Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] CAPCOM announce more Street Fighter!!

Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Jun 15, 2007, 09:24 PM #76 of 141
OH SHIT! I have to say I LOVE that Guile! His face is slightly more bulldogish than I'd like, but this is the best of them all.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Jun 16, 2007, 06:16 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2007, 11:16 AM #77 of 141

I like this image, expect the back end of Ken's gi hanging out just looks too small.

EDIT

Ah think its because there is no shadow it looks weird

I was speaking idiomatically.

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda

Last edited by The Furious One; Jun 16, 2007 at 06:19 AM.
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2007, 02:05 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2007, 08:05 PM #78 of 141
It's gonna be really interesting seeing this game in motion. I'm sure it'll look great, but maybe a bit lacking on the animation part. I expect that they, if they want to stay true to the original(s), stay with the same amount of frames, thus making it look a bit choppy at times, but not ruining any of the game experience. However, it being HD and all will make it look better than most other fighters out there. Would really like to see what they make of the backgrounds etc. as well.

I see it all as an experiment for Capcom to see how well HD-sprites fare on current consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a preparatory experiment for a new, "real", beat 'em up, possibly even SF4.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:02 AM #79 of 141
It's gonna be really interesting seeing this game in motion. I'm sure it'll look great, but maybe a bit lacking on the animation part. I expect that they, if they want to stay true to the original(s), stay with the same amount of frames, thus making it look a bit choppy at times, but not ruining any of the game experience. However, it being HD and all will make it look better than most other fighters out there. Would really like to see what they make of the backgrounds etc. as well.

I see it all as an experiment for Capcom to see how well HD-sprites fare on current consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a preparatory experiment for a new, "real", beat 'em up, possibly even SF4.
I don't know if I'd call it choppy as that's an adjective I'd reserve for the old Mortal Kombat games. It wont be up to SF3 fluidity, but even when I go back and play SSF2T on the SF anniversary I don't see it as choppy at all.

As for the Street Fighter 4 part, I'm thinking that along with remakes of their old games is entirely possible if this does well which it absolutely should. I expect a large percentage of the people who d/l'ed SSFT2 to get this along with some other passively interested folks.

I've been unimpressed with Capcom's 3D efforts (Star Gladiator, and Rival Schools were 'eh). Actually even Dark Stalkers has always been so so. Their Street Fighter, games however, (Capcom fighting Evolution aside) have always been solid. Come to think of it, I don't know if it was a rumor, but I remember hearing years ago that Capcom canceled a SF4 project for some reason or another. Now would be a great time to bring it back.

FELIPE NO
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:44 AM #80 of 141
First off Rical Schools: Project Justice was awesome and rocked Japan hard back in the days. However every other 3D effort on Capcom's part DID suck. SF EX3 being the smelliest of the pile.

Hopefully the next project will be SF:Alpha 3 seeing how it's the best SF game.

Lastly it's known that Capcom is working on a fighting game sequel, however that's all Capcom said last TGS. So who knows what it is. (Hopefully SF4 or a new Rival Schools).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 01:04 AM #81 of 141
First off Rical Schools: Project Justice was awesome and rocked Japan hard back in the days. However every other 3D effort on Capcom's part DID suck. SF EX3 being the smelliest of the pile.
YES THANK YOU! Project Justice was my favorite Capcom fighter ever. Much better than that freakin Poke Fighter Alpha 3 IMO.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 01:39 AM #82 of 141
Capcom was in no way responsible for the EX series. Arika handled it. Furthermore if I remember the story correctly the man who worked for Capcom and was the brainchild of Street Fighter decided to leave the company. He felt that the characters were his while Capcom felt otherwise. The compromise was the SFEX series.

Lastly who the fuck cares how hard something rocked Japan? It didn't rock me and that's all I give a damn about

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Hotobu; Jun 17, 2007 at 01:52 AM.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 08:04 AM #83 of 141
Did I say that you were wrong? No. I just said that Project Justice was extremely good. And while I have it, it never came to the U.S., therefore I can only base it off how well it did in Japan.

