Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

JonBenet Ramsey Murder Suspect--Caught?!

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 08:29 PM #1 of 26
JonBenet Ramsey Murder Suspect--Caught?!

I am currently sitting here watching MSNBC, and they are covering this breaking story.

A 42-year-old American former teacher named John Mark Karr--who used to live near the Ramseys in Colorado--was arrested in Thailand on a unrelated sex charge, and while being held, related several facts about the JonBenet case that only the murderer would know about.

If his DNA matches the unknown DNA found in JonBenet's underwear--we have the murderer. He is currently being extradited and should be here in two days.

If he is the murderer--this case took only ten years to solve. (sarcasm)

So, do you think if the police had focused on the evidence, and not the family at first--trying to fit the evidence to the family--do you think the case would have been solved sooner?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Leknaat; Aug 16, 2006 at 08:35 PM.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 08:35 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 05:35 PM #2 of 26
I really could care less. If this was anyone other than the child of a rich, white, suburban family there would be little to no coverage, and they certainly would have given up any investigation years and years ago. It pisses me off these little white girls get so much attention thrown their way, while there are plenty of other people getting ignored.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ORLY
YA RLY

Member 8978

Level 7.21

Jun 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:36 PM #3 of 26
I am in full agreement with you Capo, but the sad truth is, most Americans probably wouldn't care if it weren't a child of a rich, white, suburban family (or a celebrity) which is why the media only covers those cases.

With that being said, the police (and other government bodies in general) don't always have the most efficient ways of doing things (like the mountains of paperwork the police have to do for everything). Plus, you can see a lot of things that you should have done in using the great gift of hindsight.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:50 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 08:50 PM #4 of 26
So does this mean we should look into more guys in Thailand sex shops so we can find Nicole Brown's killer? I'm sure O.J. would be willing to help.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:25 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 09:25 PM #5 of 26
No need. That nigga slit her throat from ear to ear and we all know it. No false conviction will ever erase that.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:53 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 10:53 PM #6 of 26
Supposedly, the guy taught in an Alabama school system (Marion County, waaaay out in the boonies, the same area he was raised in) and was fired due to parental complaints way back when. The superintended wouldnt go into details but he did say on the news "If it was him, he wouldnt be surprised."

Its been all over the news here in Bham.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:14 AM #7 of 26
Originally Posted by ORLY
With that being said, the police (and other government bodies in general) don't always have the most efficient ways of doing things (like the mountains of paperwork the police have to do for everything). Plus, you can see a lot of things that you should have done in using the great gift of hindsight.
Thank you for being the only one to answer the question.

FELIPE NO
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:34 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 11:34 PM #8 of 26
I don't think the publicity of this case has as much to do with the class and ethnicity of the Ramsey's as much as it did that, back then, this was a pretty rare occurence.

And to the police focusing on the parents...as I remember, there wasn't exactly a huge cache of evidence on the case, which means you do have to focus on the most likely suspects and (again, my memory is foggy) they weren't exactly doing a good job of acting innocently.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
and Brandy does her best to understand
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:37 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 11:37 PM #9 of 26
Originally Posted by Encephalon
No need. That nigga slit her throat from ear to ear and we all know it. No false conviction will ever erase that.

Yeah it's call sarcasm. See it's a running gag where O.J. is found not guilty yet comedians made fun of that and O.J. said he'd help find the 'real' killer.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 11:42 PM #10 of 26
Originally Posted by guyinrubbersuit
Yeah it's call sarcasm.
It's funny you should say that, because I don't think you understand the concept of it when you see it.

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:09 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 01:09 AM #11 of 26
Originally Posted by Encephalon
It's funny you should say that, because I don't think you understand the concept of it when you see it.

Oh I understand full well. Why I have the handy dandy sarcastic device here....FUCK! I traded it for magic beans again.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:25 AM #12 of 26
I have to agree with whoever said that the parents of Jonbenet Ramsey acted so...odd...at the time of their daughter's murder that it was only natural that the police suspected them. I don't remember all the details of this case, either, but I do remember the mother in particular being extremely detached, and that their story somehow just didn't add up. Also, these are people who regularly dressed their child up like a whore and paraded her around for profit. Can't say that I blame the cops for thinking they were the ones who killed her.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 06:18 AM #13 of 26
Quote:
"I was with JonBenet when she died," Karr, a former schoolteacher, told reporters in Bangkok, visibly nervous and stuttering as he spoke. "Her death was an accident." Police said Karr admitted to the killing after he was arrested Wednesday at his downtown Bangkok apartment by Thai and American authorities.
Well, guess that wraps that murder mystery up. Weird, I never saw it coming from a mile away. I guess "some Puerto Rican guy" can now breathe a sigh of relief (South Park reference)!

