Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Guild Wars Chapter 3: Nightfall

Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 12:00 PM #1 of 51
Guild Wars Chapter 3: Nightfall

New Thread for new game.

Originally Posted by guildwars.com
July 18, 2006 (BELLEVUE, WA) — ArenaNet®, developer of the world's leading subscription-free online roleplaying games Guild Wars® and Guild Wars FactionsTM, and NCsoft® Corporation, the world's leading developer and publisher of online computer games, announce today the title of the next game in the award-winning franchise, Guild Wars NightfallTM. Further, Guild Wars Nightfall has entered the beta testing stage and Guild Wars players worldwide are invited to participate in an exclusive, first-look player-versus-player (PVP) event, July 28 — 30, 2006.

During the PVP Preview Event, both Guild Wars and Guild Wars Factions® players will get a first look at Guild Wars Nightfall, and will be able to try out the two new professions being introduced in the game; the Dervish, a scythe-wielding holy warrior, and the Paragon, guardian angel of the Elonian people. In addition to testing out the new professions and arenas, players will also be able to compete for items that will be exchangeable for a variety of rewards throughout the weekend event.

The Guild Wars Nightfall PVP Preview event will kick off on Friday, July 28 at 12:01am PDT and will continue through Sunday, July 30 at 11:59pm PST.

Guild Wars, an instant bestseller worldwide upon its release in April 2005, and Guild Wars Factions, the number one game in both North America and Europe earlier this year, are global online roleplaying games. Guild Wars Nightfall will continue the tradition of inviting players to immerse themselves in an epic storyline centered in a vibrant fantasy setting, build personalized characters, compete in head-to-head battles with players from around the world, and find adventure in missions and quests, in a Guild Wars game unlike any players have seen before.

Quote:
Guild Wars Nightfall Exclusive Profile Preview - The Paragon and the Dervish Professions

The Paragon
The paragon isn't meant to be a frontline fighter. Instead, the paragon is best suited in a support role as a battle commander, capable of supporting teammates by throwing spears and using verbal chants and shouts that can boost the fighting abilities of those nearby. And the paragon's angelic nature isn't just aesthetic, as this profession's presence can help teammates resist hexes and other curses.

It's easy to identify paragons on the battlefield, thanks to their angelic look. Even the paragon's armor is saintly in appearance, thanks to the incorporation of ivory and mother of pearl in its materials. And if that weren't enough, a paragon's metal armor usually has the form of wings engraved in it. It's no wonder that the Elonians in the game believe that paragons are guardian angels sent by the gods to serve as champions for the people.
Quote:
The Dervish
If the paragon is best while standing back from a fight, the dervish is at home in the heart of one. These holy warriors are capable of striking at multiple targets simultaneously with their wicked scythes. Of course, they're armed with a whirling, spinning attack that's perfect for when in the middle of a bunch of foes. Dervishes can also cast spells on themselves that aid in their assault, and the profession has various healing and protection abilities as well. The profession's most powerful ability, however, is to temporarily transform into the physical embodiment of a god.

Since the profession is part warrior and part priest, dervishes are clad in robes rather than armor. Protection comes mainly from the dervish's agility in battle, as well as the various protection enhancements and spells. In addition to the robe, dervishes are equipped with bracers on their arms, and they're constantly hooded to show their humility to their gods.
Well, this is alot of info to take in. Nightfall comes with 2 new professions, and they both sound like offshoots of the 'paladin' from other games. Warrior preists.

Either way, I'm gona play in this pvp Beta thing to give both new classes a shot.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Prinnydood
Good Chocobo

Member 208

Level 15.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 01:09 PM #2 of 51
Hey yea those sounds like pretty cool classes...I'm not really playin GW anymore and never even got Factions but I'll try this one out on the 28th anyway.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 01:30 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 08:30 PM #3 of 51
Ah good, more money to spent on a game I barely play anymore.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 04:30 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 03:30 PM #4 of 51
We'll see how this turns out. It might drag me back in and it might not.

