Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I can't dance, going to clubbing

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:45 AM #1 of 99
Exclamation I can't dance, going to clubbing

So yeah
I need the fastest lightning course the internet has ever seen on how to dance at clubs as I'm going with some girls this saturday.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:24 AM #2 of 99
Oh lucky you! My friend's having her party this Saturday and I'm staying for the eating part but ditching the clubbing because I can't dance :S

I guess you'll be fine as long as you don't flail your body around too wildly, injuring others in the process. Just enjoy the music in moderation. If clubs are packed, then it's not like the whole room will be intent on staring at you dance, therefore detracting from their own pleasure.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:37 PM #3 of 99
Nice tips
Thanks. More tips please

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 01:19 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 12:19 PM #4 of 99
Nothing like the blind leading the blind.

Ok, what city do you live in? What type of club is it?

A few general tips:

1. Pregame - as in drink a few... like 3 before you go but don't get sloppy.

2. If you don't feel like dancing, nurse your drink and bob your head with the music.

3. Go ahead and dance. Just watch what other people are doing and go with the flow. There's no way to teach somebody to dance over the damned internet. Your best bet will be to walk up behind a girl who's already wasted and going to town, and basically just rock side to side, matching the movement of her hips. Drop your arms dead to your side, or put one hand in the air... or put one hand on her hip. You'll feel right at home when you've got a girl on either side of you doing a little bump and grind making a sandwich out of you.

4. Display confidence on all levels. Walk in like you own the place. Act like you do this kinda crap all the time. Every now and then if you don't feel like dancing just say something like, "I hate this fucking song" and go get another drink.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 01:19 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 11:19 AM #5 of 99
Watch what other people are doing, if they don't look stupid, just do what they do. No arm flailing, you'll take out someone.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:25 PM #6 of 99
The easy answer for club dancing in the U.S.: Dry humping

If you're not into raping girls from behind, then just moving to the music is also a really good way to dance w/o looking like a fool. Most men move their feet and upper part of their body, and it somehow causes their whole body to move. Avoid moving from the hips since it's mostly feminine, except for latin dances.

If you're the kind of person that does drink, then you may want to have a couple of drinks before you hit the dance floor. Just make sure you don't get too drunk. I was dancing with this one guy and he was a good dancer, but he kept saying, "Sorry I can't dance. I left my alcohol in my dorm and I can dance better when I'm drunk." He said that the whole night, so I made up an excuse to leave so I wouldn't have to listen to his whining.

Confidence is very important. You could dance like Usher, but if you keep apologize for how bad you dance then it could easily chase those girls away. It's better to be a lame dancer but have fun than to be a great dancer who is always talking and apologizing for everything.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:34 PM #7 of 99
Hmm....interesting tips...
Its a club near Long Island and its owned by some basketball player I think.
I have to dress nice.

FELIPE NO
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:42 PM #8 of 99
Tips:
1. Jump up and down if everyone else is doing so.
2. If its more of a groovy song, stick your thumbs into your pants, with hands outside and bend hips
3. If a girl is dancing with you, stick your arms in the air and wiggle your body at a moderate pace.
Have fun =)

Most amazing jew boots
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:07 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 08:07 PM #9 of 99
Any bars I go to (although few) are country-western. No real way to pick up on the dancing as you go. Requires coordination or you step on feet =I Be grateful for other clubs-genres!

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:31 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 09:31 PM #10 of 99
First you tell everyone to clear the floor. You flip a quarter in the Jukebox machine from where you're standing. Walk over to the Jukebox and pick a song.
*Note: Smooth Criminal is the only song that works with this. If they don't have it... you're out of luck.*

Walk back over to the middle of the floor. Hit a pose before the music starts.
BUST out you best Michael Jackson moves for 1 min and 1 min only. (Going beyond that by yourself would be just foolish) Have 4 more people join you.

Dance for exactly 5 more mins and stop. If THAT doesn't have people asking for your number... Nothing else will.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:33 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 08:33 PM #11 of 99
Michael Jackson moves indeed! Crotch-grabbing is the new two-step, I hear! ;D

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:36 PM #12 of 99
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Michael Jackson moves indeed! Crotch-grabbing is the new two-step, I hear! ;D
No, no...its crotch grabbing while doing a moon walk, all the while being dressed in a halloween outfit like in thriller.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 06:05 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 11:05 AM #13 of 99
One main thing you must remember; try to relax. If you feel tense you won't dance fluidly, however you do it. Though I couldn't help you with moves, I'm not much of a dancer myself. Just see what other people are doing, have a few drinks, take a deep breath and just dance.

Jamma
Nuts! Gotta get to Narshe on the fly...

Member 3119

Level 10.58

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 08:22 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 01:22 PM #14 of 99
It really does depend on what music is being played. From what you're telling us, I'm guessing there's gonna be plenty of r'n'b / hiphop tunes... in that case a bit of hip-movement is fine, just make sure you're up against a girl while you're doing it

Also remember to MOVE YOUR FEET. I see so many guys in the middle of the dancefloor standing on the spot and not moving, and it looks a bit lame.

