Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Memory Care Patient walks out of the front door.

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:26 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 01:26 AM #1 of 15
Memory Care Patient walks out of the front door.

Paragon Gardens Located at Mission Viejo, CA. It has just come to my attention that a resident at this facility just walked out the door of Paragon Gardens. This is an Assisted Living and Memory Care facility. Memory Care patients are supposed to be in lock down because they are hazardous to them self because of their memory problems.

Can someone in that area of California confirm that this is on the news/radio? This is what we have heard so far at Corporate.

I’ve had to deal with this facility on an almost daily basis. They are always troublesome, most of the staff doesn’t speak English well enough to communicate over the phone; they have had more than one issue with the state leaning down their neck to meet state regulations because they are always understaffed. Sadly things like this happen far too often. We had a resident down in Georgia break through a window (with metal mesh on it), get out, and they have yet to find her. She also was in a Memory Care unit.

Personally I don’t ever want to be like that when I’m an old man. Locked down, treated like a baby waiting to die.

Would you ever put your parents in such a facility?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Mina
The little itch inside your mouth you keep tonguing!

Member 1314

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 07:00 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 05:00 PM #2 of 15
I listen to the news a lot on the radio when available (living in Cali myself) and I haven't heard anything about this. But if it does break out, it'll probably be around the 10pm news hour.

I do know what you mean about these kinds of troublesome facilities, lack of communication and understaffed. I volunteered a summer of helping out at these places for older people and it was very much like you described. I would never put my parents into a place like that!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dekoa
Is now the Tolkein Red Shirt.

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 10:15 PM #3 of 15
That's Interesting. I would think that a place like that would be more locked down and have better security.

As for the parents. ONly if something is seriously wrong that a Nursing home can't look over.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dekoa's Friend Quote: "You can't rape the Willing!"

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 05:40 AM #4 of 15
Thanks Devo for the information.

Dekoa, they are supposed to be in a lockdown for this very reason. They have locked fire doors that keep them inside. They aren't supposed to be able to wander out the front door.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
Dekoa

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:01 PM #5 of 15
But being understaffed just elimninates those security Measures. If someone just is psychotic, but smart enough to work doors, then they can get out easily.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 06:12 AM #6 of 15
No no no, Memory Care is for people who suffer from Alzheimer's disease and other memory related problems. It is my understanding that it is very rare for these people to be violent. These are the type of doors that are designed to keep people in. It isn't a matter of smarts, besides if they can't remember their childrens names, how do you expect them to open a locked door?

I don't think this was someone smart enough to get through a locked door. My guess is that someone just fucked up and left the area unsecured so the guy wandered out the door.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:36 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 11:36 AM #7 of 15
Perhaps it because the difference of our cultures, but chinese family like the one I have never put our elder people in some of facility. They live with us in same house till the time comes. It's just a proof we respect and love 'em much.

That's why I sometime wondering why western people dont do the same with us. But yeah, perhaps it's difference of our mindset. I dont really have problem with that though.

FELIPE NO
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:50 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 06:50 AM #8 of 15
Originally Posted by eriol
Perhaps it because the difference of our cultures, but chinese family like the one I have never put our elder people in some of facility. They live with us in same house till the time comes. It's just a proof we respect and love 'em much.

That's why I sometime wondering why western people dont do the same with us. But yeah, perhaps it's difference of our mindset. I dont really have problem with that though.
I agree. My fiances family lives like that. Her grandparents who are in their 70's live with them and help out as much as they can. My guess is that part of that is the more family oriented culture. A lot of people here just don't seem to want to be burdened with the trouble of taking care of their parents... hence why the ALF and MCC facilities are such a big business.

How ya doing, buddy?

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:17 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 10:17 PM #9 of 15
I wonder where I would go if I couldn't remember anything. I think I'd have an instinctual need to find the nearest Chipotle.

I used to work at a medical supply store and we'd get people asking for Alzheimer's aids all the time, like things to strap old people into bed and such. I hope I don't ever need that. :\

Jam it back in, in the dark.
and Brandy does her best to understand
Dekoa

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:59 PM #10 of 15
Truth Be told, I would only do that to a person if they were in severe need of it. If it was family and they didn't have a problem but can't live on their own, then I'll let them live with me as long as it doesn't get ridiculus.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 01:13 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 01:13 AM #11 of 15
My parents are workers. That's one of the main reason I need my grandma to replace my mom. Yeah she had been suffering cancer for long time. But instead of nursing her, she had nursed my sister and I more. I would be angry to my family if she had been put in some nursing facility.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
InvasorZim
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9058

Level 1.60

Jun 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 03:43 PM #12 of 15
I agree it's definitely "nicer" to take care of your own folks as long or much as possible. Sadly, that will not always be possible, depending on the condition they are in and also the situation the caretakers would be in, too. You can't work a job all day when your parents need constant help or supervision.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cherrypop
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9075

Level 3.20

Jun 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 08:26 PM #13 of 15
I once had an older man knock on my door. He was lost and had no idea how to get home. I called the police and invited him in. The police found his ID on his keychain, and were able to call his daughter to come and get him.

She was very grateful.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 09:33 PM #14 of 15
I wouldn't dare let anybody I know stay in a place like this! If not having enough staff is an issue, they should either hire more people or transfer the patients to places where people can watch them. I think it's a disgrace for something like this to happen!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Memory Care Patient walks out of the front door.