Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal

Stuff.

Rockgamer's Journal Statistics
View Rockgamer's profile
Entries 386 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 136885
Replies Rockgamer has made 3260 comments [view stats]
Comments 2827 comments (7.32 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 83 props given to Rockgamer [who be proppin?]
Buddies 40 buddies
Relation You are not Rockgamer's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jun 4, 2009 - 08:38 PM
And thus, it's summer
In TV terms, anyway. And that means more reviews.

Mental - It's basically a low grade-House clone focusing on psyhiatric patients. I know this without even having seen a full episode of House. I could be actually watching House instead of this low-grade clone of it, but I'm way too lazy to do that. I guess on its own merits it's not that bad, but this probably wouldn't be my first choice of show to watch if it was any time other than the summer. Also, I'm pretty sure Jacqueline McKenzie is playing the exact same character she did in The 4400.

The Goode Family - It's basically King of the Hill for hippies. If you shop at Whole Foods and always bitch about saving the Earth, then this show is right up your alley. Really though, that shit just annoys me, and hippie shit aside (which is hard to do, considering how it's entrenched into every area of the show) it's still subpar even compared to King of the Hill. If there was actually anything else on I wouldn't even bother with it, but there isn't so who knows how long I'll keep watching it.

The Listener - The series premiere is on right now, which means I haven't even seen the whole episode. Even so, it just screams The Pretender at me. Not plot-wise, but just in the feel of the show. It just seems like a low-budget show full of no-name actors that could rely on a cheap premise to last for years. Thank goodness we're in a recession though, and that probably won't happen. As for the plot, it's about some paramedic who hears people's thoughts, which is of course pretty damn generic in itself. I don't know, I'll have to watch more to see whether I like it or not.

Note: I just found out this show is from Canada. That pretty much explains everything, and probably means it will last for years.

So overall, nothing too exciting, though what can you really expect for good summer programming these days. At least Rescue Me is still going strong, and Raising the Bar (minus Mark-Paul Gosslear surfer boy haircut) comes back on next week. I'm also looking forward to checking out Dark Blue on TNT whenever that comes on, which looks like a pretty good Shield clone. And as usual, I'm waiting for reality shows to have the strongest showing, with Big Brother and Hell's Kitchen coming back later in the summer.

Currently Playing: The Listener

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #330 of 386]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal