Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] End of Eternity of Fate and Resonance. Tri-Ace should not be allowed to name things.

Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:08 PM #51 of 60
Finally got my hands on this today, and I am absolutely loving it thus far.

It's pretty complicated, and I think it's probably the first RPG I have played that I don't feel I could have just dove in and started playing without going through the battle tutorials.

I haven't gotten too far in, but as of two and a half hours:

- English Voice Acting is Great (And Tolerable at the worst)
- Battle system is fun, but complicated. Definitely do the tutorials in the Arena.
- Touched only a bit of Weapon customization and "Dressing Up" characters.
- Guild / Bulletin Board System very similar to FFXII
- Story, not too much so far, and what there was hasn't really been explained at all. Doesn't seem bad though.
- Graphics are nice when they aren't blurry, but its short comings are similar to Valkyrie Profile 2's. Still passable in my book though.
- Music-- I've really been tired of Motoi Sakuraba lately, but this game's music is, in my opinion, far far better than any of his recent contributions. I don't know if there were other composers involved, but this OST is thus far probably my favorite this generation. (And definitely much better than SO3, VP2, SO4, and Infinite Undiscovery)

But the most important thing is that it's fun. I've really enjoyed it so far, and while I know its going to be over shadowed by FFXIII, I hope enough people check it out.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Vkamicht
Chocobo

Member 431

Level 12.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2010, 03:57 PM 1 #52 of 60
- Music-- I've really been tired of Motoi Sakuraba lately, but this game's music is, in my opinion, far far better than any of his recent contributions. I don't know if there were other composers involved, but this OST is thus far probably my favorite this generation. (And definitely much better than SO3, VP2, SO4, and Infinite Undiscovery)
Kohei Tanaka composed all the orchestral pieces which were actually recorded by a full orchestra, unlike Sakuraba's efforts. The nice thing is that even Sakuraba's contributions (battle music) seem a lot more inspired than any of his recent work. Overall it's an A+ soundtrack and I'll be happy when it's released next week.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2010, 03:34 PM #53 of 60
This game has turned out to be the sort of sleeper hit cousin to Final Fantasy XIII. While its release got incredibly overshadowed, the fact of the matter is it's as good as FFXIII in completely different ways, and if you're of the mind that XIII sucked, it's way better.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dobby
The sun-kissed slope

Member 4519

Level 8.40

Apr 2006

Old May 12, 2010, 05:10 PM Local time: May 12, 2010, 02:10 PM #54 of 60
I'm still trucking along in Chapter 14. Enjoying it just as much as I did initially. Enemies are getting bigger and harder to jump around though...

I am in love with the music in battles. There's just something about having "two sides" to the track that gets me going hahah (Lucia and Estia are <3)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 07:58 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 01:58 PM #55 of 60
So I started playing this this week and I'm loving it so far. The story is indeed nonsense and hilariously badly explained but the battle system is cool which is what matters really.

One quick question, do skills only work if you hit the exact right number of charges or is the number a minimum?

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:00 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 09:00 AM #56 of 60
No. They have X percent chance of happening if you charge to that level though. They get replaced by a higher percent chance of happening as you level up another 12 levels though.

They are on the right side of the screen during charge and the ones that don't disappear after firing are active.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 04:37 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2010, 10:37 AM #57 of 60
Oh ok, I was hoping it was something like that, rather than needing you to hit the button at the right time. How long do you have to wait to get another machine gun? I'm on chapter 5 and I picked up the extra pistol from the shop in the first town but another machine gun would be way more useful I think.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:03 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2010, 09:03 AM #58 of 60
Originally Posted by Gun Locations
Since the main focus of RoF's weapon system is the Customization aspect, there are not a whole lot of extra guns available in the game. However, it is nice to grab these eventually since you can dual-wield them once you are leveled enough to have a weight capacity that can support two of them. Plus they are laid out differently so some custom parts will only fit on some types of guns and not on others, as well as having more slots and better base stats than your starter guns.

Handguns
Chapter 1: SG-B226 can be purchased in the Ebel City for 100,000 Rubies.
Chapter 7: LP-09 can be purchased in Albona for 200,000 Rubies.
Chapter 15: "This Gun's for You!" side-quest reward.
Arena: MI50A can be exchanged for 500C, 200S, 50G.
Neverland: B-N84 Golden is found in the Primary Gate.
Neverland: 1191.45 Golden is found in the Secondary Central Park.
Neverland: SB-B226 Golden is found in the Tertiary East Park.

Machineguns
Chapter 5: PDW-XN.V2 can be found in the final hex of the Dakota Vein. Two level 50 enemies guard it and the battle can not be run from, so be well prepared if you try to get it this early!
Chapter 12: NP.05C can be purchased in Ebel City for 300,000 Rubies.
Chapter 14: PDW-XN.V3 can be found in the third hex of Aetersyl.
Neverland: NP.05 Golden is found in the Secondary East Park.
source

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2010, 07:28 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2010, 01:28 AM #59 of 60
I assumed there'd be a load more guns than that. Cheers for that though mate.

I was finding it hard making money till I realised I could turn all the scrap iron and glass shards into scopes and sell them for more than the construction fee. Given I had over a hundred of each item I'm not lacking in cash any more.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dobby
The sun-kissed slope

Member 4519

Level 8.40

Apr 2006

Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:26 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2010, 01:26 PM #60 of 60
You could also buy those parts from the travelling merchant (At your point of the game, she'd prolly be hanging around in Forsaken and Waterless Bridge; once you have access to the lower sectors, she also camps in some tower... sorry i forgot the name).

But yes, you can buy the parts from her, and then make the scopes, and sell em. A pretty penny is quickly made!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] End of Eternity of Fate and Resonance. Tri-Ace should not be allowed to name things.