Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Soluzar's Journal

Soluzar's Journal Statistics
View Soluzar's profile
Entries 16 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 7497
Replies Soluzar has made 418 comments [view stats]
Comments 96 comments (6 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 6 props given to Soluzar [who be proppin?]
Buddies 10 buddies
Relation You are not Soluzar's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Apr 14, 2008 - 01:51 PM
360 games, batch #01
After listening to the recommendations of the GFF members who commented in my journal and of various other friends and acquaintances, I decided to splash out on a selection of 360 games.

My usual modus operandi with regards to videogame purchases is to wait for either a price drop or a used copy of the games I'm interested in. I don't generally pay more than £30.00 (currently ~$60.00 American) for any title, no matter how good. My purchasing decisions were partically motivated by this. I can always get other games later on, when their price drops.

With that said, here are my latest acquisitions. With only one exception they are for the 360, and without exception they are used but in excellent condition.

The Orange Box

I've actually played this on the PC, but I prefer to play games on a console. I heard the PS3 version may not be the way to go, and to be honest this is one of the very titles that made me interested in putting a 360 alongside my PS3.

Portal is just too damn awesome. I don't think anyone can disagree with that statement. Even Ben "Yatzhee" Croshaw of Zero Punctuation found nothing bad to say about it. What other games can say this? I would have bought Portal as a standalone game.

Lost Odyssey

It's an RPG. Specifically it is a JRGP, which I tend to enjoy. The current generation of consoles has few enough that I'm inclined to buy them all, for now.

Seriously though, it actually looks good, and I'm astounded by the fact that it appears to come on four dual-layered DVDs, which means it requires about 32 GB of space for all the content.

Viva Pinata

It's the strangest game on the 360, therefore I want it. I probably own (or at least pirated) the strangest game you can think of for every console I ever played.

It could be fun, why not? It sounds silly, but it also sounds like it could be a great game to play when I'm just not in the mood for something so serious.

Blue Dragon
Kameo

I'm not gonna lie, I'm putting faith in GFF here. People recommended these, and even though based on reviews I didn't expect them to be great, I'm inclined to go with recommendations which appear to have been made with a genuine attempt to understand my tastes.

I can't say anything about these. I'm just going with what I was told, with the hope of a pleasant surprise. I'll post in due course regarding my impressions.

They were cheap, at least. Very cheap.

Folklore

Simply put, I read a review and it seems like the most interesting thing on PS3 right now. I'm just not interested in Gears of Duty 3, or whatever other first person shooter is the current hot item. Some people hate RPGs, they just can't appreciate them. That's how I feel about shooters. There is maybe one exception a year.

This on the other hand sounds like a game of adventure and discovery, with a healthy dose of mystery thown in. I like a good mystery, and I'm hoping to enjoy this game. It seems like a bit of a dungeon-crawler with action/platform elements, which... sounds damn good to me.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #13 of 16]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Soluzar's Journal