*waiting for the obligatory Kitty posting alpha impressions post*

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Lacerta; Jul 18, 2006 at 04:40 PM.
Excrono
HD-497

Member 141

Level 14.84

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 06:56 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 05:56 PM #5 of 51
I thought this wasn't going to be out until early 2007, but it looks as if it will be out sooner than that if the Factions preview was any indication. The new classes sound great, and hopefully will be a bit more durable.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 07:01 PM #6 of 51
They are planning on releasing 2 chapters a year, so expect Nightfall to be released between halloween and christmas

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Kitty
Five-Year-Old Boy

Member 890

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:16 PM #7 of 51
Originally Posted by Lacerta
We'll see how this turns out. It might drag me back in and it might not.

*waiting for the obligatory Kitty posting alpha impressions post*
Actually, because I'm in alpha, I'm not allowed to talk about anything because of the NDA. :X

Everything is super top secret!

FELIPE NO
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:01 AM #8 of 51
Some new info about the upcomming nightfall.

Originally Posted by www.guildwars.com
August 1, 2006 (BELLEVUE, WA) — ArenaNet® and NCsoft® today announced a brand new retail package which will soon give Guild Wars® players their first look inside the exciting upcoming release, Guild Wars NightfallTM. The announcement comes on the heels of the Guild Wars Nightfall PVP Preview Event where players were able to create characters using the new Nightfall professions.

The Guild Wars Nightfall Prerelease Bonus Pack is expected to hit store shelves on September 15 and will feature:

* Guild Wars "Play Now" key for a 10-hour/14-day trial* of Guild Wars PropheciesTM and Guild Wars FactionsTM.
* Guild Wars Nightfall Bonus Key, providing one additional character slot for a Guild Wars Nightfall account, as well as two exclusive items for the new professions—a Firey Sunspear of Shelter for the Paragon and an Icy Soulbreaker of Enchanting for the Dervish
* Mini strategy guide, concept art, screenshots, in-game renders of characters and items, preview trailer, wallpapers, lore, quick reference card, music, and more!

Guild Wars Nightfall takes place on the continent of Elona, Land of the Golden Sun. It is a nation comprised of three great provinces; The island province of Istan is the home of a vibrant people who live among the monuments of an ancient empire. The military province of Kourna, under the command of its great leader, Warmarshal Varesh, hugs the shores of the mighty river Elon. And in the rugged lands to the north, the Princes of Vabbi rule from their opulent citadels. Elona is a land of wealth and power, protected by its champions, the Order of the Sunspears. In Guild Wars Nightfall, Elona has fallen under the shadow of an evil, outcast god. Against the encroaching desolation of an infernal realm, the people of Elona will need more than a hero to save them, they will need a hero to lead them. . .for nightfall is at hand.

Guild Wars, an instant bestseller worldwide upon its release in April 2005, and Guild Wars Factions, the number one game in both North America and Europe earlier this year, are global online roleplaying games. Guild Wars Nightfall continues the tradition of inviting players to immerse themselves in an epic storyline centered in a vibrant fantasy setting, build personalized characters, and find adventure in missions and quests. This a Guild Wars game unlike any players have seen before.

Most amazing jew boots

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:14 AM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 06:14 PM #9 of 51
Haha, I was just about to post that Turbo.

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 01:53 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 08:53 PM #10 of 51
In-game cinematic available: ftp://ftp.guildwars.com/movies/gwn-i...inematic01.zip

How ya doing, buddy?
MTGNecro
A family man: Be one.

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 03:27 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 01:27 PM #11 of 51
Damnit! I have not even gotten Factions yet....my computer is at my dad's getting upgraded....DAMNIT!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I forgot my old sig...
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 01:35 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 08:35 PM #12 of 51
27 October will be the release date of this new expansion.

Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 07:52 PM #13 of 51
Originally Posted by guildwars.com
September 12, 2006 (BELLEVUE, WA) – Announced today by ArenaNet®, developer of the wildly-popular franchise Guild Wars®, the studio's latest game Guild Wars NightfallTM will make its debut in a massive event open to anyone and everyone who would like to play. The event will take place September 22, 2006, beginning at 12:01am PDT and running through September 24, 2006 at 11:59pm PDT.

