Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Zergrinch's Journal

Zergrinch's Journal Statistics
View Zergrinch's profile
Entries 32 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 1 entries are private (3.13% of total)
Views 16860
Replies Zergrinch has made 260 comments [view stats]
Comments 213 comments (6.66 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 13 props given to Zergrinch [who be proppin?]
Buddies 20 buddies
Relation You are not Zergrinch's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Apr 29, 2009 - 12:00 PM
I'm cooking up a MegaLiterati Game
If you're reading this, you're probably familiar with Literati (a Scrabble clone), and MegaScrabble, a GFF play-by-post game created by nuttyturnip that uses a huge 41x41 board.

The game I'm cooking up is basically the same, except that it uses a design adapted from Literati rather than Scrabble.

Here is the game board that I knocked up:

Including the starting point (which is a double-word tile), this board has 1,681 slots. Of these, there are 52 double-word slots, 28 triple-word slots, 207 double-letter slots, and 130 triple-letter slots. Each of the four quadrants of the board are supposed to be identical - if this is not the case, please inform me.

To spice things up, I'm also thinking of introducing certain useful items which players can purchase. The currency we use are game points, and I'm still deciding whether to make the cost fixed (ie 20 points per blank tile) or variable (say, 2% of your total score).

This would, of course, make the game a mixture of GFF Risk and MegaScrabble. Only without the player-klling

What kind of items do I have in mind? Here's a few of them, all under consideration and the costs very much in flux.
  1. Do you have a potential bingo and lack just one pesky letter? For a fee, you can now purchase a blank wildcard tile. Yours to do with as you please! (You will end up with 15 tiles in total.)
  2. Do you have an awesome high-yielding word that would net you gazillions of points, but couldn't quite place it on the desired tile? Not to worry! Now you can procure your very own 2L, 3L, 2W, and 3W labels - put 'em where you see fit! Placing this label takes one move, so choose well.
  3. Does your opponent have a great tileset that you'd rather not have them play? Never fear, you now have access to a Tile Scrambler, which randomly messes 1d6 of their tiles!
  4. Has someone made a boneheaded move which allows another to rack up huge, huge points? You can nail this in the bud with our special Zero-value 0W and 0L Labels. Any word played across a 0w slot loses any bonus word multipliers. Any letter placed on a 0L slot acts like a blank tile - it yields zero points.
  5. Is there an opponent who's on a hot winning streak? Cash in on their luck with our special Point Replicator, which gives you up to 1d50 % of their total score for that round. The Replicator must be used before your target moves.
  6. Replicator, shmeplicator. Why not just steal points outright? Yes, friend, our very expensive Point Siphoner vacuums up 1d25 % of your unfortunate victim's score for that round. As with the Replicator, the Siphoner must be used before your target moves.
If you have an idea for an item, or think that these are too unfair, let me know!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 ejaculates)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #10 of 31]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Zergrinch's Journal