in the future I'm gonna need something other than remakes to keep me going.

FELIPE NO
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 04:31 PM #8 of 12
Parappa the Rapper was awesome. I had a copy of the game a few years back, but it got wrecked... so as a result, I may have to purchase this game, just to remember what it was like.

Kick punch... lol

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Pietak
HEY!!!

Member 1652

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:54 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 06:54 PM #9 of 12
Pff. Kick punch. Give me a break! More like Stop, turn, and signal to the left!
Are they planning on using a Memory Stick mount meathod, or is this going to be released via UMD? Hmmmm.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Love it.
xMxEdGaRx
Carob Nut

Member 13752

Level 6.55

Oct 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:34 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 01:34 PM #10 of 12
This game better to get new features and even new songs, if not, I'll play it when the official PSOne emulator get done...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 12:54 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2007, 08:54 PM #11 of 12
Perhaps it's time for an update in the form of an omega special exclusive preview.

Preview code of the game arrived at the office yesterday and while I'd rather wait for the promo copies, I couldn't resist still giving it a try and played up to Cheep Cheep. So far so good, it's pretty much identical with the PS1 original, apart from slightly sharper graphics and of course everything being 16:9. The videos look to be moved directly from the original game, with compression artefacts and everything. Though I personally can't remember the cutscene videos having framing like the one here.

pics:

Anyway, the new stuff can be found from Options at least. It'll give you an option between 4:3 and 16:9, which probably means the 16:9 mode is just 4:3 with bits cut off. You have ad-hoc for what could mean multiplayer, but I'm not sure yet, gamesharing for probably sending minigames to another PSP, like with LocoRoco, and more interestingly, song downloads. I have no idea what kinda of songs they'll be putting up and what quality they'll be, but the mind boggles at the possibilities. Lammy tracks? Parappa 2? Original songs? Fan created songs? D:

moar pics:

Either way, the main game works fine and the replay data saving function is nice, even if it stupidly only works in the main game and not when you select to play an individual level to better your score =/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; May 20, 2007 at 03:59 AM.
^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 02:51 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2007, 02:51 PM #12 of 12
zomg :OOOOOOOOO

Most amazing jew boots
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] PaRappa the Rapper PSP