Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] One. Hundred. Percent.
Closed Thread

Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 03:20 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2006, 09:20 PM #26 of 38
I don't think that I have ever achieved 100% in any of the games that I have owned, not through lack of trying though. I generally don't aim for the 100% mark, but if I'm only a few marks off it, then I try to make it all the way up to the 100%. Otherwise I just enjoy the game, and not bother getting the 100% out of it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Pokey
killhouse

Member 15382

Level 9.89

Nov 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 05:05 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2006, 04:05 PM #27 of 38
Right now i'm aiming for perfect completion of absolutely everything in Oblivion. It'll take me a longass time though, but damn I love this game.

As for games I have completed to the fullest extent, i'm thinking Panzer Dragoon Orta for the xbox.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Pokey; Dec 22, 2006 at 07:34 PM.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2006, 06:35 PM #28 of 38
It's all anyone tries to do on Xbox 360 games now since of the Achievement system. Completed a few games 100% prior, but every game nowadays is strivent toward it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 07:10 PM #29 of 38
The only game I've done absolutely everything in was Super Mario RPG. I guess that's because I didn't have a whole lot of other games to play at the time, and SMRPG was my favorite out of the ones I did have. Of course, looking back, that game was kind of short. I wish there was more to do. ;__; They could have at least not had a level cap.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 01:58 PM #30 of 38
I like going into a game with the intention of getting 100% but I always fall short, because I know that I don't have to get 100% to be satsfied. Something close enough or my best effort (+ faqs for stuff I probably wouldn't think of) is enough to satisfy me. As well, I end up trading my games after I've beaten them and done a large chunk of the sidequests.

I know full well not to expect to get to 100% on my own skills, since many times in games, a couple percentage points/scenes/etc. are obtained by doing weird things that no one would normally think to do. (eg. Good ending in Valkyrie Profile, Super Jump X100 in SMRPG, etc.). I think if the game itself is fair enough on its own, then I'll be able to get to 90% or so unaided.

Probably the closest I am to 100% is in Valkyrie Profile (Serpahic Gate beaten 13+ times, on the way to getting best equipment for every single character), as well as King of Fighters 2006 (all costumes/stages unlocked except for one :@).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 03:35 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2006, 02:35 PM #31 of 38
I always wish i had the patience to go 100% of the way through a game, but sometimes i just get so wrapped in seperating myself from the story that i get bored cause nothing's "happening" and stop playing all together. This happened with Final Fantasy VIII and IX. I refused to let this happen with X, so i beat the game while leaving tons of it undiscovered. One of these days i'll go and play through it all with a walk through. Same goes for all the other FFs

Just beat Chrono Trigger today. Not sure if i got everything, i'm sure there were a few items i missed, but i finished all the sidequests, and am immesnley proud of myself. My childhood can now die happy, because i accomplished my biggest gaming goal in my life.

I often start an RPG with the intention of doing everything i possibly can in the game, but in the end i give up and just finish it.

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 05:49 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2006, 10:49 PM #32 of 38
I got all the scans in Metroid Prime Hunters and all the gaps in Tony Hawk's Underground. Those are the only two which spring to mind immediately, because they're the only two I can remember having slaved over for days on end.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 06:12 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2006, 01:12 AM #33 of 38
As far as I can remember, I only did that with two games: Meteos and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Meteos was just a drug to me, I couldn't ever stop playing it until I unlocked every last thing, and even after that I kept playing it. There must be over a hundred game hours in that cartridge, it's crazy. And I'm still not sick of it either, I still play that game!

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was mostly the same way, but it rewards you more for being adamant and discovering every little nook and cranny that the developers put in there. Frankly speaking, I'll take any excuse to listen to that music longer.

Generally, I don't even have the patience to finish a game, let alone get full marks. On the other hand, I am pretty thorough when I play a game in looking for items and secrets and such, so if I do finish the game, I'll usually be pretty close to 100%.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
TheXeno
Overlord

Member 13483

Level 8.29

Oct 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 12:41 AM Local time: Dec 23, 2006, 12:41 AM #34 of 38
Oh I used to love getting 100% in games. Some games I didn't care say ff10 dodging 200 lighting strikes give me a break. I've put in over 130s on my first playthrough of ff12 and I have yet to beat it (I haven't played it in weeks). Anyway yeah I do love getting 100% but i'm actually creating a backlog with the games I own. I play it for a little bit then buy a new one

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 09:35 AM Local time: Dec 23, 2006, 04:35 PM #35 of 38
I never get around doing 100% although I want to, however I've begun striving for 100% in Wario Ware inc for GBA. You have to unlock every single mini game, and then beat the high score of each to get a little flower icon on that specific mini game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 05:02 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 04:02 PM #36 of 38
I'm not really a 100% completed kind of guy. Only in my FF7 days would I aspire to such feats, when gaming was more wondrous and addicting as a middle-schooler. As for any 100% stuff I've gone for... it's a short list, and usually not for RPGs. Metal Gear VR Missions, Castlevania: SotN, Super Mario 64, Goldeneye, FF7 (not quite, but I'm just gonna say I got it,) Uh...

Yeah. I mean, if getting 100% means I'm going to be taking three extra hours of figthing a single type of enemy, or if it means an otherwise boring-time consuming repetition, then you can count me out. I like to enjoy a game usually without requiring any type of guide unless I'm lost. The purpose of player's guides is lost on me, unless I think a game is truly phenomenal. Such as... EarthBound, which came with a Player's Guide. Of course, that guide doesn't inform you on how to get 100% (Heh.)

Most amazing jew boots
In your dreams, magical thoughts
All things are real, unless you dream they're not
Kaphwan 86
Punt-a-bitch

Member 365

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 06:30 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 01:30 AM #37 of 38
Depends if it's not too much of a hassle to achieve or if there are significant things to be unlocked. When I first finished Metroid Prime a long time ago, I got 84 percent. Didn't bother to play it again just to see more of the ending.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Serano
Fumbling towards ecstacy

Member 1206

Level 1.73

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 06:45 PM #38 of 38
Back in my high school/early college years, when I had boatloads of time to burn, I would try to milk games for what they were worth, yes. Nowadays, I barely have enough time to play through games once (I've a backlog of maybe 35+ unfinished games ... I'll get to play them when I'm retired, perhaps).

There's a couple of games that come to mind which I've put obscene amounts of time into:

Dune, Dune 2: Loved the books, played both games to death.

ICO: The lightsabre is really neat. As much as I loved ICO though, I still have SotC lying around, sealed.

Final Fantasy VII: More than 300 hours played, likely. I remember having Master Materia ... not one, but one for each of the characters. Only thing I haven't tried is getting Cloud to date Barret.

Jak & Daxter: 102%. Luckily, this was a pretty easy game.

Final Fantasy X: Yes, I dodged 200 lightning bolts. Fucking insane. As well as obtained all the other ultimate weapons.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] One. Hundred. Percent.