Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:01 AM #1 of 15
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Scheduled to hit PSP this October on the 17th for the US and 20th for Europe.

First details and screenshots will be released in the next couple of weeks but information so far is that it'll feature new characters and storylines with some familair faces and locations. Heck the boxart looks like it has Robina and "Big" Mitch on it.

Vice City is my favourite title in the GTA series so I'm stoked for this but hopefully VCS isn't as lacking in features as Liberty City Stories was.

Most amazing jew boots
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:49 AM #2 of 15
Showing the helicopter looks promising, as long as flying vehicles can be used in this PSP version.

As long as it's got some great new tunes and voice work, I'll be up for it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 01:40 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 03:40 AM #3 of 15
There was an helicopter on the box art for GTAIII as well as Liberty City Stories. ;-)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 01:53 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 12:53 AM #4 of 15
If they port this one to PS2 like they did with LCS, I'll probably get it, but I have no plans to get a PSP, especially just to play this one game. Admittedly, Vice City was my least favorite of the three PS2 GTA games (though Tommy Vercetti was my favorite lead character), so I really wouldn't even care that much if they didn't port it (though I don't see why they wouldn't).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:56 AM #5 of 15
Details are coming out for VCS as the print mags have the exclusive:
  • Vic Vance is the main character. He's a 28 year old Marine and brother to Lance Vance in Vice City.
  • VCS takes place in 1984, 2 years before Vice City.
  • The city in VCS is in "a different stage of development."
  • VCS will also be a much bigger game than Vice City on the PS2 boasting more polygons, greater draw distances and more variety of cars and pedestrians on the screen.
  • New weather effects.
  • Animations have greatly improved, even to the extent that they're "life like" according to GamePro.
  • Likewise for facial animations for conveying emotions.
  • VCS will feature multiplayer modes but Rockstar are tight lipped about that one until September.
  • Missions are now no longer "Go from A to B" but designed to be multi-tiered and spliit up by skill set.
  • More in-depth missions using the environment.
  • Planes and helicopters are back.
  • New ability: Jumping between vehicles.
  • New car physics.
  • Improved controls.

Scans:

Credit to JarJar over at GTAForums.com

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Simo; Aug 1, 2006 at 12:19 PM.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:45 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 12:45 PM #6 of 15
I never bothered with LCS, but it sounds like I just might have to buy VCS. When I first heard about it, I gave it about as much attention as I did LCS, but after the info you just posted, Simo, it seems I might have to give VCS a second glance after all.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 01:57 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 07:57 PM #7 of 15
I heard the main reason they left the helicopters out of LCS was that the city they lifted from GTA3 hadn't been designed with flying in mind and they couldn't be arsed to put roofs on all the buildings.

After gettting bored of it for a while, I'm getting back into LCS stories at the moment so I'm looking forward to this. I always prefered the layout of Vice City to Liberty City and I doubt it'll be that different from VC with only a two year gap. Probably a PSP purchase rather than a PS2 one though.

FELIPE NO
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 02:18 PM #8 of 15
Originally Posted by Shin
I heard the main reason they left the helicopters out of LCS was that the city they lifted from GTA3 hadn't been designed with flying in mind and they couldn't be arsed to put roofs on all the buildings.
That strikes me kind of odd considering it was possible to fly the Dodo for a considerable amount of time and get some good air doing so, unless the reason is referring to some of the larger buildings and skyscrapers...?

VCS is definitely on my list though as Vice City is pretty much favourite in the series and when you combine the atmosphere of Vice City with the features and gameplay of San Andreas....Well it's pretty much impossible to resist.

Also you can swim in VCS and one of the new weather changes are...hurricanes. Vic Vance was also in Vice City at the beginning who ends up being killed.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 10:12 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 03:12 PM #9 of 15
Originally Posted by Simo
Improved controls.
Bullshit. The controls in LCS were horrible and made me want to cut off my hands; how they can improve them is faaaar beyond me. It's like, "WHOA NOW YOU NEED A THIRD HAND IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR WEAPONS, TIMMY, DON'T YOU."

I'm hoping Edisoncarter's gonna throw together a cheatdevice for this instalment... Swimming should be nice, though. Wallclimbing next pls.

Most amazing jew boots
EdgeCrusher
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4511

Level 3.20

Apr 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 01:51 PM #10 of 15
I didn't have a problem changing weapons on LCS...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 02:02 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 08:02 PM #11 of 15
Originally Posted by Simo
That strikes me kind of odd considering it was possible to fly the Dodo for a considerable amount of time and get some good air doing so, unless the reason is referring to some of the larger buildings and skyscrapers...?
The Dodo wasn't supposed to be that flyable though. They never realised people would be able to get it that high for that long, otherwise they'd have put proper planes in.

The thing I love about the GTA games is the wealth of backup stuff they do to go along with the games. If you listen carefully to the radio stations in LCS, there's a load of URLs read out, all of which point at real, pretty funny websites. It's this kind of attention to detail that puts Rockstar so ahead of the game in my opinion. Hopefully they'll keep it up with VCS.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dogen
there's no marmalade

Member 10236

Level 7.02

Jul 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 02:57 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 08:57 PM #12 of 15
Originally Posted by Shin
If you listen carefully to the radio stations in LCS, there's a load of URLs read out, all of which point at real, pretty funny websites...
Yeah, when they first did that for GTA3, I was actually quite impressed that they'd bothered. I've forgotten most of the old ones now though, besides Pogo the Monkey.

Anyway, I liked the 80's vibe and the soundtrack, but the layout and design of Vice City I thought was pretty dull. And I'm not really eager to back there.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 04:31 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 11:31 PM #13 of 15
Hey hey, official site launched with a trailer:

http://www.rockstargames.com/vicecit...es/gtavcs.html

I went through all the content so far and I'm loving it. The music for some of the stations sound pretty good already.

I guess I must be remembering Vic the wrong way...I thought he was the Cuban sounding/looking dude in the beginning of VC that gets shot down but he doesn't even look/sound like that here. I guess it's just one of those small little changes that doesn't really matter in the end. But it's still cool, I like the idea of playing as him, even though we know his fate is sealed.

I almost wish I had a PSP...but I'll wait for the later PS2 release, heh.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by kupomog; Sep 6, 2006 at 04:33 AM.
KCJ506
Fuck you assholes

Member 809

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 05:18 AM #14 of 15
I wonder how long it will be before they make a GTA: San Andreas Stories. If they do the main character should be Carl's brother.(The one that got killed.)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 04:43 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 11:43 PM #15 of 15
I would rather play as a Balla taking over grove and shooting CJ's mom :S

no homo

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories