Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] How Well Do You Know Your Movies? - February Edition

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 02:53 AM #1 of 10
How Well Do You Know Your Movies? - February Edition

Several years ago, former moderator, Talbain, ran a weekly trivia game here in the Media Centre. It was moderately popular and provided a challenge for some of our more devoted film buffs. Sadly, the game stopped when Talbain, for whatever reason, chose to silently slip away from Gamingforce.

So I have picked up the mantle. I won't be running it every week; that would simply be too difficult a pace to maintain. But a monthly challenge sounds very reasonable and the novelty will be preserved.

Let us get right to the basics!

What exactly is this game? - Simple! I provide a series of screenshots from a multitude of movies. Your task is to identify which movies I've chosen. It's more difficult than it sounds, as you may soon discover.

Okay, I think I know some of the movies. Now what? - You send me a Private Message with your guesses contained within. Don't post your guesses in this thread! You'll only spoil the challenge for others! (And I'll delete your posts too.) You may ask rules questions in this thread, express your frustrations, or gloat if you like. Just don't reveal answers, or even offer hints. That's my job!

How long will the game run? - Each round will be open for one week. During that period, you may turn in your guesses at any time. You may also submit corrections to previous guesses if you wish. Once the week is over, I'll reveal the answers and the scores of everyone who guessed. There aren't any actual prizes but it's nice to have a moment of pride.

Is it considered cheating if I check Google or Imdb.com? - Nope! People are going investigate deeper whether I forbid it or not, so use whatever resources are at your disposal. If you think you see a clue in an image, then research the hell out of it.

That's all the rules there are. Now it's time for the actual screenshots.

Number One:
Spoiler:

Number Two:
Spoiler:

Number Three:
Spoiler:

Number Four:
Spoiler:

Number Five:
Spoiler:

Number Six:
Spoiler:

Number Seven:
Spoiler:

Number Eight:
Spoiler:

Number Nine:
Spoiler:

Number Ten:
Spoiler:

Number Eleven:
Spoiler:

Number Twelve:
Spoiler:

Notes

All the screenshots are unaltered, except for having been resized to better fit on the computer screen. Otherwise, they're exactly as they appear on the DVD.

Look for clues in the images. I'm not saying that every single one has an obvious telltale but if you know the basic plot of enough movies, you might be able to squeak out an educated guess even if you haven't actually seen the movie in question. If you're still unsure, use the internet!

I don't offer credit for partially correct answers. For example, if I show you a picture of Harrison Ford holding a whip, you might guess the film was "Raiders of the Lost Ark." Unfortunately, if it was, in fact, "Temple of Doom", you'd be wrong. Sometimes knowing the series isn't enough. I will be careful to avoid such scenarios, however. If I do indeed use "Temple of Doom", the screenshot will contain enough background clues so as to determine the film beyond a shadow of a doubt. This is why observation is key.

The difficulty has been varied to offer challenges to all kinds of people. Some movies are very popular. Some are older. Some are kind of obscure. If you know most of the answers, then don't scoff at the simplicity. You're just well-versed. If you don't know any, don't feel so bad. Some images are purposely difficult and may not be recognized by anyone. Try again next time and perhaps you'll have better luck.

If you have a ton of DVDs and would like to contribute screenshots, please feel free to assist. Try to make the screenshots interesting in appearance and not overly simple or difficult. You may upload them to me via any method you like but I'd prefer to do the resizing myself. Of course, if you submitted screenshots, it sort of makes you ineligible to play, but you do get credit for the pictures and everyone will know what a swell guy/girl you are.

That's it. Good luck folks!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:03 AM #2 of 10
Wow, I was wondering when this was going to make a come back! And damn Crash those screens are almost impossible for me, good job! Welp, time for me to get to cracking~

Most amazing jew boots
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 05:33 PM #3 of 10
So far, only three people have ventured guesses.

C'mon folks. You can do better than this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 05:53 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 04:53 PM 1 #4 of 10
I consider myself a bit of a movie buff, and I only know three of these. There's knowing your movies, and then there's remembering which movie briefly panned over Starry Night.

Most amazing jew boots
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 06:18 PM #5 of 10
So far, only three people have ventured guesses.

C'mon folks. You can do better than this.
Was my guess right?

I was speaking idiomatically.

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2008, 12:29 AM Local time: Feb 25, 2008, 11:29 PM #6 of 10
Doh I only think I might know 2 of these. I am not a movie buff...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Mar 3, 2008, 01:00 PM #7 of 10
Crash, you have failed this thread.

FELIPE NO
Cat9
Chocobo

Member 465

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 01:04 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2008, 10:04 PM #8 of 10
too bad, i liked this when Talbain was doing it

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Is there a Deadwood board game out yet?
"Go back 3 spaces you loopy fuckin' cunt"
mscbutterfly
Wark!

Member 15704

Level 2.25

Nov 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:21 AM #9 of 10
okay so I think the first one is "Five people you meet in Heaven." Number two...is that Burt Reynolds? Number three i see the picture is "starry Night" but i have no idea what movie thats from. Four is "As good as it gets." and i don't know the rest....we need additional pictures. Is five a movie from the eighties?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:59 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2008, 08:59 AM #10 of 10
I'd love to see this played again. I'm no good with movies, but it seems like it'd be a fun time, regardless.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Attention] How Well Do You Know Your Movies? - February Edition