Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Renaming HDD partitions?

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:08 AM #1 of 7
Renaming HDD partitions?

I can't remember how to do this. I set up a new drive, but the partitions are not in the order I would like. I want my Windows partition to be C, but it's E, etc... What do I need to click?

Most amazing jew boots

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:09 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 06:09 PM #2 of 7
I can't remember how to do this. I set up a new drive, but the partitions are not in the order I would like. I want my Windows partition to be C, but it's E, etc... What do I need to click?
Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Disk Management.

Then you can just right-click each partition or logical disk and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths".

Unfortunately from what I recall it's not possible to change the drive letter of your boot drive. Unless there's some kind of a workaround or dodge that I don't know about. I guess you could change the drive that is currently C to something else, and hope Windows takes the damn hint.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 02:30 PM #3 of 7
Wow. This is retarded. I can't change my Boot volume (Windows Partition, E) or the "system volume), (C). This is going to be annoying.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 02:57 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 08:57 PM #4 of 7
I remember I had the same problem way back when. So I moved all the stuff to a partition on the secondary drive, and then disconnected it. Then I reinstalled windows. The partitions on the first drive were in the correct order, so when I connected the second drive, it took it's place at the end.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 03:20 PM #5 of 7
I really don't feel like installing windows a third time this weekend. I'll just live with the odd drive names.

I was speaking idiomatically.

seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 05:30 PM Local time: Jan 15, 2007, 12:30 AM #6 of 7
I'm fairly sure PartitionMagic would be able to handle this. I don't really see any reason why it shouldn't.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 06:12 PM Local time: Jan 15, 2007, 12:12 AM #7 of 7
Don't do it. Windows creates a bunch of absolute path linkings when installing, most of them in the registry. It won't work if you just change the partition ordering. Not if the absolute paths are also changed.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Renaming HDD partitions?