Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal

Stuff.

Rockgamer's Journal Statistics
View Rockgamer's profile
Entries 386 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 136821
Replies Rockgamer has made 3260 comments [view stats]
Comments 2827 comments (7.32 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 83 props given to Rockgamer [who be proppin?]
Buddies 40 buddies
Relation You are not Rockgamer's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Oct 20, 2008 - 10:21 PM
Let's finish this up
I've (mostly) finished watching the last batch of new shows, so this should be the last entry focusing specifically on them. I plan to make another entry sometime in the future detailing my TV schedule, including which shows I watch live and which ones I download, and giving my thoughts on how all of the shows have been this season (including returning shows).

Crusoe - I knew I wouldn't like this show, but I gave it a chance anyway. And of course, I switched it off within the first ten minutes. I'm just not a fan of this type of show, and even taking that aspect aside it didn't seem like a very well made show. It reminded me of all those crappy syndicated shows that looked exactly the same that used to air in the 90s. The ones no one even remembers now. Which is why I can't give you example. That's not to say it's completely terrible, it's just not up my alley.

Eleventh Hour - It's not really fair for me to review this since I haven't even seen it yet, but I'm honestly not sure if I want to. The plot never seemed particularly interesting, and once I found out that the guys who made Sleeper Cell (read this entry to see how I feel about them) are behind it I was definitely in no rush to watch it. Add that to the fact that it airs opposite Life on Mars, meaning I have to download it to watch it, and you see why I haven't seen it yet. So thus, no real review yet, and I'm honestly not sure if there will ever be one.

Kath & Kim - This show was exactly how I expected it to be. I knew it wasn't gonna be totally hilarious, but it would deliver enough laughs to keep me watching. Not really much to say other than that.

My Own Worst Enemy - This show just seems like it should be cool, but I had my doubts about it. After watching the first episode I was impressed, but I still have my doubts. And after watching the second episode, those doubts have pretty much been confirmed. It's basically just a generic spy show with a gimmick that can't really hold up an entire series. This could have been a pretty good movie, or maybe a miniseries, but stretching this out to a weekly series just doesn't befit it. So basically, the strength of the show totally relies on how good the spy plot is each week, and of course that's gonna be hit or miss. Unfortunately, I'm also not a fan of the casting on this show. Christian Slater is awesome in both his roles, but everyone else is just miscast. Especially baffling is Mike O'Malley, who I've never seen in a serious show and now know why. Despite all my complaints though, I'll still stick with it for a while longer, though how much longer is up to how good the show gets.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #308 of 386]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal