Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Fan Made PC Games.

Bolter
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5769

Level 2.97

Apr 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 12:08 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 12:08 PM #1 of 28
Fan Made PC Games.

What are some of your favorite Fan made PC games? Mine is Kings quest 2 romancing the stones. Also I cant wait for The Silver Linning to come out.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 02:23 PM #2 of 28
I was overjoyed with happiness when Vivendi decided not to be a total bitch about that whole situation .

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 06:31 PM #3 of 28
Super Cosplay War Ultra - which I have forced exposure of until I discovered the joys of Yotsuba! which is the current av/sig. Wonderfully made doujinshi game.

Still looking for Queen of Spades and Eternal Fighter Zero...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
MysteryRidah
The Abandonware Master

Member 1668

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 11:49 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 08:49 PM #4 of 28
Yea cosplay is amazing.

I have eternal fighter zero and eternal fighter zero blue edition. Great games.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 09:46 PM #5 of 28
There is HAlo fan made and same goes for Metroid. I heard those are good. [Haven't tried Metroid.]

I was speaking idiomatically.
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 10:38 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 01:08 AM #6 of 28
The fan-made remake of King's Quest 2 was awesome. I can't wait until they're finished with their Quest For Glory 2 remake.

There's a game called 5 Days a Stranger that's quite good for adventure/horror game fans. Its sequel 7 Days a Skeptic is decent too.

Oh, and any Mario fan is required to try out Demo World: The Legend Continues. Picture Super Mario World. Now imagine it much longer, with more goodies, containing some of the most bizarre levels and most obscure secrets you've ever seen in ANY game, and 50 times harder. Even playing it in ZSNES and making liberal use of save states, it's STILL insanely challenging. Highly recommended.

How ya doing, buddy?

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 11:26 PM #7 of 28
Originally Posted by Taegueki
There is HAlo fan made and same goes for Metroid. I heard those are good. [Haven't tried Metroid.]
It's something like Halo: Zero, its a 2-d side view platformer, its pretty sweet and a lot of fun.

Most amazing jew boots

FGSFDS!!!
Ascendancy
I'm a second year student!

Member 1628

Level 9.05

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 06:17 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 11:17 AM #8 of 28
Theres a group making a Indiana Jones point and click game. You can check it out here, looks pretty good.

http://www.barnettcollege.com

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 11:48 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 10:48 AM #9 of 28
Is this thread exclusive to freeware? Because right now Melty Blood ReACT Final Tuned (MBRAFT?) is thoroughly rocking my socks completely off.

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Bolter
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5769

Level 2.97

Apr 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 12:09 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 12:09 AM #10 of 28

Where's that metroid game? it might be fun.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Ascendancy
Theres a group making a Indiana Jones point and click game. You can check it out here, looks pretty good.

http://www.barnettcollege.com
COOL looks just like the old lucas arts games.

Last edited by Bolter; May 9, 2006 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
SeikenAeon
Buy an egg, you heartless bastard!

Member 3254

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 03:47 PM #11 of 28
There was a game, called Ragnarok Battle Offline, or something like that, made by a bunch of fans. It eventually attracted so much attention that Gravity officially supported it (how is not exactly clear to me). It's supposed to be fun as hell, but I can't read Korean, so I have no idea how to find a copy. =P Anyone know anything about this?

Oh, and there is another RO fighting game, but it's different from this one. The aforementioned one is more of a brawler, where you beat up enemies and continue down the level, while this one is more like classic fighters. I've actually played this one, which is pretty fun.

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 03:53 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 01:53 PM #12 of 28
I think that's made by a bunch of Japanese, actually. Sakura Workshop it was? The one that put out the "Glove On Fight" flash animation a while back. Ragnarok Battle Offline was originally a knock off too, but they eventually made it into a real game. Its a very funny game, but surprisingly polished looking side scroll beat them uppers.

♪♡
Thanks Seris!
SeikenAeon
Buy an egg, you heartless bastard!

Member 3254

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 03:58 PM #13 of 28
Okay, cool. So "Ragnarok Battle Offline" is the title of the beat-em-upper I was talking about, right? I'm talking about this one, so it looks like we're on the same page.

As for the other fighter, it was just a simple match-after-match fighter, where the techs of the characters (like Two-Hand Quicken) were made into pretty damn cool attacks. That's a different one I can't track down to any developers in particular. I can't find any images, either...

Thanks for the info, Magi!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 05:46 PM #14 of 28
Originally Posted by SeikenAeon
There was a game, called Ragnarok Battle Offline, or something like that, made by a bunch of fans. It eventually attracted so much attention that Gravity officially supported it (how is not exactly clear to me). It's supposed to be fun as hell, but I can't read Korean, so I have no idea how to find a copy. =P Anyone know anything about this?
a
Oh, and there is another RO fighting game, but it's different from this one. The aforementioned one is more of a brawler, where you beat up enemies and continue down the level, while this one is more like classic fighters. I've actually played this one, which is pretty fun.
Yes and no.

