Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Question] XBox and HD

Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 12:59 AM #1 of 3
XBox and HD

I just got a new Widescreen Monitor/ HD TV and I've been trying to see what HD can offer me. So I go into the Xbox dashboard and set 480p, 720P, 1080i, and widescreen all to yes. Unfortunately all of the games that I've tried (Ninja Gaiden, NBA 2k6, and Star Wars Episode 3) only output in 480p. First of all could there be something that I'm doing wrong? If not what Xbox games are there that display at 720p and 1080i (if any) I'd like to see the difference.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Hotobu; Aug 31, 2006 at 01:02 AM.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 01:12 AM #2 of 3
http://www.hdtvarcade.com/hdtvforum/...tom&page=xboxa

There ya go. You are correct, those three games only support 480p.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 01:23 AM #3 of 3
Thanks for the list. I should have known really. The games that WOULD look good at higher resolution don't run that way probably due to the procesing power that it would take to make it so. I guess I'll have to call up my friend and have him bring his 360 so I can really see what's what.

Of course there's always the Atari Anthology. *HD Galaga leik wut

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Question] XBox and HD