Most amazing jew boots
Taterdemalion
Chocobo

Member 1827

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 07:29 AM #14 of 26
I'm sure nobody cares. Sad for sure, but 10 years have passed. We've moved on to bigger things Like someone else said, if this had been Shaniqua Benet Ramsey, the sentiment would be the same but there'd be no media coverage because you really do have to be rich and white to get your name on the news.

whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:06 AM #15 of 26
nobody gives a shit.

but still, what's this bullshit about it only being important because it's some yuppie white girl got killed? True, it's the only reason the media went after it, but i'm sure the invesigators would have taken any other case just as seriously.

And it's not like they were working round the clock on this for the whole ten years. This guy got busted on a completely seperate charge, then confessed. This shit just fell in their laps. Hoo fucking ray.

FELIPE NO
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:14 AM #16 of 26
The timing of this whole thing seems a bit odd, if you ask me. Patsy Ramsey (Jonbenet's mother) died in June of this year, and all of a sudden when their prime suspect kicks off the investigators just happen to find the real murderer. I'm also wondering why he phrased it the way he did ("I was with Jonbenet when she died.") I wouldn't be surprised if he claims that Patsy Ramsey hired him to do her dirty work for her, or played some other role in her death.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Alice; Aug 17, 2006 at 09:18 AM.
blue
blue

Member 6459

Level 22.39

May 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:16 AM #17 of 26
I HATE that her parents slathered gobs of make-up on her face and made her into some sort of fashion queen. The pictures of her are eerie; her parents may not be the killers, but I certainly doubt their ability to raise a child.

How old would she be now?
And isn't it weird how her mother died from ovarian cancer so recently? We hadn't heard a peep about the case in forever, and suddenly--WHAM!

Most amazing jew boots
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:18 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 06:18 AM #18 of 26
Originally Posted by blue
I HATE that her parents slathered gobs of make-up on her face and made her into some sort of fashion queen. The pictures of her are eerie; her parents may not be the killers, but I certainly doubt their ability to raise a child.

How old would she be now?
And isn't it weird how her mother died from ovarian cancer so recently? We hadn't heard a peep about the case in forever, and suddenly--WHAM!
She's a little younger than me, so that would make her somewhere around 16.

whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:25 AM #19 of 26
Originally Posted by blue
yeah, tiny girl beauty pagents freak the hell out of me.

ORLY
YA RLY

Member 8978

Level 7.21

Jun 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:43 PM #20 of 26
Well, for those of you that DO care about this, apparently there are doubts as to if John Mark Karr actually did murder Ramsey. Apparently he claims that he drugged up Ramsey before he raped her, but an autopsy on her body showed no signs of any drugs
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/17/D8JI9JDG0.html

Plus, apparently his ex-wife has given an alibi for him.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/17/D8JI8FBG0.html

Perhaps this is a case of the media sensationalism again? (Remember how the media hounded Ramsey's parents when the case first came up without any real proof that they were the culprits.)

JackyBoy
A Cinnamon Role?

Member 2219

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:41 PM #21 of 26
It's painfully obvious Karr isn't the murderer. If he's convicted he'll be nothing more than the fall guy like McVeigh and plenty others I'm sure. The parents are the ones' responsible for the death. Directly or indirectly - regardless.

I was speaking idiomatically.

You're staring at me like I just asked you what the fucking square root of something.
J.K.
K.J. in reverse...

Member 11265

Level 1.60

Aug 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:57 PM #22 of 26
It's about damn time, really.

And then, there was one...
Digital_Divider
because bastard operators from hell get all the ladies.

Member 8324

Level 6.27

Jun 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:28 PM #23 of 26
"Congratulations! nobody gives a shit!"

FELIPE NO
I am myself. You can't change me. I am who I am.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > JonBenet Ramsey Murder Suspect--Caught?!