As for the EX series, whether CApcom made it or not doesn't matter. There were 2 games before the third and the series should have been killed after the first.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 08:26 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2007, 02:26 AM #84 of 141
Did I say that you were wrong? No. I just said that Project Justice was extremely good. And while I have it, it never came to the U.S., therefore I can only base it off how well it did in Japan.
What are you on about?

Moero! Justice Gakuen
Capcom
12/07/00 JP

Project Justice
Virgin Interactive
04/13/01 EU

Project Justice
Capcom
05/16/01 US

It came outside of Japan. Right in peak time of the Dreamcasts actual life too. It didn't sell well because Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Capcom vs. SNK 2 came out the same year.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 09:17 AM #85 of 141
Ha ha, so it did. Oh well the Dreamcast had what, a 2 day lifespan in the U.S.? Other then Soul Calibur and Sonic Adventures 1 & 2 nothing really did anything on the DC in North America. Even though I love my DC, to say that anything, system included did well outside JPN would be a blatent lie. So like you said, even though it came over here, no one noticed it (myself included, and I love the game).

Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 03:32 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2007, 09:32 PM #86 of 141
I don't know if I'd call it choppy as that's an adjective I'd reserve for the old Mortal Kombat games. It wont be up to SF3 fluidity, but even when I go back and play SSF2T on the SF anniversary I don't see it as choppy at all.
Well, it's not "choppy" as in "choppy framerate", but rather some more frames would make it smoother. Smartass :P

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 04:12 PM #87 of 141
If they were smart they would increase the frames of animation but keep everything at the same ratio. Therefore the time it takes to perform moves would be the same universally and would not change gameplay.

But really I don't know why they didn't just skip this whole remake BS. I'd rather have a remake then nothing, but I'd also rather have a new SF game then a remake. At least they have better make an arrange version of the OST to go along with the rest of the game.

FELIPE NO
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Jun 18, 2007, 09:33 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2007, 02:33 PM #88 of 141
I think they are testing the water, see if theres enough people out there to want a new Street Fighter 4. and I cant see Capcom wanting to make it 3D just for money, its a 2D game and its gonna stay that way.

My money is on Udon doing as well.

Another thing i realized is why didnt they use proper 2D animation tools to remake everything instead of photoshop lol. You can get 3D animation software that allows you to track movements this doesnt sound too impossible to do with 2D aswell, get the computer to do all the tracing then get the artists to come and colour it all in and iron out any faults.

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2007, 05:32 PM #89 of 141
Seeing how this is a budget title, I don't think that they're going to get too fancy with this game. ^^

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Jun 19, 2007, 04:36 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2007, 09:36 AM #90 of 141
Yeh so easy to get carried away when your not the one actually having to do the work.

But ive seen plugins for 3D studio max, there are some great cell shading tool, all they have to do is create a 3D model of each character then animate the moves using the 2D sprites as reference points, add all the textures or colours then send it off to the animators.

Last edited by The Furious One; Jun 19, 2007 at 04:40 AM.
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2007, 12:51 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2007, 02:51 AM #91 of 141
Not as is related to the HD Street Fighter, but CPS3 has finally been decrypted.

They launched a test emulator which already works great.
I think this is way more important and exciting than the HD Street Fighter.
Can you imagine playing 3S with 2xsai filter over Kaillera? Man, there is no price for that.

The link to the emulator is here: Link

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jun 21, 2007, 01:27 AM #92 of 141
Yea, my friend sent me that link as well. for some reason though, my sound is HORRIBLE for it. I don't understand why, anyone have any suggestions? lol.

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Jun 21, 2007, 04:45 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2007, 09:45 AM #93 of 141
Finally!!

[s]What do i need to play it on kaillera, i heard theres a special mame for it.[/s]

Sorted, Nebula runs its pretty much perfectly, but mame the colours are really really messed up, and the screen is zoomed in on the game menu, and you during the fight it doesnt scroll all the way to the right side. But its payable.

Last edited by The Furious One; Jun 21, 2007 at 09:22 AM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 04:21 AM Local time: Jun 30, 2007, 03:21 AM #94 of 141
According this blog entry, they are considering to make some changes to the Guile + some more info (quoted the interesting ones).

Quote:
Well it was a pretty rough week for Guile. Reaction to his new artwork ranged pretty widely. Thanks for all the feedback. We are definitely listening. I won’t go into specifics, but we are considering revising some of his look based on the reactions I’ve been reading on the blog and many of the boards I keep up with. I do want to say that even if we did make every single change that was requested, no matter how hard we try, we still can’t please everyone. But rest assured, we will try our best. With that said, the game is coming along marvelously.

-There are some questions on how the bigger characters will look. For instance, will Sagat have more of the SFII look, or the beefed up SF Alpha look? You will have to wait and see exactly what he and the other large characters will look like, but it will be more in line with the SFII look.

-The change in resolution will not have an effect on the hit detection of the game. Everything will remain as it should but there are things that inevitability get lost in the mix. Part of the test process will be with some people that know more than humanly possible about Super Turbo to ensure that every move hits exactly where it should.

-I realize that the Super Turbo voices are a bit high pitched compared to the older version of SFII and we are looking into adjusting that.

-The color palette available for the sprites is being increased to 128 colors. The original was only 16.

-There have been many comments on why were not doing SFIII instead. This is the first time were doing something like this and we wanted to give a graphical improvement to the oldest, but best title. And thats Super Turbo in our opinion. Also, theres just a huge amount of frames in SFIII, much more so that Super Turbo. Trying to take that on for our first project such as this would be like jumping into the deep end of a pool when youre just learning to swim.
Also Chun-Li continue screen animation is revealed, though in black and white, looks pretty good.

http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/dig...2/poor_chun_li

Some more info in the latest blog entry, quoted the interesting ones (IMO).
Quote:
– The game will display in a 4:3 aspect ratio as the original version did. I’ve been reading some interesting ideas to make it 16:9 on the Capcom BBS. I’m not going to say that it’s impossible to do, but right now, it’s not something we have planned.

– Right now, we have not announced any official sticks coming out for the game. It’s something we may be considering, but there’s no announcement about it at the moment.

– There will be no tech/parrying in the game. This is Super Turbo and we’re not trying to change what’s already a great game. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

– We plan to keep Akuma as someone that you have to get using a code. We also plan to make it an option on whether he can be selected for online play. For those of you that don’t know, Akuma is extremely strong in Super Turbo (by design), and all things being equal, he’s not exactly fair to fight against. That’s why he’s banned practically all tournaments of Super Turbo.
Also a little "How They Do It" bit with Sagat. As well as the new rendered T. Hawk sprite.

http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/dig...how_they_do_it

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 05:34 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 10:34 AM #95 of 141
T Hawk looks like the best so far. It will be interesting to see how the new Guile will look

FELIPE NO

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 07:54 AM #96 of 141
The new T-Hawk sprite is pimpin'! What was with all the Guile hate for the new sprite?

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 08:55 AM #97 of 141
Don't know. Guile looked stupid before and he still looked stupid after, so I think they did a pretty faithful transition

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 03:44 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 02:44 PM #98 of 141
I just hate the way the area around Guile's eyes looks. Dig the Chun Li JUST GOT HER ASS BEAT animation though. I always liked those.

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 06:43 PM #99 of 141
Just noticed that this thread is listed under X360. If a moderator gets a chance it should be changed to multi-platform because this is coming out on both the 360 and PS3.

P.S.
I never noticed before but it looks like Sagat is dislocating his shoulder when he does his high kick. Man that would hurt for the amount of times he does that move. I've dislocated my right arm three times and that's more then enough for me lol

evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:46 PM Local time: Jul 4, 2007, 01:46 AM #100 of 141
I dunno, that T-Hawk looks horrible. That 2d pixelvomit next to it has much better anatomy, and the head is traced from the GBA SF2 Revival artwork - and it doesnt even fit the pose, and they randomly thrown in muscles to hide that.

Then again, this sums up pretty much every other HD sprite Udon made so far.

edit: and that Sagat "art" looks like he's sucking off himself, not doing a roundhouse kick. They even went ahead and posted a comparison on how horrific their new sprite is.

Last edited by evilboris; Jul 3, 2007 at 07:54 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] CAPCOM announce more Street Fighter!!