Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh CHOO!

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:15 AM #1 of 34
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh CHOO!

So how do you fare against illness?

Me, I have a rock solid immune system. I get sick once a year within the window of October - December, and that's it. The only time that has been thrown off its axis was when I got mono last January. Other than that, I'm rarely sick, and I get over illness quickly when it does happen.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:17 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 05:17 PM #2 of 34
I consume fish oil. It is super awesome, I haven't been ill for like fourteen months.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:37 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 04:37 PM #3 of 34
Ever since I started taking a few supplements back in September (Zinc, sunflower oil, fish oil) I've not been ill. This might be one of those cases of keeping tigers away with a good-luck charm, but so far I'm fine.

Before, though, I'd be ill once every month or two, usually for a little less than a week. I was sick as a dog over the summer for about a fortnight, which sucked. :/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:36 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 12:36 PM #4 of 34
I'm with Sprout on uber immune system stuff. Both of my parents get sick once maybe every few years. I haven't been ill since my first year of college. And I'm 23. Seriously =I In addition to this, whenever I get sick, it takes a day or so to go away.

My old man and older brother, on the other hand, are almost bedridden whenever they get sick. My oldest brother probably hasn't been sick a day in his life...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:40 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 06:40 PM #5 of 34
Immune system? I probably have one of those. I think I left it in my other jacket or something. I come into contact with something, I catch it. This is the simple truth. I fight it off just fine, but that's probably because my immune system is still somewhere in my house and it finds me when it knows I need it.

I eat a good diet and I even take supplements, but I guess some people just catch every damn thing no matter what they do.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:50 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 09:50 AM #6 of 34
I typically get a bad cold and cough once a year during the fall season. But I never develop a fever or have to stay in bed. The cough and cold go away in less than a week. I drink lots of water, orange juice, and hot drinks in general, and may have some cough drops if my throat happens to be sore as well. Otherwise, it only happens a few days once a year.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 01:16 PM #7 of 34
I get sick due to my ears. I was one of those kids who had tubes put in their ears, then taken out due to complications. Ever since then I've had trouble with ear infections and sore throats.

FELIPE NO
♥___♥
Banned

Member 27355

Level 1.21

Dec 2007

Old Dec 29, 2007, 01:26 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 10:56 PM #8 of 34
So how do you fare against illness?

Me, I have a rock solid immune system. I get sick once a year within the window of October - December, and that's it. The only time that has been thrown off its axis was when I got mono last January. Other than that, I'm rarely sick, and I get over illness quickly when it does happen.
I have a solid immune system, too. I don't get sick nor do I get headaches. It's outstandingly fabulous.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 01:53 PM #9 of 34
My immune system seems to want to work at random times which usually ends up being good or bad. Recently, during the winter season I've been around coughing and hacking friends and students for hours at a time and I've managed to not get sick at all. Other times though, I seem to get sick from random people that cough into the air or around me all of a sudden. I've never been sick to a degree where I've had to take a day off work or not go to classes for several years.

Smelnick
Banned

Member 12225

Level 26.09

Sep 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:33 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 07:33 PM #10 of 34
My immune system is fairly stable. For the most part I stay very healthy and I rarely get infections in my numerous wounds. However, respiratory wise, my body fails. I get a huge cough once or twice a year. Usually right around christmas, and the other right around the start of the summer. My mom has always suggested that I get checked for allergies. She figures that's why I always get a cough in the summer. Who knows. Otherwise though, I haven't any other illness despite a cough for the last 5 or 6 years.

kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:41 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 05:41 PM #11 of 34
Once exposed, all goes to shit since I have the immune system of a newborn. It's such IRONY since as a kid, I had a rock solid immune system which would piss me off since I would never get the chance to ditch school and stay in bed, drinking soup and watching Maury. Now that I actually have goddamn responsibilities, I get ill all the time.

New Years 2007 was awesome since I had a 105 degree fever and drove 600 miles at night to get back to school in time for winter session. In hindsight, it was actually a dumbass idea since I very likely could have crashed and died.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:45 PM Local time: Dec 30, 2007, 12:45 AM #12 of 34
I'm always feeling ill one way or another so it's hard to tell how effective my immune system is. I do tend to get the symptoms of whatever bug is going round at the time though. I blame my shitty diet that I can't quite balance.

Ceres
Now promoted to 'Dwarf Planet' status

Member 3240

Level 19.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:55 PM #13 of 34
I have a pretty good immune system I believe, boosted by constant exposure to cold, sickness and overall yuckyness due to working in a daycare center.

You know how a cat owner's outfit isn't complete with out a touch of cat hair? Mine isn't complete with out toddler snot on my sweatshirt.

When ever anyone in my house is sick my dad blames me for carrying it.

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 08:27 PM Local time: Dec 30, 2007, 11:27 AM #14 of 34
Well, this year was pretty awful (or awesome; staying home from school can be sweet) 'cause my throat kept playing up. I swear, there were about 5 times this year (Winter-Spring) when I'd wake up with my throat throbbing. X_x I'm not one to get sick in the stomach though.