The best advice I can give you has already been given though - see how other guys dance and assimilate some of their moves into your own. Its suprising how much you can learn, I learned the very same way. Now I'm usually the first one on the floor and I'll dance away to anything

Merchant: "You’re that thief, Locke, aren’t you?"
Locke: "Hey! Call me a Treasure Hunter, or I’ll rip your lungs out!"

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 09:28 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 12:28 AM #15 of 99
Just hold your arms out and spin around in circles, after a while you're gonna want to fall down, but try and use this to your advantage and stumble all over the floor. Eventually everyone else will be knocked out cold and you'll be the winner.

FELIPE NO
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 12:17 PM #16 of 99
Get intimate with the girls you are with. Even if they are not interested with you, when a girl dances she loves to be touched because dancing is very sensual. People don't go to clubs to dance alone afterall.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 12:22 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 01:22 AM #17 of 99
I remember the Clubbing. Before it there was Drinking. And during the Clubbing there was vomiting. I don't remember the Dancing.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 12:37 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 06:37 PM #18 of 99
I can't dance either. Never stopped me going clubbing, though. I just dance like a twat, and try not to care. Obviously I never score, but I never especially want to either. I'm there to be with my friends, not some random girl.

Jamma
Nuts! Gotta get to Narshe on the fly...

Member 3119

Level 10.58

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 01:10 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 06:10 PM #19 of 99
Originally Posted by Hydelloon
Get intimate with the girls you are with. Even if they are not interested with you, when a girl dances she loves to be touched because dancing is very sensual. People don't go to clubs to dance alone afterall.
I would only agree up to a point. A good number of girls would rather dance with guys looking only - if anyone comes up to them they'll push them away, so choose who you grope carefully... or expect a slap

Merchant: "You’re that thief, Locke, aren’t you?"
Locke: "Hey! Call me a Treasure Hunter, or I’ll rip your lungs out!"

Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 02:03 PM #20 of 99
I remember while attending my first dance in 6th grade a girl whom I was friends with leaned and whispered, "You can't dance!"

As traumatizing at that could have been I paid her no mind. The more dance parties I went to the easier it was! I haven't necessarily improved my dance skills, but as the years passed I shed away any fears of letting loose with the music! Everyone has there own unique momentum and I think it's best to try and dance with your partner. Dancing is carnal form of communication. If you can your body work with your partner's then you're golden. Watch her body moves while countering them with your own! Soon, you'll have enough experience to literally LEVEL UP your dancing skill.

Many people suggested having a drink prior to going out dancing. My buddies and I simply bring a bottle into the club!

How ya doing, buddy?

Observant Provisions | [adult swim]
"Dude, this is gonna.. Man, this is gonna wicked, like, really hurt."
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 03:13 PM #21 of 99
Well..as long as these girls are rather close to you, I'd say just bump'n grind on those hoes, that would probably the best temporary solution.

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 02:49 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 02:49 AM #22 of 99
No one is going to judge you at a club. Everyone else is busy drunk, staring from the sides and corners of the room like weird stalkers, or having a hell of a time. My advice is to just go with the flow, move all your limbs, and don't be afraid to use your arms. Too many people I see just stand there, two legs planted, and bounce around on their knees. Gets drab after a while.

And moving to the rhythm is the first step to looking like you know what you're doing. Just move to the beat.

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 03:10 PM #23 of 99
Change of plans!
We went eating at a restaurant/pub at the beach instead. The clubbing was moved to next week.

Anyways, on our way home, I asked one of the girl if I could follow her home. She said yes and it ended up with us two sleeping on her bed (not sexually, just cuddling and holding). It was late and we were both tired. She said I could hold her so I did that and we stayed on the bed a few hours. Talked a little bit and took small naps.
Around 5.30 AM she woke up from her little nap and I told her I had to go home. I asked if I could have a kiss and then she said maybe another time. What's going on? :aargh:

I know from her friends that she likes me (she has also told me that directly) and we have even talked about marriage in a few years. Jokes most of the times of course... still...
It's ok to hold her against me, touching her arms, legs, butt, but no kiss?

Something tells me it's because she just woke up, but I could be wrong... any ideas?

FELIPE NO

Last edited by gaming; Jul 9, 2006 at 03:14 PM.
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 03:48 PM #24 of 99
I have a cuddle buddy, but I wouldn't let him kiss me because for some crazy reason I feel that kissing is more intimate than cuddling, but that's just me. I think she may have been caught up in the moment and lack of sleep caused her to become less shy possibly. Either that, or 5:30 AM was just too early and she was still sleepy, which is probably the reason why she said "maybe another time" to the kiss.

Give it a little time. See how she reacts the next time she see's you.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
How Unfortunate
Ghost

Member 4460

Level 13.04

Apr 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 09:59 PM #25 of 99
Congrats for asking, nice.

But then you didn't make a move, and then you asked the next day. So it's off to friends zone, unfortunately.

If there's a next time, sniff her hair a little and tell her she smells nice, and keep smelling her while not touching her. (It sounds stupid but it works). And deprive her of touching a little while when she wants it (bat her off if you have to); it's fun. ^_^

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > I can't dance, going to clubbing