Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal

Stuff.

Rockgamer's Journal Statistics
View Rockgamer's profile
Entries 386 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 136816
Replies Rockgamer has made 3260 comments [view stats]
Comments 2827 comments (7.32 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 83 props given to Rockgamer [who be proppin?]
Buddies 40 buddies
Relation You are not Rockgamer's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Sep 28, 2007 - 10:18 PM
Overload
Just got through watching Moonlight, and it was actually good. I'm pretty surprised by that, since everyone has basically just been dismissing this as an Angel ripoff. There's no doubt about it that it is in some regards, but it has a more realistic feel than Angel does (the only real supernatural element so far has been just the vampires themselves), which makes it somewhat different. Can't say for sure that I'll stick with it for the rest of the season (it's too early to tell that for any new show), but I'll definitely be giving it another chance (though not live anymore, since Friday Night Lights comes back on next week, which was one of my favorite new shows from last season).

Now for some other new shows I've been able to watch. I still haven't fully caught up with everything yet, but I'm pretty close.

I guess I'll start off with Reaper. I thought it was pretty awesome, though admittedly, it seemed kinda similar to Chuck. Not that it's a bad thing, since I thought Chuck was awesome as well, but hopefully they both manage to differentiate themselves from each other further in the season. If I was stating what it did better than Chuck though, I would say it has the better cast. I've always been a fan of Bret Harrison (I loved him on Grounded for Life, and I'm probably one of the only people who actually watched The Loop), Ray wise is awesome as Satan, and the rest of the cast is great as well (especially the best friend, because dog abuse will always score you points in my book).

The one problem I would say it had, in this pilot anyway, was pacing. I didn't watch it live, but even I could tell that the way they transitioned to different scenes was kinda terrible. I could still follow the plot, but it just seemed really janky at some points (and not that this is the show's fault, but the torrent I downloaded actually had a set of commercials in it; wtf?).

Next, I'll go with Bionic Woman. Again I thought this show was pretty good as well, though it didn't instantly grab me. I can see it getting better, which is why I'll stick with it for a while, but the pilot just didn't grab me like I thought it would. Basically, all the best parts so far was everything they showed in the commercials. That's why I'm hoping that once I see more new material, the show will grow on mr more.

Then there's Dirty Sexy Money, which is still the most stupidest titled show of the new season, if not ever. This was better than I thought it would be, and I'm intruiged by certain aspects of it, but it could definitely improve in some parts. I've heard some people say this show was like 'Brothers and Sisters on crack', and I guess I can somewhat see that. Maybe, like Brothers and Sisters, this will turn out to be a show where it was pretty average at first, but gets better and better with each episode (I barely stuck with B&S at first, but by the end of the season it was one of my favorite new shows of last season).

Finally, there's Big Shots. I would just say this show was alright so far. Like Back to You, this show seems more star driven than quality driven (I'm not even gonna lie, I wouldn't even had watched this show if it wasn't for three actors from some of my favorite shows being on here: Christopher Titus (Titus), Dylan McDermott (The Practice), and Michael Vartan (Alias)), so it's not exactly gonna be perfect. The plot was alright for what it is though (a show about rich white guys, which I'm not exactly in the demographic for), and of course the actors do a good job playing their parts (though I have to admit, of the four principle actors, the one I like the best was Joshua Malina, who is the one I've never even heard of).

The only other new show that's aired so far and I haven't watched yet is Life, though I have it downloaded and ready to watch. There just aren't enough hours in the week, though (I think I'm being assraped now, but once everything kicks into full gear I'm really gonna be fucked). In addition to that, I also need to catch up on Ugly Betty (it comes on at the same time as Survivor, which sucks because I basically have to choose between my mom (who I watch Survivor with) and my sister (who I watch Ugly Betty with); I'm not a fan of watching reality after they've aired though, as I'm too tempted to just look up who got voted out or whatever), along with some *cough*wrestling*cough* (hey, we all have our guilty pleasures).

But for now, the brunt of it is over now, though that's not much consolation since, for now anyway, I'm sticking with most of the shows I watched (the only one I've really "dropped" so far is K-Ville). There are still some late starters I need to watch (most notably Aliens in America, Pushing Daisies, and Samantha Who?), but for now I've seen just about every new show that has come on so far this season.

Currently Playing: Nothing...yet

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #201 of 386]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal