Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal

Stuff.

Rockgamer's Journal Statistics
View Rockgamer's profile
Entries 386 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 136820
Replies Rockgamer has made 3260 comments [view stats]
Comments 2827 comments (7.32 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 83 props given to Rockgamer [who be proppin?]
Buddies 40 buddies
Relation You are not Rockgamer's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Oct 10, 2008 - 09:09 PM
Almost done
Watching all these new shows, that is. Here's the latest batch I watched.

The Mentalist - I was actually kinda excited for this show, as the commercials made it look pretty interesting, but boy was I disappointed. The show turned out to be like five minutes of awesomeness from the commercials and then twenty minutes of THE MOST BORING PROCEDURAL I'VE EVER SEEN. I say twenty minutes because that's how long I could watch before I just turned it off. Seriously, there's already about ten other shows on CBS like this one, and even more if you add in other networks, so what need was there to make this? Seriously, all these shows are starting to be the exact same thing with a slight variation. I don't even watch most of these shows, but this was just the breaking point for me, and now I'm sick of these shitty procedural shows (except for Life, which has been <3 this season). Terrible, do not recommend.

The Ex-List - This is the show about a woman whose soulmate is osmeone she's already dated, and now has one year to find out who it is and marry him or else end up single for the rest of her life. Kind of a stupid premise, I know, but it's not terrible so far. This show has the potential to be more interesting, but since this chick is such a whore it has the potential to last forever and I'm honestly not up for that. I guess this is supposed to be somewhat resolved by the fact that she has a year to find the guy, but I have a feeling they'll pull some type of bullshit on us, with a season only being equivalent to a couple of months or somehow she'll get an extension. Then again, maybe the show will suck and they'll end up ending the show after only one season, which is really all it should last (definitely the most I can take). Then again, if it's such a struggle to watch this show in the first place, maybe I shouldn't be watching it at all.

It does get props for having Milo from 24 in the first episode though, singing a hilarious song no less.

Life on Mars - The good news is that this show wasn't as terrible as I expected it to be. The bad news is that there really is no reason to watch it if you've seen the original version. It's almost a frame for frame remake except with less content and worse actors. Seriously, I got so bored watching it because it was exactly the same as the original, which I could have been watching instead if I really wanted to see it again. They're definitely gonna have to differentiate themselves from the original version if they want to make this show interesting (and if they have any plans of staying on for a while, since the original is only 16 episodes, which isn't even a full season for an American TV show).

But yeah, the actors. They seem like they're trying too hard to be like their British counterparts, except their failing at it. Jason O'Mara plays Sam Tyler way too angry, and Harvey Keitel is just plain terrible at playing Gene Hunt. Gretchen Mol is alright as Annie, but she just isn't as lovable in the role as Liz White was (which mean Tritoch probably loves her). The best two people on the show are the guys who play Chris and Ray, as they have the characters down pretty well in terms of look and peronality. Overall it may not seem that bad, but when they messed the two most important characters on the show that kinda is a problem. It won't hurt to keep watching to see how this show evolves (and eventually differentiates itself), but for now it pretty much sucks unless you haven't seen the original version (which you should just go watch instead).

And with those three down, there aren't too many new shows left I plan to watch. There's Kath & Kim and Eleventh Hour which aired last night (I just need to catch up on them), My Own Worst Enemy on Monday, and I might catch Crusoe next Friday.

Currently Playing: Life

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #305 of 386]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal