Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The file is there, but the computer says it isn't, and I can't delete it, help needed

MoonChild
Syklis Green

Member 4579

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Apr 19, 2008, 02:13 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2008, 09:13 PM #1 of 5
The file is there, but the computer says it isn't, and I can't delete it, help needed

I got a problem. A while ago I downloaded the following using uTorrent

"[TV-Japan] X-JAPAN Kougeki Saikai 2008 I.V. ~Hametsu ni Mukatte~ Mubou na Yoru (2008.03.30) Vol.1 [800x450 XviD+MP3 DMM].avi" (1,7GB)

In this torrent file was also the following files:
"_____padding_file_0_if you see this file, please update to BitComet 0.85 or above____"
and
"READ PLEASE BY X-JAPAN .txt"
(Well, those two above files isn't the problem, just thought I'd mention it.)

The problem is that my computer doesn't seem to know that the AVI file is there.
I can't open it (it doesn't exist), I can't delete it (which is what I'd like to do)

Some images follow below.

This is the folder which the files are in.

...And when I right-click the file I get the following menu (Swedish WinXP).
"Play"
"Add to Windows Media Player playlist"
"Play in Windows Media Player"
"Open with..."
"Send to..."

And this is what the "Properties" look like for the AVI file (I couldn't right-click and choose 'properties', I had to go to the "File menu")

Any suggestions, or questions?

I can add that I have tried to "re-download" the file, using the exact same torrent file which I used to download this file.
It just says that all three files are downloaded 100%.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shively
Banned

Member 28885

Level 13.18

Mar 2008

Old Apr 19, 2008, 02:59 PM #2 of 5
Well typicaly a reboot will help but heres something I've found out.

Lets say I use winamp to open some files, lets say I wanted to check out a rap album and decided I did not like it. So I close winamp, go into my computer etc work my way to the folder and go to delete it. Often it won't delete cause it was last accessed by winamp and it acts as though its still being used.

Sure it might delete all the files inside but until I go thru winamp and go a folder above the I last accessed than delete it, it won't delete.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
MoonChild
Syklis Green

Member 4579

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Apr 19, 2008, 03:10 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2008, 10:10 PM #3 of 5
Well typicaly a reboot will help but heres something I've found out.

Lets say I use winamp to open some files, lets say I wanted to check out a rap album and decided I did not like it. So I close winamp, go into my computer etc work my way to the folder and go to delete it. Often it won't delete cause it was last accessed by winamp and it acts as though its still being used.

Sure it might delete all the files inside but until I go thru winamp and go a folder above the I last accessed than delete it, it won't delete.
I went through VLC Player and deleted the complete folder, that worked. Thank you very much.
Is there any limit to how large files you can download if the HD is in the format NTFS (I know FAT32 has a limit about 1 or 2 GB), but I don't know if NTFS HDs have any.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Grilled Carrots
Chocobo

Member 26049

Level 13.98

Nov 2007

Old Apr 19, 2008, 03:24 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2008, 02:24 PM #4 of 5
I went through VLC Player and deleted the complete folder, that worked. Thank you very much.
Is there any limit to how large files you can download if the HD is in the format NTFS (I know FAT32 has a limit about 1 or 2 GB), but I don't know if NTFS HDs have any.
NTFS.com NTFS vs FAT32 FAT16 FAT.Comparing.Performance.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
MoonChild
Syklis Green

Member 4579

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Apr 19, 2008, 03:30 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2008, 10:30 PM #5 of 5
Thank you everyone for your help.
Now I've gotten my questions answered.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > The file is there, but the computer says it isn't, and I can't delete it, help needed