Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

So I guess I have things growing out of my neck.

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 10:38 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 09:38 PM #26 of 38
Quote:
Posted by ava lilly
from what I understood about what he was saying on the commercial, it was about how basically the FDA passed some law stating that only drugs can cure ailments and they're the only thing that can say what cures what. he went on into this analogy that he can say an orange will prevent and cure scurvy, but it's technically illegal to market an orange as the cure for scurvy due to this law.
You know why this is, don't you? "Natural" remedies have not undergone the same rigorous testing and trials as prescription drugs, and have not been scientifically determined to be safe for use, or even what interactions they will have with other drugs or conditions. Herbal remedy X may very well be good for treating condition Y, but if it causes a 100% mortality rate in people who have a heart condition, then it needs to be administered with caution.

And putting herbal remedies and the like through medical trials is inadvisable, because you're not testing one single pure substance. If one of these remedies has interactions with certain people, it's impossible to tell if it was the active chemical, or something else in the herb that triggered a reaction. That's why medical testing comes in the form of one single substance extracted from an herbal remedy, so that there's no other factors screwing up the testing.

It's little more than paranoid conspiracy theories by whackos with an irrational fear of doctors. Baseline education on the subject pretty much shoots down every single accusation by these quacks.

Oh right, the original topic. Me? I've noticed my hairline is gradually receeding. I'm still awfully young to be going bald like this, so it's a little unnerving. Still, I've resolved to bald gracefully. No combovers for me; when it gets too thin, I'm just going to shave it all off and be done with it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:07 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 01:07 AM #27 of 38
Originally Posted by doodle
My knee is a very good barometer now,
How the fuck does this even work? Like....scientifically. Moisture in the air makes your knee go "HEY FUCKER SOMETHINGS UP" or what?

Also I'm slowly going blind. AWESOME.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:57 AM #28 of 38
I frequently get insanely sharp pains that last for at least 15 minutes, and anywhere up to an entire day in my legs or the bottom of my back. It's like growing pains, only as I'm 19 and I haven't gained any height in a couple years at least, I highly doubt its that. But anyway they make me walk like a cripple =/.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

FGSFDS!!!
zhixiong
in search of epic songs

Member 5635

Level 4.59

Apr 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 06:53 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 07:53 PM #29 of 38
Hi our lives are too short. It will do you good if you read up more on health and your body.

A personal tips from me:

Eat raw pumpkin seeds everyday.

Pumpkin Seeds contain iron, B vitamins, and trace minerals. It is also a natural source of magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, vitamin A, and vitamin C.

The benefits of eating nuts and seeds are a lot.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 12:17 PM #30 of 38
Originally Posted by zhixiong
Hi our lives are too short. It will do you good if you read up more on health and your body.

A personal tips from me:

Eat raw pumpkin seeds everyday.

Pumpkin Seeds contain iron, B vitamins, and trace minerals. It is also a natural source of magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, vitamin A, and vitamin C.

The benefits of eating nuts and seeds are a lot.
Awesome. I've been trying to read up on health and such, but there's so many contradictory statements out there that it's hard to determine which one is true and which one is false. The basic ones I can understand (exercise, limit fast food, etc.), but whether or not caffine harms more than it helps and such are the things that become difficult since you have research that can prove both sides.

Thanks for the pumpkin seed suggestion. If I can find some I'll try to test it out. Also, taking 2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar before every meal (or using it instead of dressing on salads) is suppose to help break down food better and help in weight lost.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog

Last edited by Visavi; May 12, 2006 at 12:19 PM.
xen0phobia
Chocobo

Member 503

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 12:30 PM #31 of 38
Quote:
My eyes easily beat the prescription of anybody who is over 65 years of age, with a whopping abuse in excess of 10.00+/- (I forgot the exact grade).
Other than that tragic fact, I feel pretty young.
My mom's worse. -11.00 for her. But my dad has perfect vision. I got the inbetween ;(.

Anyways, i have a pretty fucked up left foot and im only 20. I had a really rare disorder that cause several bones to fuse in my ankle. Basically i can't move my ankle left or right. This causes me to constantly step on it wrong which is leading to authritus. It sucks because sports are pretty much out of the question now, but I'll live.