The Guild Wars Nightfall World Preview Event will feature previews of the new environments, new missions, and new battle arenas. The event will allow players to create Nightfall-specific characters from the six core professions as well as the two new NightfallTM professions, the Dervish and the Paragon, and try out new Nightfall skills. The entire Istani province of the new realm Elona will be open for player exploration, and players will be able to view the first Nightfall in-game cinematics. In addition, two new arenas will make their debut, the Sunspear Arena and Churranu Island.

For an added bonus, the November 2006 issue of PC Gamer magazine, due in stores a week before the event, boasts a Guild Wars Nightfall cover story, and includes an access key for an exclusive, in-game, Gray Giant miniature. The Gray Giant will be useable during the World Preview Event, and then may be reactivated with a Guild Wars Nightfall account upon release.
So, who's planning on playing it durring the weekend?

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:28 AM Local time: Sep 14, 2006, 05:28 PM #14 of 51
I will be playing, fo' sho.

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 03:25 AM #15 of 51
Will Nightfall require a new account?
Or can I use the same account and key from Guild Wars (+ Factions)?

FELIPE NO
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 03:33 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2006, 01:33 AM #16 of 51
When you've purchased Nightfall, the Nightfall campaign should be added automatically on to your account as well as two more character slots. This is based on the assumption that it works much like buying Factions to add on to Prophecies (or vice-versa) and you're paying for it at the online store (I'm not sure if the CD will allow the account merger).

How ya doing, buddy?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 07:33 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2006, 02:33 PM #17 of 51
Originally Posted by gaming
Will Nightfall require a new account?
Or can I use the same account and key from Guild Wars (+ Factions)?
Obviously you can merge.

Kenichi
Chocobo

Member 349

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 03:13 PM Local time: Sep 16, 2006, 03:13 PM #18 of 51
A new expansion? Already? I'm not even halfway through the original and I've had it for over a year.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Excrono
HD-497

Member 141

Level 14.84

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 06:33 PM Local time: Sep 16, 2006, 05:33 PM #19 of 51
After seeing the new login screen, I must say that if those graphics (and the trailer) are any indication, Nightfall is going to be really good. I was also impressed by the sitar driven preview piece, which is hopefully reflective of the entire soundtrack being composed in more of an Indian/Middle Eastern style, just as Factions featured minimalist Asian pieces, which I was kind of indifferent to personally.

And getting this will be really easy with the online store, who needs packaging anyway?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Excrono; Sep 16, 2006 at 06:35 PM.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 08:46 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 03:46 AM #20 of 51
Even though the Guild Wars server seems to be pretty unstable right now and had problems logging in I must admit the new main screen looks great. I love the new musical theme. I can get the game for 35 Euros at some online shop, so I'll get this expansion for sure.

Even when I won't finish it, like always.

Kitty
Five-Year-Old Boy

Member 890

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 09:42 AM #21 of 51
Yeah Grawl, you will log in for a couple days, message me once in a while, and then never come back again.
All of your characters are half played. I hope the PvE part of chapter three will be better than chapter two, otherwise it's going to be really painful to get all of my characters through it. ~_~

Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:11 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 10:11 AM #22 of 51
Originally Posted by Grawl
Even though the Guild Wars server seems to be pretty unstable right now and had problems logging in I must admit the new main screen looks great. I love the new musical theme. I can get the game for 35 Euros at some online shop, so I'll get this expansion for sure.

Even when I won't finish it, like always.

Will you even log in >=0

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 02:25 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 09:25 PM #23 of 51
Originally Posted by Kitty
Yeah Grawl, you will log in for a couple days, message me once in a while, and then never come back again.
Because no one plays with me

Most amazing jew boots
Kenichi
Chocobo

Member 349

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 02:35 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 02:35 PM #24 of 51
Originally Posted by Grawl
Because no one plays with me
Same thing here. I just reached the snow place after evacuating the ruins of the first part of the game, I just don't play because I'm tired of having to team up with total strangers who leave the game halfway through the quest.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 05:51 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 12:51 AM #25 of 51
In the original game I'm somewhere in the desert, and have no idea where to go since I skipped so many missions.
In Factions I just hit the mainland and there are just too many assassins around and I have no idea what a good As/Ra build is.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Guild Wars Chapter 3: Nightfall