Ever since I started taking fish oil, I haven't been sick. But then again it is Summer here, so I'll see if I escape throat infections Winter next year.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Yamigarasu
Ace P.I.

Member 22229

Level 7.28

Apr 2007

Old Dec 29, 2007, 08:49 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 10:49 PM #15 of 34
My immune system is the worst, so any small 24 hours cold can become a major case pneumonia.

Even so, I think the last time I was really sick was like, 2 years ago, and on topic, I prevent it by taking C vitamin on a daily basis.

FELIPE NO
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 09:35 PM #16 of 34
For the most part, my sicknesses rarely have anything to do with being exposed to something, but more to do with what's happening in my life. I get really really sick if something absolutely miserable is happening to me, and just generally feel like shit because I dont give a shit at the time. Finals week last Spring Semester was possibly one of the most miserable times for mind, body, and more.

I'm surprised... the three other girls on my side of my suite have all been sick twice this year, giving it to each other, and I never got it. As for yearly, my schedule dictates that always when Winter is turning to Spring, I get a horrible sore throat. It never fails. Halls Strawberry Breezers are the BEST.

Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 09:55 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 08:55 PM #17 of 34
I get a cold every summer that seems to never go away once I get it. I sometimes get one in the winter too, but not every year. All in all, though, I just seem to be pretty good at not catching crap from other people. When I do get something that other people in my family have spread between each other I also tend to not have it as badly as them. There have been several times that my baby cousin has brought God-knows-what to my house from daycare and my mom, dad, his mother, and his stepfather all get it and end up acting like they're dying but I only get a sore throat and the sniffles for a day or two and then it passes.

gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:03 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 08:03 PM #18 of 34
Halls Strawberry Breezers are the BEST.
So true.

My immune system is terrible. I had strep throat a few times in high school so whenever someone near me has a sore throat I end up with a sore throat. I also catch colds pretty easily and the cough and runny nose take forever to go away. =[

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:46 PM Local time: Dec 30, 2007, 01:16 AM #19 of 34
I don't really get sick very often, but I do have a very horrible history of stomach and digestive pains since it happens every few months but I try my best to eat healthy and I take plenty of supplements. The funny thing is that my frequent stomach usually die down within a few hours.

I've only had to take two sick days at my latest job I've been working at for the last 16 months. I don't normally get headahces very often. Overall I think I have a pretty good immune system but whenever I get sick I tend to stick with a few herbal remedies but just recently I had to deal with a very horrible eye infection, but I'm pretty much over it now, but for 5 days it kind of sucked only being able to see out of one eye.

How ya doing, buddy?
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2007, 12:47 AM #20 of 34
Generally I am pretty healthy. As of late I have suffered more from bad food than anything else. I still have the occasional cold once or twice per year and the timing always seems to be bad (last time was when I have roughly twenty hours of flying. Ugh) but otherwise good.

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Dec 30, 2007, 12:56 AM #21 of 34
I have a bizarrely strong immune system, until an illness manages to get full hold of me - then it lasts 2-3 times longer than it does in anyone else. On rare occasion something manages to affect me a little bit for a just a short time with mild symptoms, but most times when everyone around me is hacking up germs onto my food, I don't get sick, period.

I even fought off shingles once (I've got a small scar to prove I had it, but I beat it off with only a couple days of meds + my immune system, and its possible i might not have even needed the meds, since it hadn't spread by the time I realized what it was and got to the medical center).

Last time I was actually sick was with a lung infection. I was literally hacking up mucus in all the colors of the rainbow for about 2 months. Couldn't breathe without hurting like hell. It just lasted and lasted and would not go away. That was only a month ago, before that I hadn't been sick with anything for nearly 3 years.

FGSFDS!!!
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Dec 30, 2007, 03:27 AM Local time: Dec 30, 2007, 02:27 AM #22 of 34
I get sick once a year within the window of October - December, and that's it.
Unfortunately for me, it starts around mid-September, near my birthday, invariably. I am sick on my birthday, sick for Halloween, sick on Thanksgiving, and sick on Christmas. This year though I didn't get sick until the day AFTER Christmas, so that was a plus.

On that note, however, when I DO get sick, it takes an inordinately long time to kick it from my system.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Ayos; Dec 30, 2007 at 03:32 AM.
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2007, 03:59 AM #23 of 34
I've got a pretty good immunesystem and I'm hardly ever sick.
I try to eat as much healthy food and drinks as possible, plus I've been taking vitamine pills for several years.

FELIPE NO
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2007, 04:49 AM #24 of 34
I've always been really really healthy until this year when I got cancer in my immune system. Other then that the longest I was ever sick for was about 3 days with a cold in grade 7 and I only stayed home for one day.

Baaah~
Aji
bleh

Member 20118

Level 5.67

Feb 2007

Old Dec 30, 2007, 09:56 AM #25 of 34
I'm pretty healthy. Usually my illness goes away in a day or two. My cousin on the other hand is frequently sick. Allergies bother me all year =/

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh CHOO!