Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

This is what I do at work (comic strips!)

ComradeTande
:B

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2008, 10:56 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2008, 09:56 PM 1 1 #1 of 10
This is what I do at work (comic strips!)

It's been outrageously slow at work nowadays, so I get away with doodling on paper. Me and a coworker have started a small comic, or well, I draw he just writes whatever he damn pleases in the bubbles.
So, here we go. Might have to squint to read some of it, his handwriting kinda sucks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:56 PM Local time: Dec 2, 2008, 09:56 PM #2 of 10
The influence of GFF has served you well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Dec 3, 2008, 03:07 AM #3 of 10
This is not newspaper friendly.

It seems somewhat disaffected, mostly because I don't sense a lot of cohesion between each strip. Three samples isn't a ton to go on, granted. How much do you know about your characters? What is the purpose of their existence? Basically, what's it all about?

Visually, I like the basic body designs. The skinny leg thing works. Stronger differentiations between heads will be necessary though. I gather these are rough sketches, so I'll just hope any final versions will have cleaner lines, standardized fonts and better page structure. I think you may need to experiment with stronger visual contrasts in the designs and line thicknesses. It really makes certain characters and settings pop. If it's meant to be a webcomic, you're not confined to the dimensional limits of a newspaper page, so there's no reason not to add more visuals when able. It needn't be excessive but they do add a lot and describe settings in a way that allows you to conserve word space for edgier humor.

Show me more and I'll see what can be done with it. You may wanna seek out Dubble and ask his opinion too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ComradeTande

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:36 AM Local time: Dec 3, 2008, 10:36 AM #4 of 10
Yeah, these were all just rough drafts drawn at work on butcher paper (not kidding).
I'll doodle some stuff up after work on my wacom and hopefully get something that's a bit...more professional.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:16 PM #5 of 10
More soup please.

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

ComradeTande

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2008, 02:11 AM Local time: Dec 4, 2008, 01:11 AM #6 of 10
Two main characters so far, I know I suck at colouring, I would probably do cross hatching instead for normal, and probably leave the colouring to special episodes.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Dec 5, 2008, 02:15 AM 2 #7 of 10
Just for kicks, I decided to draw your character myself. I tried to remain as true to your style as I could but little bits of mine show through. My tablet's not connected so I just did it with whatever pen was lying around. Here's what I wound up with:

Not too bad for about five minutes.

FELIPE NO
ComradeTande

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2008, 09:23 AM Local time: Dec 5, 2008, 08:23 AM 1 1 #8 of 10
Very cute, crash, although needs to be more anorexic skinny I think, lol. I was probably gonna crosshatch like that for the final drafts of the comics too :3

New character:

and rough drafts from last night:

apparently that song is all about masturbating...? And I didn't know.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Seris
zzzzzz

Member 1928

Level 33.66

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:41 AM #9 of 10
I know these are just doodles you do while you're bored at work, but I do have one recommendation for you and you can feel free to dismiss it since this is something you do entirely out of leisure: try and give your comics more of a sense of structure when you make them.

Like, say, instead of having word bubbles and panels floating around on your paper there, you could measure out each panel beforehand and plan out your dialog in a separate sheet of paper so you could fit the words in their bubbles accordingly.

Otherwise, it's a good start to something. Keep it up. POST MORRRE

Most amazing jew boots
The_Melomane
Go forth and become a happy cabbage

Member 20147

Level 17.46

Feb 2007

Old Dec 13, 2008, 10:59 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2008, 09:59 AM #10 of 10
I know these are just doodles you do while you're bored at work, but I do have one recommendation for you and you can feel free to dismiss it since this is something you do entirely out of leisure: try and give your comics more of a sense of structure when you make them.

Like, say, instead of having word bubbles and panels floating around on your paper there, you could measure out each panel beforehand and plan out your dialog in a separate sheet of paper so you could fit the words in their bubbles accordingly.

Otherwise, it's a good start to something. Keep it up. POST MORRRE
She actually draws them and then a co-worker puts in random conversation. Her comics that are actually purposeful--as in she planned them and they were more than doodles--were a lot better.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > This is what I do at work (comic strips!)