Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

FTP software on Mac?

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 03:08 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 05:08 AM #1 of 6
FTP software on Mac?

Any good free ftp software on the mac?

I use smartftp on the PC, but it is only windows

I found Fetch FTP, but its only a 15 day trial. :/

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3

Last edited by avanent; Aug 30, 2006 at 03:12 PM.
Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 03:34 PM #2 of 6
Back in the system 7.x days, Fetch was the de-facto free ftp client for the Mac. Not anymore.

I use Transmit or ncftp at the command-line. Transmit is shareware, ncftp is free. Cyberduck is free, and supports sftp. Fugu is a good free sftp only client. RBrowser Lite is another free ftp only client.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
---
killmoms
Professional Mac-head

Member 277

Level 15.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 02:46 PM #3 of 6
Transmit is the only FTP app you need on OS X. Pirate it if you really have to. I have, but as soon as I get my job, I'm going to buy my own copy. Panic Software is a great little Mac software house and they make some of the best OS X shareware out there. Transmit is no exception. Their newsreader "Unison" is similarly excellent.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
killmoms - Well, don't really.
Makin' trailers er'ry day.
Zukan
Carob Nut

Member 1321

Level 5.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 02:16 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 09:16 PM #4 of 6
Besides Transmit, there's a really good client I use called "Yummy FTP". There's a considerable improvement in speed compared to Transmit, when transferring loads of small files. It seems to put them all together in one big package instead of concentrating on one file at a time. The client itself however takes a lot longer to start, good thing the splash image looks kinda neat

How ya doing, buddy?
Chankoro?
DBCE Slayer
Witness the POWER!!!

Member 779

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:03 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 09:03 AM #5 of 6
Originally Posted by Zukan
Besides Transmit, there's a really good client I use called "Yummy FTP". There's a considerable improvement in speed compared to Transmit, when transferring loads of small files. It seems to put them all together in one big package instead of concentrating on one file at a time. The client itself however takes a lot longer to start, good thing the splash image looks kinda neat
I use Yummy FTP and it works for me very well. When I saw the icon for the program, I found it cool and it's the only FTP that works extremely well for my iMac.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > FTP software on Mac?