Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
wvlfpvp's Journal

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK [size=5]FUCK[/size]

wvlfpvp's Journal Statistics
View wvlfpvp's profile
Entries 719 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 4 entries are private (0.56% of total)
Views 310763
Replies wvlfpvp has made 2198 comments [view stats]
Comments 1993 comments (2.77 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 440 props given to wvlfpvp [who be proppin?]
Buddies 100 buddies
Relation You are not wvlfpvp's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Mar 17, 2011 - 06:23 PM
Star Wars and mythology question
What aspect of Loki is Luke supposed to be? I mean, you don't name someone Luke Skywalker without intending the connection to be made.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #595]

Mar 3, 2011 - 10:11 PM
Cat picture

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #594]

Feb 25, 2011 - 05:29 PM
Let's not kill Ke$ha
Let's just kill Dr. Luke. Then she won't have any music to "sing" over, and neither will 3/4 of the artists currently enjoying pop success.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #593]

Feb 18, 2011 - 07:23 PM
Is this Marxist?
You know how the most religious people in the country are some of the most patriotic?

Yeah, just saying.

Also, what's with atheists who are just as zealous in their anti-religious preaching as their religious counterparts are for whatever deity that they believe in? Yeah.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #592]

Feb 8, 2011 - 11:11 PM
I dreamed a dream of times gone by........

Yeah, I got nothing.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #591]

Feb 4, 2011 - 06:15 PM
Pandora recommendation of one of the best assembled noise tracks I've ever heard
So. I've been listening to Pandora at work, because I don't have headphones that work with my mp3 player. One day, on a whim, I created a La Monte Young station (one of Cage's contemporaries, the godfather of drone (he wrote a piece consisting of an open fifth and the direction "to be held for a long time")). They don't have any of his music, but what came up was a bunch of really nice ambient/noise/early electronic (a lot of Brian Eno, some Popol Vuh (very nice and I must hear moar), a Throbbing Gristle track and the like). What really caught my ear was a song by David Tudor (another Cage contemporary and the pianist who premiered 4'33"): Rainforest, Version 1.

Holy shit. I don't know how long the track is, but holy shit. Really early noise music made by a classical musician, and it's intended to be danced to. It's amazing and very well put together. I haven't been able to find a copy of it yet (must get a physical copy of the cd NOW HOLY SHIT), but if you're interested, fire up your Pandora, and it should play fairly early on a La Monte Young station if you can't get it to go straight to the song. Plus there's all the other fabulousness there.

Holy shit. Also, it's too long for SAUS, so those of you with a lower tolerance for such things, don't worry.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #590]

Jan 28, 2011 - 11:42 PM
Precious Bodily Fluids

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #589]

Jan 13, 2011 - 06:15 PM
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - A Review
The best I can say for one of the best reviewed albums of 2010 is this: it's not awful. That said, it's also not that good either. There are a few fantastic tracks (Monster and Lost in the World are pretty much it, although Blame Game comes close), and some other decent ones, and then crap. Monster is fabulous, but it's mostly because Kanye broke rule #1 of featured guests on rap albums: if you're established, don't feature people who are more talented than you. Jay-Z and Nicki Minaj make the song so much more than Kanye does (I mean, when Jay-Z says "I'm a motherfuckin' monster", you believe it.)

Devil in a New Dress is a fucking mess, and not in a good way. The worst thing about this song is that the instrumental is fucking fantastic, and in the hands of a better emcee, the song would be absolutely epic. As it is, it's sloppy and boring. Gorgeous sucks donkey balls. And Power... Power is no "prog-rock epic." Just because you sample the song that created prog-rock epics doesn't make your song epic.

So yeah. Keep in mind that my tastes for rap tend toward the geeky and old-school DJ/MC 80's culture. Oh, and Big Boi. Speakerboxxx is such a fantastic rap album I just don't get how people think this album is so amazing.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #588]

Jan 6, 2011 - 03:43 PM
Addendum to best albums
Mike Patton's Mondo Cane has been this year's "holy shit guys you need to hear this shit" album. For people I know in real life.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #587]

Jan 2, 2011 - 04:16 PM
Compiling "Best Albums" lists is hard
Because most of the stuff that I hear for the first time in any given year is generally released at some point in a previous year. I was close to talking about Shrinebuilder because I enjoyed that crunchy shit so much, but, lo and behold, it's released in 2009.

So as far as albums that I heard that were actually released this year, here's a short list of my favorites in no particular order (and please notice where a lot of these things are from, too):

Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz
Completely fucking different from his earlier albums, with all sorts of silly electronic stuff, and the fantastic "Impossible Soul." Expect to see "I Want to Be Well" on SAUS this year.

Pretty much everything released by Pause this year has been great, especially if you enjoy any sort of chippage. Standouts to me have been Peer's Dances (a collection of dance-ish tunes on altered Game Boy synths), Norrin_Radd's Anomaly (which those of you who have been paying attention have heard about already, since I've already gushed about it in various places, and then Sprout went and shared it to "normal" people on facebook. Not long before I did. This is probably my favorite album of the year OF THE YEAR.), Spiny Norman's Across the milky tracks (melodic chippy fun and a nice green cover), Disasterpeace's Midnight Orphans (laid-back enhanced chiptune goodness, and probably will be represented in my SAUS noms as well), and sadnes's Fill my head (90's throwback rock with chippy roots. This one'll probably get its own entry, honestly. I enjoy it that much.) So yeah. Pause is about the only place I've regularly checked for new music and have pretty much been ravenous about listening to each album (well, the free ones. Actual money goes to other things.)

And finally, the best album released this year:

Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

With My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Kanye West made music as sprawlingly messy as his life. When he wasn't feuding with Matt Lauer or bugging out on Twitter, Kanye was building hip-hop epics, songs full of the kind of grandiose gestures that only the foolish attempt and only the wildly talented pull off. The more he piled on — string sections, Elton John piano solos, vocoder freakouts, Bon Iver cameos, King Crimson and Rick James samples — the better the music got. Never has Kanye rhymed so hilariously ("Have you ever had sex with a pharaoh?/I put the pussy in a sarcophagus") or been so insightful about his relationship-torpedoing faults. From the bracing prog-rock of "Power" to the spooky grandeur of "Runaway" to the shape-shifting "Hell of a Life," he made all other music seem dimmer and duller. Is the album dark? Sure. Twisted? Of course. But above all, it's beautiful. Kanye's cock tastes great.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #586]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
wvlfpvp's Journal