Ragnarok Battle Offline [Originally named Online but the word "On" was crossed off and replaced with Off. It was mainly because Gravity WAS going to make it online but they decided not to.] .ROFL, you can't get the game because it is Korea only just like how some Korean products are Korea only. [But there is expension.]

Okay, the reason I wouldn't say that it is fanmade is that sure it was originally created by the French Bread, but it is a company not some hyped fan making a game for his/her free time. They got paid, and they were hired by Gravity to make the game.

There is no other RO fighting game other then Ragnaork Battle Offline and Ragnarok Online. But I am amussing that you were mixed with Ragnarok Tactic or Ragnarok Mobiles.

Let me clear this for you.

Developer:French-Bread
Publishers: French Bread-Japan
Gravity- Korea

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Kimchi; May 9, 2006 at 06:01 PM.
Syphex
Carob Nut

Member 726

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 08:21 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 06:21 PM #15 of 28
http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/7days/

7 days a skeptic, anyone?

Fact: Best horror point & click.

EDIT: fuck, I didn't see Amanda's post. My apologies. But definately check it out. IMO, far superior to 5 days a stranger, but I know people will disagree on that one.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Syphex; May 9, 2006 at 08:23 PM.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 03:26 PM #16 of 28
ABA Games, anyone?

My personal favorite of his is Torus Trooper. Shit's crazy.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 01:00 AM Local time: Jun 17, 2006, 01:00 PM #17 of 28
Yes and no.

Ragnarok Battle Offline [Originally named Online but the word "On" was crossed off and replaced with Off. It was mainly because Gravity WAS going to make it online but they decided not to.] .ROFL, you can't get the game because it is Korea only just like how some Korean products are Korea only. [But there is expension.]

Okay, the reason I wouldn't say that it is fanmade is that sure it was originally created by the French Bread, but it is a company not some hyped fan making a game for his/her free time. They got paid, and they were hired by Gravity to make the game.

There is no other RO fighting game other then Ragnaork Battle Offline and Ragnarok Online. But I am amussing that you were mixed with Ragnarok Tactic or Ragnarok Mobiles.

Let me clear this for you.

Developer:French-Bread
Publishers: French Bread-Japan
Gravity- Korea
Eh not really. Actually my friend own a copy of RO Battle Offline. I havent had any thought to play it though. For Ragnarok mobile... I dunno, is $1.5 worthy enough for the game?

How ya doing, buddy?
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 06:50 PM #18 of 28
Have NO clue what you are saying... and Ragnarok Online Mob requires stupid monthly fee, I am not sure how they are doing Mobile outside of Korea. [As in fee, ect.]

For Ragnarok Battle Offline, yes I posted something wrong. I meant to say it never made outside of East Asia. [Japan-Korea-China, ect] but I am pretty sure only 3 versions are out. [Korean/Japanes/Chinese.] Correct if I am wrong.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 09:21 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2006, 07:21 PM #19 of 28
I've heard rave reviews about Cave Story, although I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Also, Cave Story may not technically be a 'fan-made' game since it does not rely on existing IP for the basis of its premise (Halo: Zero is a side scroller but relies on the Halo universe/characters, etc., for its visual aspect).

Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:08 PM #20 of 28
Valkyrie Fight Tag appears to be a rather fun fighting game adaptation of the popular Valkyrie Profile. It's rather impressive to be able to stay true many of the game's original attacks while putting in a couple of new ones like dolphins for Yumei, and shields for Valkyrie.

Variable Geo Max is another cute fighting game, with very very dirty cutscenes in 1p. All the voiceovers and the polished menus really make it stand out.

Fighters Kyodotai is another one of my fighting game mentions. It's somewhat inferior to Super Cosplay War Ultra, even though they were done by the same group of people, but still fun to try out, with wacky character designs.

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 06:23 AM #21 of 28
Could you guys post download links to the games that you're recommending (well, those of you that haven't)? I'd be interested in trying out some of these games.

How ya doing, buddy?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 06:52 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 06:52 PM #22 of 28
I have dreaded dial up connection. I would be happy to upload you a ragnarok battle offline iso, but duh, It will take forever for me. so sorry. >_>

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 04:08 PM #23 of 28
Here's Super Cosplay War Ultra
and as for the last three I mentioned, you might have to do some annoying multiple signups here, but they're worth it. Alternatively, I could just PM and YSI/Sendspace the zip files since I have those still.

FELIPE NO
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 07:31 PM #24 of 28
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
Here's Super Cosplay War Ultra
and as for the last three I mentioned, you might have to do some annoying multiple signups here, but they're worth it. Alternatively, I could just PM and YSI/Sendspace the zip files since I have those still.
The PM would be great. I'd rather not sign up at a bunch of other websites.

How ya doing, buddy?

Collock

Member 17032

Level 1.34

Dec 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:46 PM #25 of 28
Yay but the best games are the ones companies have released for free. Freespace two was allowed to go freeware and it is the best space sim made to date I think.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Fan Made PC Games.