How ya doing, buddy?
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 02:33 PM #32 of 38
Originally Posted by Visavi
Thanks for the pumpkin seed suggestion. If I can find some I'll try to test it out. Also, taking 2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar before every meal (or using it instead of dressing on salads) is suppose to help break down food better and help in weight lost.
It's funny how our most trusted sources come from unofficial origins . But yeah, lol, I read that bit about pumpkin seeds too, and I thought cool...I should try that out.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

FGSFDS!!!
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 03:07 PM #33 of 38
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
It's funny how our most trusted sources come from unofficial origins . But yeah, lol, I read that bit about pumpkin seeds too, and I thought cool...I should try that out.
Normally, if it's natural stuff, I like to give it a try since I don't have any food allergies and there's a low possibility of it doing something serious to you (unlike man-made chemical products such as diet pills). I got the apple cider vinegar thing from that Kevin Trudeau book I made reference to earlier. I don't believe/disbelieve what the person said about pumpkin seeds, I just think it would be interesting to try to see if it works.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
zhixiong
in search of epic songs

Member 5635

Level 4.59

Apr 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 06:51 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 07:51 PM #34 of 38
Originally Posted by Visavi
Awesome. I've been trying to read up on health and such, but there's so many contradictory statements out there that it's hard to determine which one is true and which one is false. The basic ones I can understand (exercise, limit fast food, etc.), but whether or not caffine harms more than it helps and such are the things that become difficult since you have research that can prove both sides.

I have been doing my mini research for a while. I don't mind sharing my knowledge because its good to live long and look healthy.

Indeed, the Internet has many contradicting articles. What I usually do is to surf more and compare/eliminate. Real articles are more than fake ones. If 9 articles say pumpkin seeds is good and 1 article says seeds is bad. We will know who's lying.

Double Post:
For people who excercises regularly.. say 3 times a week or 5 times a week. It is advisable to consume more vitamin C.

When we excercise, our body produces 'free radicals'. In the long term, 'free radicals' cause cancer. However it doesn't affect most of us because most of the time we unknowingly had enough vitamin C (from fruits, etc) to clean up the 'free radicals'.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by zhixiong; May 13, 2006 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
D-7
CIA operative

Member 1962

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:08 AM #35 of 38
hm not going blind or anything yet ~knocks on wood~ but i do have insane leg problems from all the years of hockey...inwhich if lets say i pick up a good size box..nothing heavy in it..i'll either

1. fall down because my leg gives out
2. drop the box
3. fall and still hold onto the box which gets ugly

i have no clue why it does this but it does also ive had about 15-20 concussions in hte last 4-5 years so i get headaches REALLY quick from anything and everything

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

zhixiong
in search of epic songs

Member 5635

Level 4.59

Apr 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:29 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 08:29 PM #36 of 38
By the way.. this is something not found scientifically in books:

To get better skin complexion, we should sleep from 12 midnight to 6 morning. This is because the moonlight has special energies to repair our skin. The Asians believed in this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Shoeless
The questgiver.

Member 834

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 04:46 PM #37 of 38
My grandmother had Melanoma, and I have had various nevi removed for being precancerous. I had one removed at 12, 15, and my latest was 19. I haven't been checked in years, but a small 3-4mm portion of my skin lost all pigment about 6 months ago, oddly. The only real thing I could get from searching online was Vitiligo, but yet it isn't. Vitiligo typically occurs over large portions of the body or arms, not in the small location I have it in. I will be going to the dermatologist soon, better safe than sorry.

I also get some cherry angiomas, which are benign, small red dots. I also get eczema in the Winter, due to the dry weather. I stay in good shape too! Some people like me are just unlucky.

I think the things you are talking about are skin tags.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Shoeless; May 13, 2006 at 04:57 PM.
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 08:24 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 05:24 PM #38 of 38
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
Glasses...and they're really thick but somehow well-disguised with these frames. In the neighbourhood of half a centimetre
I'm hoping for some gray hair to match
Oh God. Is your nose bent because of your glasses? Mine are pretty thick, about a quarter of a cm. But I feel your pain about horrible eye sight. My eyes seems to get worse and worse. I'm thinking about getting contacts now, because my glasses are getting quite heavy. After I'm over 21, LASIK!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Dance party!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > So I guess I have things growing out of my neck.