Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal

Stuff.

Rockgamer's Journal Statistics
View Rockgamer's profile
Entries 386 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 136818
Replies Rockgamer has made 3260 comments [view stats]
Comments 2827 comments (7.32 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 83 props given to Rockgamer [who be proppin?]
Buddies 40 buddies
Relation You are not Rockgamer's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Sep 14, 2008 - 12:22 PM
This is not Sparta
300th entry 'sup. Too bad that has nothing else to do with the content of this entry.

It's that time of the year again, when a TV addict such as myself shifts into high gear in anticipation of all the new and returning shows coming this season. And because of that, you know it's time for me to write about these new shows in my journal, because I have nothing else better to do. So here are my thoughts on the first batch of new shows I've watched this season.

Raising the Bar - So this is the new legal drama from Steven Bochco that airs on TNT. I'm always a sucker for a good legal drama, so of course I tuned in to see how it was. It wasn't bad by any means, but it didn't have anything there to grab me either. Usually what ends up making or breaking the show is its characters, and despite the fact that the show has plenty of people I know from other shows, the characters they play are kinda generic and boring. The only one worth giving a damn about is the judge played by Jane Kaczmarek, because she plays the angry bitch part awesomely well. As for whether or not I'll stick with this one, that's up in the air. I hope that it gets better, but more than likely it could end up being like every other TNT drama that's not The Closer and end up sucking.

Sons of Anarchy - So if it isn't painfully obvious from the first five minutes of the show, FX is gearing this show up to be The Shield's replacement. Unfortunately for them, this show is nowhere near as good as that one. The show has it's moments, and some of the characters are pretty awesome (Katey Segal's character in particular), but it just reeks of trying to copy The Shield's grittiness at times. You could almost say this is The Shield, just from the perspective of one of the gangs rather than of the police. It hasn't grabbed me enough to say that I'll definitely keep watching, so I'm really on the fence about this one.

Do Not Disturb - More like Do Not Watch. Seriously, this show is pretty terrible. I laughed a couple of times throughout the whole first episode, but by no means does that even mean the show is mildly funny. I can't believe FOX cancelled Back to You for this crap. Hell, I can't believe FOX cancelled The Return of Jezebel James for this crap. It's that terrible. Definitely the frontrunner for the worst new show of the season. The only reason I even watched in the first place is because Jerry O'Connell is in it, and I've loved him ever since he was in Sliders. Man, Sliders was awesome.

Fringe - And now going from complete crap to complete awesomeness. I must admit that this show wasn't really that big on my radar at first. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of J.J. Abrams other shows (hell, I own Alias: The Complete Series on DVD), but nothing I heard about it really grabbed me. The consensus I had been getting was that it seemed like some kind of X-Files knockoff. It wasn't until about a week before it came on that I started seeing some interesting commercials for it and I actually looked at the cast list that I started to get kinda excited for it. That at least made me give it a chance, and boy am I glad I did. It may be pretty early in the season, but this show definitely has a chance of being the best new show of the season. Just imagine the mystery and sci-fi of Lost combined with the action and suspense of Alias and you'll get a picture of what this show is like. It's just totally awesome, and definitely deserves to at least be given a chance.

So that's all the new shows I've watched from the past two weeks. This is just barely scratching the surface though, as most networks haven't really started up their new seasons yet (ABC in particular, which is starting the majority of its stuff in early October). From what I've seen of the other new shows, I can't really say anything jumps out at me enough to get me terribly excited, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Currently Playing: I should be watching Sliders

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #300 of 386]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal